Status
Not open for further replies.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Blue Jackets Bob was good.

Panthers Bob gets praise for a game score of -0.68 because the standard is apparently that low for him now.
Bob is just always a scapegoat regardless of how he played. I do understand the reasoning behind it though. His contract brings certain expectations

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
That was one of the most embarassing periods of hockey I’ve ever seen a blue line handle the puck. That might have been a record for turnovers by a blue line.

Forsling out of position, trying to protect a foot from the blue line skating backhand, easily stripped

Weegar turnovers galore

Ekblad trying to stick handle around guys 90 seconds into a shift when he could have just made a simple play. Shooting into screens, turnovers in his own zone

Yandle, got a tired Red Wings team out there and stands with the puck in his own zone until the Wings change, then throws it away to them.

just the massive amount of turnovers it’s hard to believe it was only a one goal game at the end. They didn’t deserve to win that game based on the lack of focus on the back end.

Huh? You haven't seen a Panthers game in a while then. Normal night here

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
That was one of the most embarassing periods of hockey I’ve ever seen a blue line handle the puck. That might have been a record for turnovers by a blue line.

Forsling out of position, trying to protect a foot from the blue line skating backhand, easily stripped

Weegar turnovers galore

Ekblad trying to stick handle around guys 90 seconds into a shift when he could have just made a simple play. Shooting into screens, turnovers in his own zone

Yandle, got a tired Red Wings team out there and stands with the puck in his own zone until the Wings change, then throws it away to them.

just the massive amount of turnovers it’s hard to believe it was only a one goal game at the end. They didn’t deserve to win that game based on the lack of focus on the back end.

This, blue line handled the puck like a hand grenade tonight.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
There’s a clear lane to shoot two different times. He’s good enough to beat the goalie with a good shot. But passing it back and forth works just fine with under a minute.
From that far out? Barkov has a good wrister, but he's no Laine, especially without a proper screen. Considering how Detroit was murdering us on faceoffs, you really want to take that chance on a nothing play and with the way Bernier played? I wouldn't.

The bigger issue was that we needed more traffic in front of the net and towards the middle, too many players standing still close to the boards away from the play.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I didn’t watch more than 5 minutes, but I’m just assuming the team doesn’t play as well in front of Bob as they do Judge.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
In the same way France’s historical military prowess had no effect in stopping them from being steamrolled in WW2, probably best to not rest on laurels.

His hardware from years past doesn’t mean he isn’t playing like an absolute weenie in the present, and yes...like a loser.

the Panthers were eastern conference champions in 1996 :)

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I just finished watching.
What did Bernie make, like 37 saves?
Bob made 25 saves. I hope people aren't saying he was horrible tonight. That should be good enough to win. 7 goals of goal support would have been nice tonight. That's not always the case, it happens.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice

Weegar turnovers galore

The Stralman turnover breakaway was right up there too in "wtf are you doing" plays of the night.

CursedCats

Mar 10, 2020
I didn’t watch more than 5 minutes, but I’m just assuming the team doesn’t play as well in front of Bob as they do Judge.

Not true according to the numbers. Driedger is just better than Bob. I guess we know who the starter is and who the backup is now.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Bob made 25 saves. I hope people aren't saying he was horrible tonight. That should be good enough to win. 7 goals of goal support would have been nice tonight. That's not always the case, it happens.

I thought the only goalie stat that mattered to you was win/loss ;)

CursedCats

Mar 10, 2020

Bob should be the last one complaining about goal support anyway.

He has a winning record as a Panther despite his awful numbers.

Reactions: I am not exposed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad