Post-Game Talk: Panthers gut out a 4-3 win with Bob shining late for Q's 900th win, 2nd all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
And now we are saying Pavel Bure wouldn't be the best scorer in the League along with Ovechkin if he played now... lol

Comparing him to Kessel... LOL

Man, this board... It's gone brain-dead, plain stupid or just simply ridiculous.

When someone compares Bure to Kessel you know they never saw Bure play other than youtube tributes

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
He isnt better than MacDavid or Mackinnon as a skater if anything they are on par. And his overall skill level isnt really better than them. SO you can expect goal production to be similar to Mackinnon not as good as Macdavid.

Remember Bure would had todays training / doctors he would easily been the fastest

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Still, he put up those numbers in a time when it was a lot harder to score - clutch and grab, big goalie equipment, defensive tactics (still the two line pass?). Not faster than MacD and MacK but the much purer scorer IMO

Goalies were much smaller.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Putting aside any moral objections, bringing in Voynov would be the absolute worst PR move the team can make. All the headlines would be about how the Panthers just brought in a wife beater that nobody else wanted.

It doesn't matter if he did or didn't do it, or if all 30 other teams would bring him in for the right price. But this is the Panthers. Most of the hockey media would love to skewer the team with anything negative that they can. The Canadian media would never let it go. Team makes it to the finals? It would be all about how Voynov might win a cup and how we gave him that chance.

Personally, I don't really care what others think about the team. The last 25 years have numbed me to it, but it would be a huge distraction and keep away many new potential fans. Let's not spoil what could be the greatest period ever for our franchise.
Do we have any idea what kind of contract voynov would want? I assume its going to be a 1 year try out, but what kind of $$$ should he get?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If the team goes after Voynov, the only thing I ask is can we NOT be the only team that calls?

Like, let there be a bidding war and we won it and its disclosed which teams called etc.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Do we have any idea what kind of contract voynov would want? I assume its going to be a 1 year try out, but what kind of $$$ should he get?

No idea but I'd guess $5M per year. Gusev got $4.5M and he never even played in the NHL. Voynov is proven, but his off-ice stuff would warrant a discount.

But it could be for $1M and I wouldn't want us involved. Just not worth the trouble.

Reactions: IM Clutcm

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

Sorry why we should go now after Voynov?? We have a young Hockey Player with a good 2 Way Game who doesnt found his Way till now and is more or less on the Block to move and will be moved latest on TDL.
So you have a Piece to work on a trade you can build around. And nothing then a Top4-Top6 or real ggod D Prospect with NHL expierence would make Sense.

Beside that why should a russian D come here, after how we handle Kiselevich who by far wasnt bad on this Team and we passed on him.
Do think after Kulikov and Kiselevich all russian D wanna come here, good one.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Sorry why we should go now after Voynov?? We have a young Hockey Player with a good 2 Way Game who doesnt found his Way till now and is more or less on the Block to move and will be moved latest on TDL.
So you have a Piece to work on a trade you can build around. And nothing then a Top4-Top6 or real ggod D Prospect with NHL expierence would make Sense.

Beside that why should a russian D come here, after how we handle Kiselevich who by far wasnt bad on this Team and we passed on him.

It didn't stop Bob from coming

Reactions: harv33173

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Remember Bure would had todays training / doctors he would easily been the fastest

By that logic we can say that Mackinnon and McDavid get faster every year but they stay the same speed essentially from juniors. Remember part of what made Bure a great skater was his very unique style. That style led him to have knee problems. You would need a modern coach to tweak his unique style it may be that after the tweak he isn't as fast anymore but has more longevity or vice versa they make him faster with even more tear on his knees.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Wait Bob is now a Defender? Woow Goalies can now also play defense.
Then let me ask different, are the Panthers still willed to go after Russian Players after there last outcome.
Like i said i doesnt understand the Kiselevich trade, till today.

What sense do your statements make? Russian dman are afraid to come to the Panthers but for some reason Russian goalies are not afraid? It doesn't make any sense at all. Either Russian players want to come here or they don't want to come here; the position they play is irrelevant.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Putting aside any moral objections, bringing in Voynov would be the absolute worst PR move the team can make. All the headlines would be about how the Panthers just brought in a wife beater that nobody else wanted.

It doesn't matter if he did or didn't do it, or if all 30 other teams would bring him in for the right price. But this is the Panthers. Most of the hockey media would love to skewer the team with anything negative that they can. The Canadian media would never let it go. Team makes it to the finals? It would be all about how Voynov might win a cup and how we gave him that chance.

Personally, I don't really care what others think about the team. The last 25 years have numbed me to it, but it would be a huge distraction and keep away many new potential fans. Let's not spoil what could be the greatest period ever for our franchise.

I don’t disagree with what you say, nor am I even too keen on the idea of adding him, but I don’t think it will blow up the way you think it would. I could care less what the media thinks, and if they want to throw shade at us, fine. Teams have done things like this in the past, and still have a fan base supporting them. We see it happen often in the other leagues, and while I think we would get some negative press, I doubt it would effect our attendance, or even our appearance as an organization.

The thing is, I’m torn on this issue. I am completely against domestic violence. The thought of a man beating a woman disgusts me, given the circumstances. I don’t know the full story, so I guess that is why I was leaning toward signing him. I guess if he was a forward, instead of a Dman, I wouldn’t want to sign him lol.

I’m just interested to know what the ownership would think of a move like this. I doubt they would approve.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
What sense do your statements make? Russian dman are afraid to come to the Panthers but for some reason Russian goalies are not afraid? It doesn't make any sense at all. Either Russian players want to come here or they don't want to come here; the position they play is irrelevant.

Not sure where this makes no Sense, that has something to do with reputation. And yes Reputation can belong to all Players or only a Part of it. When you have a good Goalie Coach with good Reputation you can atract Player. But when you Defensive System or handle of Defensiv Players are bad or it doesnt work them very well only a few will join.

Maybe it listen like it doesnt make that much Sense, but in the matter how History, Reputation, TeamReputation, HearandTell Storys Player willed to come or not. That can include Players from specific Areas, in special Russian Defender. Sorry when you tell me now a positiv Russian Defender the last 10 Years on the Panthers i will welcome it.
And BackHand Kulikov would not count as positive, then he would be still here.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I don’t disagree with what you say, nor am I even too keen on the idea of adding him, but I don’t think it will blow up the way you think it would. I could care less what the media thinks, and if they want to throw shade at us, fine. Teams have done things like this in the past, and still have a fan base supporting them. We see it happen often in the other leagues, and while I think we would get some negative press, I doubt it would effect our attendance, or even our appearance as an organization.

The thing is, I’m torn on this issue. I am completely against domestic violence. The thought of a man beating a woman disgusts me, given the circumstances. I don’t know the full story, so I guess that is why I was leaning toward signing him. I guess if he was a forward, instead of a Dman, I wouldn’t want to sign him lol.

I’m just interested to know what the ownership would think of a move like this. I doubt they would approve.
Yeah, I know nothing about the issue, so I'll trust that Tallon and ownership will do their due diligence if they are going to bring him in.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

I can only go by what’s publicly known, and it’s pretty damning. I’d be completely against signing him. He already got a second chance - in Russia.

I hope we never get to the point where this even becomes an option. I’d hate the situational ethics that would ensue.

Reactions: 16Skippy

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

Wwe still don't know what the deal is with Kis. Apparently he was dealing with some personal issues, but I agree that he just flat out didn't get a fair shake here. He would be a good addition to this team right now. He'd be a clear upgrade over Josh Brown and Mark Pysyk.

That said, I'm not sure Russian D-Men don't want to come here because of that. In fact, I think that's wild speculation on your part.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
NHL says Voynov isn't eligible after game 41 this season, that his suspension doesn't start until he signs a NHL contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad