Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I just finished watching.
What did Bernie make, like 37 saves?
Bob made 25 saves. I hope people aren't saying he was horrible tonight. That should be good enough to win. 7 goals of goal support would have been nice tonight. That's not always the case, it happens.

Thing is.. 2nd goal was his fumble (sure the team should defended better but you dont fumble the puck out of your glove like that )
He was out of position so many times during the night
His lateral movement is so weird. He's out of position because of that so often

Reactions: RogerRoger

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Bob should be the last one complaining about goal support anyway.

He has a winning record as a Panther despite his awful numbers.
He has done a lot of complaining about how the team plays in front of him, hasn't he?

And his numbers were pretty awful tonight too!

:sarcasm:

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Usually a goalie would need his team to score more than one goal to get a win.

Not every game is gonna be a big night offensively. Have to win these tight games. Bernier made the saves, 38 to be exact. Nemeth who hasn’t scored in 2 years and a rookie who got his first.

Driedger is 10-1-2 in his last 13. The numbers are right there.

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So it only matters at certain times for you then. Bob wins, then it counts. Bob loses, doesn't matter. Should have figured that would be the case.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

Seriously, like 95% of games, you have to score more than one goal in order to win. I don't know if people can get that through their heads. That's hockey 101.

Thing is.. 2nd goal was his fumble (sure the team should defended better but you dont fumble the puck out of your glove like that )
He was out of position so many times during the night
His lateral movement is so weird. He's out of position because of that so often
People only see what if they want to see I guess.

Judge was out of position so many times last game.

He also fumbled the puck out of his glove, and instead of going in on a rebound, it hit the post.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
This is why I like using the #1 goalie (Driegs) in the 2nd game of a back-to-back. The offense/defense looked dead tired after the 1st period compared to last night and Driegs might have been able to ALWGAP this one, while Bob would have had a fresher team in front of him for goal/defense support in the 1st game.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Anyone can see we play better in front of Driedger than we do Bob. It’s been that way since Driedger came here.

Just look at the numbers, in this case they actually tell the story! He has started 19 games for us and we’ve won or got a point in 15 of them. Based on that alone he is the goalie that gives us the best chance to win.

Reactions: GermanPanther

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Not every game is gonna be a big night offensively. Have to win these tight games. Bernier made the saves, 38 to be exact. Nemeth who hasn’t scored in 2 years and a rookie who got his first.

Driedger is 10-1-2 in his last 13. The numbers are right there.
How to win those tight games? Like you should be expected to get a shutout every night. Oh dear!
Could you imagine if Q said before a game to Bob, "I'm going to need you to get a shutout tonight."
No coach in the right mind would tell a goalie that!

And I don't care what Judge's stats are in his last 13 games. What have you done for me lately? He just started three games in a row, what's his stats from that?

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Please don't put words in my mouth.

Seriously, like 95% of games, you have to score more than one goal in order to win. I don't know if people can get that through their heads. That's hockey 101.

People only see what if they want to see I guess.

Judge was out of position so many times last game.

He also fumbled the puck out of his glove, and instead of going in on a rebound, it hit the post.

I'm not. And that is pretty much sport 101. Get a bigger score than your opponent. No kidding!

Reactions: Cold Cat

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
How to win those tight games? Like you should be expected to get a shutout every night. Oh dear!
Could you imagine if Q said before a game to Bob, "I'm going to need you to get a shutout tonight."
No coach in the right mind would tell a goalie that!

And I don't care what Judge's stats are in his last 13 games. What have you done for me lately? He just started three games in a row, what's his stats from that?

Can’t tell if you’re being serious or not honestly but Driedger is 3-0-0 in his last 3 games lol.

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Can’t tell if you’re being serious or not honestly but Driedger is 3-0-0 in his last 3 games lol.
No I was being serious.

I'm not really concerned anymore with Judge's stats from mid-January. It's February 20th in a compressed season, what have you done for me lately?
Other than win-loss record, what her is stats last 3 games?

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
No I was being serious.

I'm not really concerned anymore with Judge's stats from mid-January. It's February 20th in a compressed season, what have you done for me lately?
Other than win-loss record, what her is stats last 3 games?

What's Bob stats since he arrived in Florida...

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Well, they boys go home now. Time to get ready for a mini playoff series against Dallas, 3 in a row.

Shake it off, get their heads straight, and come out flying against last seasons Western Conference Champs.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I don't know, not concerned with the past. You can find that out yourself.

I know let in a couple tonight and that was not good enough to win. Judge let a couple in last night and it was good enough to win.

Couple of weeks ago, Bob had abysmal stats, but was winning games. Cold Cat was singing from the rooftops about the win stat and for some reason, the other stats didn't matter. Now Bob loses a close game, and starts going on about Judge winning 3 games but we should check his other stats instead. :laugh:

Reactions: batting1k

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The 2nd goal was bad but it really isnt on Bob. 1 goal isnt enough to win. This one hurts but Detroit will still win 16 or so games this year. On to Dallas.

Reactions: Vilam

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Couple of weeks ago, Bob had abysmal stats, but was winning games. Cold Cat was singing from the rooftops about the win stat and for some reason, the other stats didn't matter. Now Bob loses a close game, and starts going on about Judge winning 3 games but we should check his other stats instead. :laugh:
All right you got me.
Judge lets in two, he is the savior. Bob lets in two, take another step down death row. Should have got a shutout
:deadhorse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->