Post-Game Talk: Panthers 1 @ Red Wings 2 - 20/2 * 5pm EST - v3.2.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Hello from a forum newbie. I've loved the Panthers from the beginning, with having had season tickets. It seems that I am now just starting to understand the strategy of the game. So, please forgive me in my lack of knowledge amongst the hockey experts.

With that said, it is very frustrating to see Yandle give up so many turnovers in our end. I do not trust Sergei as a goalie. When you have the 2nd highest paid goalie in the NHL, you should feel confident with him...not "gee, I hope he does okay". Yep...I agree that he makes some great saves, at times. But for what we pay him, he is totally not consistent.

I never gave up on them, and I never will. I think we will do okay this season.

I pray that everyone stays healthy and safe....
lol lol, “amongst hockey experts” :laugh:

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
An interesting coach's dilemma: Driedger clearly gives the team the better chances of winning but Bob has the big contract. Does Driedger get most of the starts ROS, knowing that he is the better goalie this season and also knowing that he likely won't be around after this season, with Bob having a chance to earn his starting job again next year? Knight will not be ready and whoever is brought in to replace Driedger will be the assumed #2.

I am assuming that if Driedger continues his great play this year, he'll price himself out of Florida and will get a nice 2 or 3 year contract at around $3.5 million AAV.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
An interesting coach's dilemma: Driedger clearly gives the team the better chances of winning but Bob has the big contract. Does Driedger get most of the starts ROS, knowing that he is the better goalie this season and also knowing that he likely won't be around after this season, with Bob having a chance to earn his starting job again next year? Knight will not be ready and whoever is brought in to replace Driedger will be the assumed #2.

I am assuming that if Driedger continues his great play this year, he'll price himself out of Florida and will get a nice 2 or 3 year contract at around $3.5 million AAV.
My take is that the coach should give Driedger the majority of starts, until his game starts to fall off (which may not happen but the plan should take into account the possibility that it will), at which point Bob will be motivated to claim back his starter job, and I think he might then play well.

I really don’t know what else Q can do, except maybe instead of Driegs getting 3 out of 4 starts, Q backs off a bit and gives him 2 out of 3.

Reactions: harv33173

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
I agree that Driedger should get a clear shot at the #1 spot. And if he runs with it odds are he’s gone after this year. Let’s take that chance and see what he brings.

Reactions: harv33173

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I think Q would be silly to give Judge the vast majority of the starts.
Having two hot goalies in the playoff is invaluable.

Putting all your eggs in the basket for the former ECHL goalie that is played all of 20 games for the Florida Panthers is kind of silly. Especially when you have a 2-time Vezina winning goalie with over 500 career NHL games on the bench.

The Panthers have played excellent this season and have a big cushion in the top four. They have a very long leash to figure their goaltending situation out.

Reactions: harv33173 and Pigge

radkison

May 14, 2011
Mississippi
Welcome to hell. You'll never leave.
giphy.gif

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Both goalies are going to get playing time just based on the schedule like others have said.

But I think Driedger right now has proven he deserves the majority of the 60/40 split. Also, IF Driedger continues to play at a similar level, than in the expansion draft this team should 1000% protect Driedger and simply hope Seattle thinks Bob is a big enough name to bring star power to a new franchise. Unlikely at this point unless he really turns it around.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Both goalies are going to get playing time just based on the schedule like others have said.

But I think Driedger right now has proven he deserves the majority of the 60/40 split. Also, IF Driedger continues to play at a similar level, than in the expansion draft this team should 1000% protect Driedger and simply hope Seattle thinks Bob is a big enough name to bring star power to a new franchise. Unlikely at this point unless he really turns it around.

Bob has this NMC-thing.

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019

No way that contract gets picked up...without a boat load of top assists going along as “incentive”and even then...

Thanks Dale...

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Oh damn it I completely forgot.

Well maybe he waves it to go to a new team that actually wants him?

I don't see neither him waiving or Seattle picking him up.

This team is married to Bob. Thus, it's like arguing that the sun is too bright or gravity pull is too strong and somebody has to do something about it... there's nothing that can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->