Post-Game Talk: Panthers 1 @ Red Wings 2 - 20/2 * 5pm EST - v3.2.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The big difference in let-ups is that when you let up against Detroit you lose 2-1, but when you let up against Tampa you lose 6-1.

Yes, it feels worse against Detroit, because on paper we should beat them 10 times out of 10, but the game is played on ice and it’s weird how teams sometimes let up. I think fundamentally we all want an easy time, only the mentally really tough people rarely let up.

I’m not gonna cry over this one. I’ll see how they respond.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I just find your stance weird. How it counts for one player, but not the other.

Also, I didn't blame this loss on Bob either.
I said it to other people, you see what you want to see. I make my case positive for Bob, because I'm one of the only ones here that does. Many other posters post hatred for Bob, almost like they want him to fail. It's sad really.
How many times is Bob record from the last year is pointed out, that he makes 10 sheets, Etc.

I'm not saying that Bob was perfect tonight, that's obvious. The two goals allowed were pretty weak. The one was off Faceoff that was clearly won by Detroit. This team and face off bewilders me. :pullhair: I don't think he played that bad overall. The team in front of them was flat as hell. But I knew before I got on here that there would just be endless hate for Bobby.
I am a die-hard fan of this team, have been for a long time. They're playing so good right now. I want to see two goalies rolling bad. I don't understand how people just want to put all their eggs in Judges basket.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The big difference in let-ups is that when you let up against Detroit you lose 2-1, but when you let up against Tampa you lose 6-1.

Yes, it feels worse against Detroit, because on paper we should beat them 10 times out of 10, but the game is played on ice and it’s weird how teams sometimes let up. I think fundamentally we all want an easy time, only the mentally really tough people rarely let up.

I’m not gonna cry over this one. I’ll see how they respond.

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Its hard to get up for the Wings again in less than 24 hours after you just dominated them. I was hoping we would just get a point. If it was me, I'd be playing my guts out vs Detroit everytime. If you do, it's 2 points in the bank. Vs almost the rest of the league, it's more of a toss up.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
This is exactly what I was afraid of. Its hard to get up for the Wings again in less than 24 hours after you just dominated them. I was hoping we would just get a point. If it was me, I'd be playing my guts out vs Detroit everytime. If you do, it's 2 points in the bank. Vs almost the rest of the league, it's more of a toss up.
For sure - that’s when brain and reason wins. When emotion wins, players take the night off. Tonight’s loss wasn’t like the loss at BB&T, Detroit played like crap but still won.

Oh and sometimes shit just happens - Matheson with his first of the year.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Please don't put words in my mouth.

Seriously, like 95% of games, you have to score more than one goal in order to win. I don't know if people can get that through their heads. That's hockey 101.
You lose 95% of the games you let in two bad goals. I don't know if people can get that through their heads. That's hockey 101.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
For some reason it’s like hockey law that after a blowout the next game that team can’t score. I feel like that’s always the case

Reactions: westonfla

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
On the second goal, does anybody find a replay from the opposite side's view?

Larkin did not shoot it hard intentionally, he was going for the deflection. It looks like Brome actually got a piece of it or at least had the perfect stick position for it to irritate Bob. Tough save to make, not as easy as some make it sound.

Those goals were not that bad. Bob was definitely not the reason we lost. Team was tired and could not execute as usual, especially on the D side.

I don't know who wrote it but I like the idea of CD always playing the second game of back-to-backs. In case we are tired we can plant this huge goalie in the net, especially if it is true that they play better defensively with him in net.

Btw Bob was over .900 this game, he gave as enough for a chance to win

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I'm not really concerned anymore with Judge's stats from mid-January. It's February 20th in a compressed season, what have you done for me lately?

32021-01-31326-258FLA@DETWW23432.9410059:29
42021-02-05426-263FLANSHWW12524.9600060:00
52021-02-07526-265FLADETLL33835.9210059:28
62021-02-15626-273FLA@TBLWW43127.8710059:43
72021-02-17726-275FLA@CARWW33532.9140062:29
82021-02-19826-277FLA@DETWW23230.9380060:0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Take 5 or 6 Games no matter what you take, its mid Februar and his stats over the or did you like that more?

32021-01-30332-132FLA@DETWW22725.9260062:40
42021-02-04432-137FLA NSHL-OTO64135.8540064:00
52021-02-09532-142FLA DETWW13231.9690060:00
62021-02-11632-144FLA TBLWW22119.9050060:00
72021-02-13732-146FLA TBLLL62822.7860060:00
82021-02-20832-153FLA@DETLL22725.9260058:00
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

1Chris Driedger268861119256237.9262.3404867.8750804.92.592.1
2Sergei Bobrovsky328852126234208.8893.1804903.3751119-4.23.430
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Reactions: Panthers Propaganda

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Bob is just always a scapegoat regardless of how he played. I do understand the reasoning behind it though. His contract brings certain expectations

Bob isn't blamed because of one game, his save% in 60 games with the Panthers is sub .900. Which statistically makes him a bottom five goaltender in the league. Every game is an overreaction with him because every game he continues to play like a league minimum backup goalie and the reality with his contract becomes more unbearable. Combine it with Driedger posting incredible numbers while playing behind the same defense and it's a shitshow.

Couple polarizing stats:

1. Driedger has the best save% in the league for goalies that have played over 20 games within a year and it's not even close. No other goalie is over .930 SV%.

2. Driedger would have to play all of the remaining 40 games this year and have the worst save% in the entire league (J. Howard .882 SV%) during that period to reach Bob's numbers.

Judge would literally have to go from the best to the worst statistically. I can't remember the last time two goalies on the same team were so polar opposites.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Bob isn't blamed because of one game, his save% in 60 games with the Panthers is sub .900. Which statistically makes him a bottom five goaltender in the league. Every game is an overreaction with him because every game he continues to play like a league minimum backup goalie and the reality with his contract becomes more unbearable. Combine it with Driedger posting incredible numbers while playing behind the same defense and it's a shitshow.

You didnt see it, i hope you will do is it interisting that Driedger faced more shots and still get a better save% only from February.
Also when Bobs stats was good and still lost, he had to face under 30 Shots on Goal. Under 30 in a Game that get more and more into the aggresive Part. That tells me, that the Player infront of him do what they can do. On the other Side Driedger faced 5-6 shots more on near every Game, what means if it doesnt look a like, the Players would play bad infront when Driedger is in Net.

Its always belongs on hoe you see the thing, Goalie is the last man standing and i was going along the way and agree with Batting.
When you win more with Driedger and the stats tell me they Player infront trust more into Driedger, then what you will do. Go with a Goalie that why no one understand doesnt get it together.
What brings me 5 fashion or highlight saves if he doesnt do the basics.

Sure player will see that different from a Fan or outside view. but that is my opinion, so you has yours. and thats is no bashing opinion on basic fact.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
This is why I like using the #1 goalie (Driegs) in the 2nd game of a back-to-back. The offense/defense looked dead tired after the 1st period compared to last night and Driegs might have been able to ALWGAP this one, while Bob would have had a fresher team in front of him for goal/defense support in the 1st game.

I know what you mean but just feels so bad we need to shelter our 10M goalie like a rookie

Penn4Panthers

Feb 21, 2021
Hello from a forum newbie. I've loved the Panthers from the beginning, with having had season tickets. It seems that I am now just starting to understand the strategy of the game. So, please forgive me in my lack of knowledge amongst the hockey experts.

With that said, it is very frustrating to see Yandle give up so many turnovers in our end. I do not trust Sergei as a goalie. When you have the 2nd highest paid goalie in the NHL, you should feel confident with him...not "gee, I hope he does okay". Yep...I agree that he makes some great saves, at times. But for what we pay him, he is totally not consistent.

I never gave up on them, and I never will. I think we will do okay this season.

I pray that everyone stays healthy and safe....

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Hello from a forum newbie. I've loved the Panthers from the beginning, with having had season tickets. It seems that I am now just starting to understand the strategy of the game. So, please forgive me in my lack of knowledge amongst the hockey experts.

With that said, it is very frustrating to see Yandle give up so many turnovers in our end. I do not trust Sergei as a goalie. When you have the 2nd highest paid goalie in the NHL, you should feel confident with him...not "gee, I hope he does okay". Yep...I agree that he makes some great saves, at times. But for what we pay him, he is totally not consistent.

Welcome to the boards!

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

Welcome to the boards. You’re going to fit right in lol.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

Welcome to hell. You'll never leave.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Panthers are third place overall in the NHL.

Just Breath. Woosah
And the typical panther fan says: “yea it’s third now, it was first, soon it’ll be sixth, then twelfth, then out of playoffs, and we’ll settle such that we get a draft pick number 12. That’s the Panthers we know.”

And only then will everything be all right again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad