Line Combos: Panic Thread. Projected Line up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Based on what??

Harpur is a much better D than Boro who Boucher and company thought should play 19 minutes vs the Jets!!!!

Boro was great against the Jets he broke up numerous rushes, it was Claesson & Wideman that got outmuscled & pushed around by a much bigger Jets team. I like Harpur though & think he will be fine if they call him up in a minor role.

**** Pierre Dorion. Every single person on this forum could see the Sens needed a dman. The entire season I wanted Dorion to add a dman. At the trade deadline, I wanted the Sens to add a dman. Dorion decides to just role with what he's got. Everyone could tell that the Sens were an injury away from having bad defense, except Pierre Dorion. What a moron.

He did get a D-man, he traded Lazar & returned Jokipakka, maybe not exactly the D-man you had in mind though huh? :laugh:

Doesn't even have to be a proper top 4 dman. Michael Stone was available, and for cheap, they should've got him. If a proper top 4 dman isn't added this offseason, then Dorion will be without a doubt, the worst GM in the league.

Wow, when he traded for Condon people were praising him, then he traded Dahlen & people hated him & then the team was doing well, second in the division & they liked him again & now the team has been losing & he is hated again. Tough life being a GM.

The Leafs are still a long ways away from being a serious contender as for Lou I think he will be fired this summer and maybe even Shannahan.

This must be a joke? The Leafs are in a position to make the playoffs when nobody expected them to this yr, why would they fire two of the architects of this team? If anything it's possible that Lou could step down because of age but he still looks very healthy for his age & Shannahan will be there for a few yrs yet IMO.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Definitely agree that the PP being this bad could be the deciding factor if we miss the playoffs.

Crappy spot to be in considering how good Boucher has been.

Not convinced Boucher has been that good, if you use Cameron as a baseline his team put up 85 points and he got fired.

Now Boucher's team has 91, just a 6 point gain with 5 games remaining and the team fading fast.

Considering he has had more experienced players with adds like Wingels, Stalberg, Burrows, Kelly and Condon, not so sure how good he has been?

I do give him credit for the improved defensive play, reducing the goals against by 44, but the downside is his focus on D has cost the team 37 goals for.

So I grant he has made some gains, but not nearly as big as what many think.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
These lines spread out the scoring, good defenisvely & the sandpaper.

Stalberg - Turris - Stone - maybe Stone does for Stalberg what he did for Smith
Hoffman - Brassard - Burrows - Hoffman has set up two of Burrow's goals
Dzingel - White - Ryan - maybe White gives these two slumping forwards a boost
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt - all three play well defensively together & are a shutdown line

- Wingels - Kelly - Neil

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
These lines spread out the scoring, good defenisvely & the sandpaper.

Stalberg - Turris - Stone - maybe Stone does for Stalberg what he did for Smith
Hoffman - Brassard - Burrows - Hoffman has set up two of Burrow's goals
Dzingel - White - Ryan - maybe White gives these two slumping forwards a boost
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt - all three play well defensively together & are a shutdown line

- Wingels - Kelly - Neil

unless i missed something smith is out next game

i would mix it up though, since white has the offensive instincts and he needs to be in a position to succeed

white-turris-stone:stone should make life easier for white and our #1 C
hoffman-brassard-ryan:hoffman gives this second line a chance
burrows-pageau-pyatt:hopefully becomes our in your face annoying line
dzingel-wingels-stalberg:speed and a stupid amount of letters

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
unless i missed something smith is out next game

i would mix it up though, since white has the offensive instincts and he needs to be in a position to succeed

white-turris-stone:stone should make life easier for white and our #1 C
hoffman-brassard-ryan:hoffman gives this second line a chance
burrows-pageau-pyatt:hopefully becomes our in your face annoying line
dzingel-wingels-stalberg:speed and a stupid amount of letters

Pageau should be the 2C. With Smith back each line has toughness and skill

Hoffman - Turris - Stalberg
Smith - Pageau - Stone
Burrows - Brassard - Ryan
Dzingel - White - Pyatt
Wingels

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Pageau should be the 2C. With Smith back each line has toughness and skill

Hoffman - Turris - Stalberg
Smith - Pageau - Stone
Dzingel - White - Pyatt
Wingels

have to give white a chance to succeed, especially since none of our forwards are really putting up consistent production. I dont consider him a savior now or in the future but for a team that is having trouble scoring, we should give the new guy a real shot to see if he can help in that department instead of putting him with two guys who cant finish

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I hate cheering for a team whose managment is stupid.

I'd literally trust some posters on HF more than Murray/Dorion to build a competitive team.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Reunite HST and try to get those guys going

Hoffman Turris Stone
Dzingel Brassard Ryan
Pyatt Pageau White
Burrows Wingels Stalberg

Smith is likely to miss a few more

Boucher will likely limit White's icetime no matter where he slided in.

He could C or play the 4th line and move Stalberg/Burrows or Wingels up.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
have to give white a chance to succeed, especially since none of our forwards are really putting up consistent production. I dont consider him a savior now or in the future but for a team that is having trouble scoring, we should give the new guy a real shot to see if he can help in that department instead of putting him with two guys who cant finish

I actually agree but we traded for some veteran leadership that is not producing on the ice. I do like Stalberg, but the Burrows trade is a disaster. Dahlen is a scorer we have needed for years. Look at his record since the trade. Anyway, too late now.

Would you put White as the 2C and drop Pageau to 3C and Brassard to 4C. Brass has earned 4C of late. White with Smith and Stone gives him a chance maybe? Bottom 6 would then be, for me
Dzingel - Pageau - Pyatt

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I actually agree but we traded for some veteran leadership that is not producing on the ice. I do like Stalberg, but the Burrows trade is a disaster. Dahlen is a scorer we have needed for years. Look at his record since the trade. Anyway, too late now.

Would you put White as the 2C and drop Pageau to 3C and Brassard to 4C. Brass has earned 4C of late. White with Smith and Stone gives him a chance maybe? Bottom 6 would then be, for me
Dzingel - Pageau - Pyatt

white as a c isnt a bad idea but i think we give him that winger treatment like how most centers get to start in the league

white-turris-stone
hoffman-brassard-ryan
burrows-pageau-pyatt
dzingel-wingels-stalberg

or

Ryan-Turris-Stone
Hoff-Brass-White
Dzingel-Pageau-Burrows
Stalberg-Wingels-Pyatt

playing around with the lines those were two combos that i liked, although second one maybe a tad unrealistic since we are never separating pageau and pyatt

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Where ever he plays I expect no less than 4 goals in his first game, equaling Mathews debut and setting of a firestorm that will rage across the Internet - would White have won Rookie of the Year had he played a full season? Also, a group of Sens fans will call for the immediate dismissal of Dorion for not convincing the kid to forgo his last year at BC and join the Sens.

Or...he'll play about 4:38 over 9 shifts, none of them in the 3rd period with the team down a goal and Boucher electing to double shift Burrows on account of intangibles.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016

Line combos this morning

Not sure how I feel about Dzingel scratched while Wingels and Kelly are still in the lineup...

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I was hoping we'd play White with Turris and Stone.

Me too. But i don't mind him playing the first game there. He could move up any time in the match.

I really think White should be place in an offensive role. Then add the defensive responsability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad