Line Combos: Panic Thread. Projected Line up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He probably was our best forward last night and did a great job screening the goalie on the tying goal.

Doesn't get a point but was instrumental in the win.

You don't know anything about this game.

yup, a 7.5 million dollar screen it was. guy is an elite 12 goal scorer (only one goal away from brassgod now!).

:sarcasm: :dunno:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
yup, a 7.5 million dollar screen it was. guy is an elite 12 goal scorer (only one goal away from brassgod now!).

:sarcasm: :dunno:

It's interesting how people of your ilk can never criticize the guy without bringing up his salary as a way to shame him.

He is underperforming yes, we are all well aware of this fact. Repeatedly crying about it won't so anything. Taking solace in that he is playing well and just played a big role in a very big win does matter.

A lot.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
What if we played forwards on the line of their "current" ability?

1st liners : Hoffman-Turris-Stone
2nd liners : Smith-Brassard-Ryan
3rd liners : Dzingel-Pageau-Burrows
4th liners : Stalberg-Wingels-Pyatt

He probably was our best forward last night and did a great job screening the goalie on the tying goal.

Doesn't get a point but was instrumental in the win.

You don't know anything about this game.

Not targeting the post you quoted, but reading this board on a regular basis, it becomes clear who has played and who hasn't, who has an idea of what is going on, and who hasn't.

At this point, I try to ignore some comments as much as possible. Let the kids talk out of thin air and say n'importe quoi is the only option I guess.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ryan's SO goal gave us a crucial point.

Not to mention screening Turris' goal.

Some people would rather see the team lose than Ryan succeed.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ryan's SO goal gave us a crucial point.

Not to mention screening Turris' goal.

Some people would rather see the team lose than Ryan succeed.
People tend to forget he is a good player ,that has had a very bad year .But yet we were willing to offer up the moon for a player like Duchene who has been far worse this season :nod:

SensEnforcer

Nov 23, 2008
Melbourne
What if we played forwards on the line of their "current" ability?

1st liners : Hoffman-Turris-Stone
2nd liners : Smith-Brassard-Ryan
3rd liners : Dzingel-Pageau-Burrows
4th liners : Stalberg-Wingels-Pyatt

Really like this lineup and agree with it!
The only thing that could be changed is dzingel and smith if you want that shut down line to be more effective with a higher scoring chance

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
It's interesting how people of your ilk can never criticize the guy without bringing up his salary as a way to shame him.

He is underperforming yes, we are all well aware of this fact. Repeatedly crying about it won't so anything. Taking solace in that he is playing well and just played a big role in a very big win does matter.

A lot.

Vegas picking Ryan would be one of the greatest blessings for this franchise.

Salary aside, he's just not good enough. He's slow and sluggish. Seems to be problem for his linemates as he just cannot get any chemistry going. He was touted for his scoring, but has yet to break 25 goals. The only thing he does well were pointed out (screens the goalie, and shootouts). Money well spent.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Vegas picking Ryan would be one of the greatest blessings for this franchise.

Salary aside, he's just not good enough. He's slow and sluggish. Seems to be problem for his linemates as he just cannot get any chemistry going. He was touted for his scoring, but has yet to break 25 goals. The only thing he does well were pointed out (screens the goalie, and shootouts). Money well spent.

Ryan and Silverberg on the same line would be good for Vegas.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If we follow what GB has been doing with lines all yr & which ones he seems to go with most often I would think these will likely be the lineup when or if everyone is healthy.

Burrows - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Brassard - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Pyatt
Stalberg - Kelly - Wingels

DiDomenico - Dzingel - Neil

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
If we follow what GB has been doing with lines all yr & which ones he seems to go with most often I would think these will likely be the lineup when or if everyone is healthy.

Burrows - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Brassard - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Pyatt
Stalberg - Kelly - Wingels

DiDomenico - Dzingel - Neil

If Dzingel came out over Kelly (With Wingles playing C) I'd be pretty upset. I get that Kelly is useful on the PK, but we jut don't have enough offense to scratch a guy like Dzingel who at least can get to the net with the puck.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I didn't mind Dzingel in the top 6. I know he doesn't finish his chances enough but his speed created space , and chances for his line. I'd move Burrows down a line or two and I would play decide between Kelly/Wingels on a game by game.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We need to upgrade our top 6. Dzingel shouldn't be in the top six being that he can't finish any of the chances he is given.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I'd like a 3rd line of Dzingel-Pageau-Pyatt

The speed would be great and so would the possession time.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If Dzingel came out over Kelly (With Wingles playing C) I'd be pretty upset. I get that Kelly is useful on the PK, but we jut don't have enough offense to scratch a guy like Dzingel who at least can get to the net with the puck.

This is what I having been hearing & reading that it would be Dzingel who comes out since he has stopped producing lately & he's basically a rookie this yr.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We need to upgrade our top 6. Dzingel shouldn't be in the top six being that he can't finish any of the chances he is given.

Atleast he gets chances. Atleast you notice his speed in a game. Havent been able to say that about any forwards lately outside of hoff turris and sometimes pageau. Burrows needs to get moved down in the lineup he's been invisble.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If I had to create my own lines with this roster I would go with these two lineups:

Smith - Pageau - Stone
Hoffman - Turris - Burrows
Dzingel - Brassard - Ryan
Stalberg - Wingels - Pyatt

Kelly/Neil - two oldest players

OR second ...

Smith - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Burrows
Stalberg - Wingels - Neil

Pyatt/Kelly - two soft players

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
If I had to create my own lines with this roster I would go with these two lineups:

Smith - Pageau - Stone
Hoffman - Turris - Burrows
Stalberg - Wingels - Pyatt

Kelly/Neil - two oldest players

OR second ...

Smith - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Burrows
Stalberg - Wingels - Neil

Pyatt/Kelly - two soft players

I don't think Pyatt would ever sit and I don't think we'll see Neil play another game this season.

I think we'll see your first lineup more often than not, but it seems like Boucher really likes Kelly so one of Stalberg or Wingels will be the odd man out.

I'd prefer that Kelly sit because he's just so damn slow. you can tell his mind knows where to be but his feet can't get him there in time.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Boy I sure am glad we got those two top 6 forwards in Burrows and Stalberg to address our glaring weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad