Post-Game Talk: Panthers gut out a 4-3 win with Bob shining late for Q's 900th win, 2nd all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
:rangers @ :panthers
8-7-2 --vs-- 9-5-5

Rangers last ten games: 6-3-1
Panthers last ten games: 5-3-2

Rangers vs Panthers last ten match-ups: NYR - 5-1-4 vs FLA - 5-3-2

Rangers will be battling some embarrassment and injury trouble after a 9-3 beat down in Tampa, after going 5-1-1 in their previous seven games

Kaapo Kakko has the flu and is questionable for today's game.
Trouba (upper body) is a game day decision as per head coach David Quinn

Rangers lineup is subject to change:

Goalies:
20191116_111005.jpg

Offense:
20191116_111021.jpg

Defense:
20191116_111038.jpg

Panthers need a win to erase the bitter taste of a 4-3 loss to the Jets on Thursday, a game where the Cats looked sluggish and unfocused all game.
The PP is on fire as of late (9 for 27/33%) in their last 8 games which leads the league.

Panthers lineup:

“Obviously, I am not happy with the number of goals that have been scored,” said Bobrovsky, who gave up four Thursday as the Winnipeg Jets won a back-and-forth contest 4-3 at BB&T Center. “What can I do right now? Every NHL seasons brings its own challenges and no matter how fresh you feel physically or mentally, there is going to be some adversity you have to overcome.
“Every game is a new challenge, a new opportunity. You have to be able to forget what happened last night because it doesn’t really matter. We are all going to stick together here and we’re going to move on.”

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Love that the guys are not pointing fingers at one another while sticking up for one another but also taking accountability for their bad stretches.
Ekblad stood up for Bob and he said they all believe in each guy on the team.
Bob knows he has to be better, not giving up on the guy anytime soon.
Q said everyone will have ups and downs and that the downs need to be helped as a group, not individually.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
The Panthers should dominate a team like the Rangers, however, we all know they won't and it will be a close game.

5-3 Panthers with the last one being an ENG.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I expect a very good game from panthers tonight. Should be focused rested and sharp. Schedule evening out with good routine playing every second day. Should be one of their best games imo or I’ll be a bit disappointed

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Oh no, why Bobrovsky again, this should be Monties net to lose by now. The major issue with those big-money contracts besides the cap hit is that you need to play the guy although he sucks, especially early into the contract.
But no matter what the leagues worst goalie needs to be benched. Even Columbus didn't completely trust him last year, wasn't he even scratched in the Montreal game which was the most important game of the season for them?

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Nice Posts here, a few about watch out how the Rangers will react. Why we talk about the Rangers, why we aren´t talk about how will our Team react.

We never had a real lead in the last 4 Games, never was able to score the first Goal. Someone remember here how high was the Winning % last Year, when Panthers had the Lead after 1st Periode or scored the first Goal.
Why we are still horrible in front our net, and still allowing Blueline shots. A lot of Goals was scored on us as redirection Goals, what says more then enough about it.

I dont wanna hear or talk about how other Teams will play, i wanna talk about what the Panthers will play tonight.
Will we see another 20-30 Minutes effort Game or are we that PO ready to play consistent Game after Game 50+ Minutes Games. That would mean clear wins, better +/-. Be in a better Situation to control a Game. That is what i await from the Panthers.
Coach Q has now his Lines and can now work on the System fitting for the Lines. I hope he focus first on the D-Pairing and the defensive Game.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
@JonathanHuberdoh said:
You think Lukas Krajicek, Lance Ward, Brad Ference, Paul Laus, Robert Svehla and Darren Van Impe are better than Aaron Ekblad, McKenzie Weegar, Mike Matheson, Anton Strahlman, Keith Yandle and Mark Pysyk?

Sorry calling Ekblad or yandle a good defensiv Player is the same shit. I dont know how many hear saying we should play more physical.
You ever saw one of them ever end a play that Way. Btw Lukas Krajicek had only one real Season with the Panthers ended up +1 in 67 played Games. Thats real bad i guess.
Lance Ward was nothing but an enforcer, our last enforcer in our D was Petro and he sucked too.
Brad Ference the next Enforcer with over 200 PIM.
Now i really start to think about it, you say former Panther 2000-2006 Defensiv Panthers, who was more enforcer then Skilled Players have the same Level.
We picked a Top 3 Defensive who cant play D cant skate and then put them on a equal Level to 2 enforcer and a Player played only a single Year on the Panthers.

Yes Stralman is an Upgrade, Weegar maybe best D on this Team as a 7th Round Pick. Pysyk you never know which one you get. Matheson on a better Way back and stopped turning over the Puck. Yandle defensive game good joke, same goes to Ekblad. They played together last game 2 Minutes on the Ice and our D complete collapse in overreaction and bad plays. Again you put 2 skilled players on the same Level as Enforcer and ask them who played better.

Hard on stats. Keith Yandle stats same bad as Brad Ference. Difference Bread Ference played an Enforcer Role.
PAul Laus stats arent bad but he played most of the games before 2000, and again Player with far over 200 PIM oooh another Enforcer.
This will go on and on and on.

In the End of the Day. We have now more skill in the Defensiv and still suck when it comes to defensive play. We would need 2xWeegar, 2x Stralman(a bit younger),
Matheson and Brown or Yandle belongs how they wanna play. But that tells you with the current skill we have know, we still cant get it. Would be interisting if we had those old Enforcer Check first Player would we still be that bad in the current Days. Cause then we would have a more Physical Defensiv Game and then would see what works out.

But when you go with Numbers and skill and stats, then old D and new D a same worse. With more skill that shouldnt be like that.

Edit: Holy Cow you really brought up a Player who only played 36 Games for the Panthers. Also dont see how was Robert Svehla that bad he has clear up and downs on his Season here. But again a player with far more Season befor 2000 then afterwards. The last Season he player with the Leafs was then great again.
I dont wanna go on from here, but wouldnt be he another example of D Players leaving Florida and then has a better Season. Maybe Florida has a real D system Issue.

@JonathanHuberdoh Sorry for answering yet not enough time lately to check Day by Day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->