Post-Game Talk: Panthers gut out a 4-3 win with Bob shining late for Q's 900th win, 2nd all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Ya that's not enough, really have to start racking them up if we want to feel slightly comfortable come trade deadline.

If we achieve 100+ points, I could care less about RW...

Can we all just enjoy this team and our record ? Will nitpick if we fail... I know we've been a failure for a long time, but this is Q's 900th win and our 10th of the season, which means we are at .500 so far and we are in late November... When was the last time we could say that ?

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTHERS !!!!!

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Matheson has gone back to his usual trash play, -10 since he came back and on the ice for all 3 Rags goals tonight, 0 for Florida

Reactions: Mogo

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
@ThePatientPanther @EnforceTheLaus im having major issues posting on HF from my iPhone. The text box no longer shows up on my phone to post a reply.

I’m not sure if others have the same issue on their phone but it is super annoying.

My phone does that every-time I’m on the BB&T center’s free WiFi. When I turn the WiFi off it works fine.

Reactions: PanthersHockey1

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Obverations from the game I thought bob got better as the game went along, it concerns me how much he likes to kick pucks out for rebounds rather than swallow pucks as much as possible.

This team needs tons of work on defense especially the forwards. It starts with how easy it is to walk through the neutral Zone and setup zone time. We have to be way more aware of every opposition player on the ice at all times. The defensive play has been completely unacceptable.

It concerns me that from a defensive perspective every game the same issues appear. What’s up with coaching this shit away. I’ve seen zero improvement on the defensive side of the puck through the first 20 games.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
flames may make a move? would love to have hamonic, he's a ufa after this year, but theyd probably want someone like hoffman. we just need to change our D, having a guy like stralman, a vet whos smart and steady defensively is good to have in the top-4, but having ekblad, yandle, and matheson? maybe one, sure (not saying theyre not top-4 D, i mean we need a blend of different skillsets and play styles). weegar has been great and Id definitely like to hang onto him. not having a true #1 obviously hurts, thats why if pietrangelo makes it to ufa I say go all in and figure out what to do with the other 3 guys after. id be interested in keith still, despite his age. minny should just go into a rebuild, suter (yeah i know his contract) and brodin, LA should just go into a rebuild, doughty would cost an arm (aside from the contract itself) and a leg but martinez wouldnt be bad. idk, just rambling now. no excuse to not be a playoff team this year, but with our D setup we wont go deep into the playoffs.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
just a side note: matheson has the lowest +/- on the team with a -10. say what you want about +/-, just pointing it out. then again, stralman is 2nd with -9. is there somewhere that can show just how many goals have been scored against while a particular D is on the ice? specifically even strength. as numbers will be boosted on a PP while I dont want to judge too harshly when on the PK.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I think Matheson has been playing better overall. He's night and day from last season, IMO. Last season he would have multiple disaster level gaffes in any given period. Anybody remember that game when they had Matheson and Petrovic on the same pairing together and they gave up like 5 goals in the third period? Yeah.

Honestly, Matheson wasn't great tonight, but this season he's been fine. I'll take fine.

Reactions: Boothinator

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Obverations from the game I thought bob got better as the game went along, it concerns me how much he likes to kick pucks out for rebounds rather than swallow pucks as much as possible.
Old habits die hard, Torts hated FO's in d zone. HAAATED.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
If we achieve 100+ points, I could care less about RW...

Can we all just enjoy this team and our record ? Will nitpick if we fail... I know we've been a failure for a long time, but this is Q's 900th win and our 10th of the season, which means we are at .500 so far and we are in late November... When was the last time we could say that ?

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTHERS !!!!!
WWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I'm on the road and missed this game too. It looks like it was another good one. Beating the Rangers is like the funnest feeling in hockey. It's like a cup of homemade cocoa w/marshmallows on a winters day good. Grats to the stache on his 900th! That just sounds crazy.

Papa044

Aug 2, 2005
Miami, FL
Was at the game tonight and have to say, ranger fans are by far the worst fans in the game. They show 0 respect for us. Was surrounded by 20 of them and felt like I was at an away game. Anyways, nice to walk out with the W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad