Post-Game Talk: Panthers gut out a 4-3 win with Bob shining late for Q's 900th win, 2nd all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
flames may make a move? would love to have hamonic, he's a ufa after this year, but theyd probably want someone like hoffman. we just need to change our D, having a guy like stralman, a vet whos smart and steady defensively is good to have in the top-4, but having ekblad, yandle, and matheson? maybe one, sure (not saying theyre not top-4 D, i mean we need a blend of different skillsets and play styles). weegar has been great and Id definitely like to hang onto him. not having a true #1 obviously hurts, thats why if pietrangelo makes it to ufa I say go all in and figure out what to do with the other 3 guys after. id be interested in keith still, despite his age. minny should just go into a rebuild, suter (yeah i know his contract) and brodin, LA should just go into a rebuild, doughty would cost an arm (aside from the contract itself) and a leg but martinez wouldnt be bad. idk, just rambling now. no excuse to not be a playoff team this year, but with our D setup we wont go deep into the playoffs.

Playoff eligible, cheap, and extremely good

Reactions: geisterpanthers

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
2nd goal ruined an otherwise great night, Bob was good.

Seriously, I don't get it why this again should be his fault.

He has absolutely no chance to see that puck - at the video shot from behind from Panarin you can see him try to look over the top of the Dman and the Rangers forward. Can't stop what you can't see, perfectly placed low shot by Panarin on a completely screen goaltender

Reactions: Boothinator

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Progress, Bob was a heck of the Night he made some saves. Holy Shit when the whole Team speaking about, there is a defensive Problem, then it might be something on it. But we had also a smal progress in the Game, while Rangers was on the PP. Brown was placed infront of the Net, first going on the first Player disturb then to play the puck clean, right next he turn right and disturb the second Player. And now no chance in the Slot was gonna happen.
The Problem is only 2of6 Players on the D Roster could out battle the opposite forwards in that Way and then Brown is not our Toptier Player.
Also happy how Ekblad tight up some Players on the Board.

Yandle is something complete different, they tryed Pysyk as a Forward next time i would go Yandle. By far the most offensive mind Defender on this Team, what works out for him. But his D game is D to F.

Another Progress and still counts if the Panthers score first the Chance we win the Game is at Home pretty high. Progress Malgin Hoffmann played well together and maybe can gain something the next Games. Lines Done.

Panthers Top at.
2nd in Scoreing in the NHL
3rd highest GA in the NHL
5th on PP% in the NHL

Next Step would be another win in regulation, might work on the tie up player infront of our Net, so the Goalie can see the Puck and no clean redirection and Rebounds.
That alone would be great next Step to build on.

Take then win take the Lead, let the other one on the hunt, hunting cost energy and provokes high risk plays.

Last edited:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Drove me nuts for a while until I figured out what it was. I have no idea why but using cellular data I can post free WiFi not so much lol.

Why do you guys use WiFI so much in US? What does unlimited data for cell cost? Nobody really uses wifi in finland for phone as unlimited is 20$ a month few bucks more and can get 100mbit data unlimited on your phone

Reactions: GermanPanther

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
He and his wife both claim that he didn't do anything. If he was a white American or Canadian he would be still playing in the NHL, but he is one of those "people who come here". No, even worse he is Russian...
Right, because Voynov is a reliable source in this and because no abuse victims have ever denied that their abuser hurt them. I mean, this sounds like it was totally just an accident. The alleged choke marks on her neck definitely sound like "nothing happened".

If he would still be playing in the league were he a white American or Canadian guy, that says something disturbing about the league.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
So we’re 6th in the conference and 10th in the league right now with 10-5-5, but some would say we’re playing .500 hockey.

Jeez two thirds of the teams must really suck right?

Reactions: I am not exposed

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
By the way, those calling Hubie the best player on the team ahead of Barkov really aren’t watching (or don’t know how to watch) what Barky does out there, he’s often the screen that critically contributes to the goal, or he’s the one who strips the puck from their D and keeps it in the zone, and he’s the one the other team is most worried about which leaves space for Hubie and Dads to do their thing.

Put Hubie with Tro and Hoff and let’s see if he can get even close to the level he’s at. Still, Hubie is playing fantastic and is the team’s second best forward.

Reactions: PanthersHockey1

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Hubie is playing fantastic and is the team’s second best forward.

I agree, but at the same token he, along with Dads, got benched not too long ago by Q for some piss poor hockey. Only Barkov is able to maintain that elite level hockey from game to game while all the other guys tops at for two good games they counter with one game of some bad, at times even some atrocious hockey.

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
By the way, those calling Hubie the best player on the team ahead of Barkov really aren’t watching (or don’t know how to watch) what Barky does out there, he’s often the screen that critically contributes to the goal, or he’s the one who strips the puck from their D and keeps it in the zone, and he’s the one the other team is most worried about which leaves space for Hubie and Dads to do their thing.

Put Hubie with Tro and Hoff and let’s see if he can get even close to the level he’s at. Still, Hubie is playing fantastic and is the team’s second best forward.

Agreed. Barkov is the best player on the team. Thing is that line compliments each other in a way they wouldn't on another line, unfortunatly. It's good that teams hold more focus on Barkov so that Huberdeau and Dadonov can be able to play to their highest abilities. I wish the same could be said about Trocheck but Barkov is just on another level...or two. Not to mention how well those 3 guys can find eachother, they are really well drilled as a unit in the O-zone. The only other line that can keep the puck in there in a similar fashion would be the 4th this year. They obviously aren't at the same level in terms of creating chances and scoring though. :)

Reactions: KW

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
So we’re 6th in the conference and 10th in the league right now with 10-5-5, but some would say we’re playing .500 hockey.

Jeez two thirds of the teams must really suck right?

The good news is there’s still tons of room for improvement.

Reactions: KW

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Why do you guys use WiFI so much in US? What does unlimited data for cell cost? Nobody really uses wifi in finland for phone as unlimited is 20$ a month few bucks more and can get 100mbit data unlimited on your phone

Not sure about the US, but here in Canada, it can be very expensive.

We probably pay the most for our cellphones than any other country in the world :(

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
I thought i saw Yandle creeping up on the pairings while Matheson was with Pysyk.

Do you guys think Q is warming up to Yandle with more icetime and putting Matheson on 3rd pairing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad