Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I believe what Zhamnov says. He's a good guy with no reason to tell false stories.

Actually, he has every reason to keep Panarin happy for the National Team.
Here I am not questioning anybody. I am not saying who is right and who is wrong in this case. All I am saying is this - Kalnins is not a credible person. Especially if you do not speak Russian to check the facts in the Russian press. And I am sure that a lot of his followers do not speak Russian. He is misinterpreting the facts/stories for whatever reason.

But yeah, I consider Zhamnov as one of the most serious/trustworthy hockey people in Russia.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Here I am not questioning anybody. I am not saying who is right and who is wrong in this case. All I am saying is this - Kalnins is not a credible person. Especially if you do not speak Russian to check the facts in the Russian press. And I am sure that a lot of his followers do not speak Russian. He is misinterpreting the facts/stories for whatever reason.

But yeah, I consider Zhamnov as one of the most serious/trustworthy hockey people in Russia.
Instead of you talking BS about reporters who are doing their work, how about you come up with reporters who can confirm Nazarovs BS story?

I bet it's going to be a quiet day. I do follow some KHL reporters and such, all of them have told Nazarov is talking out of his ass.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Kalnins is a joke. That said, I doubt there's a record of the police for such a supposed minor incident. Some obnoxious drunk girl calls the police and, yea whatever.

There's a lot of bullcrap coming from everywhere in Russia and North America. But any educated person can probably disseminate the bullcrap from what's reliable, even if it comes from an untrustworthy source. It isn't difficult if you're a worldly enough person.
Panarin probably got himself into a little bit of a mess, but ultimately it was small and forgettable. Certainly not to the level of Nazarov's claims. That's the most rational explanation here.
Basically, what Zhamnov said.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Instead of you talking BS about reporters who are doing their work, how about you come up with reporters who can confirm Nazarovs BS story?

I bet it's going to be a quiet day. I do follow some KHL reporters and such, all of them have told Nazarov is talking out of his ass.
I am informing people to be careful with believing some kind of so-called reporters. Or do you want me to be silent if some reporters are releasing statements/posts/tweets with false facts? If you are a reporter or journalist, your first duty is to check all facts & all details & background. That is all I want a reporter/journalist to do.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I am informing people to be careful with believing some kind of so-called reporters. Or do you want me to be silent if some reporters are releasing statements/posts/tweets with false facts? If you are a reporter or journalist, your first duty is to check all facts & all details & background. That is all I want a reporter/journalist to do.
Do you think those that published the claims made by Nazarov and those who interviewed him did their homework in checking all the facts, all the details, all the background?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
We have a lot of people who still ardently defend Trump in America and think he's not a clown so I can't really say much denigrating the pro russian posters who are blind to the faults of their leader/govt. What can you do but give your head a shake?

I think George Carlin said it, "Think about how dumb the average person is. Half the people are dumber than that"

Yes, but you are so much better than this dumb people! You also listen to George Carlin, a great hero, he told us that parents are full of it! So smart and brave! LMAO))

PS I thought american politics are off limits here, no? Or smart people, who like Giorgio Carlin take a pass?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I am informing people to be careful with believing some kind of so-called reporters.
If you are talking about guys like Slava Malamud, I agree. Some of the stuff he writes about Russia is cringe worthy, and I say this as a guy who despises Russian government and their state. But when multiple KHL reporters and officials are calling BS about this story, that's differenet. Like I said, it's not like Nazarovs story has been confirmed by Panarins fellow players etc. As much as you might hate certain reporters, trying to call their stories BS just because they don't fit your narrative is not cool.

I've talked to my Russian firends. Panarin is very well liked as a person, although not everyone agrees with his political views. I agree with the Russian posters here, that claiming this is some type of job by Putin himself is BS. But there are certainly people (Nazarov as a prime example), who are willing to fight for him.

This thread needs to be locked and burned to thre ground already.
Probably should. I admit taking part of this, but not like Russian politics should be allowed any more than US stuff.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Kalnins is a joke. That said, I doubt there's a record of the police for such a supposed minor incident. Some obnoxious drunk girl calls the police and, yea whatever.

There's a lot of bullcrap coming from everywhere in Russia and North America. But any educated person can probably disseminate the bullcrap from what's reliable, even if it comes from an untrustworthy source. It isn't difficult if you're a worldly enough person.
Panarin probably got himself into a little bit of a mess, but ultimately it was small and forgettable. Certainly not to the level of Nazarov's claims. That's the most rational explanation here.
Yeah. I understand you and agree with the background of the Panarin story. But my standards for journalists are very high. If a journalist/reporter is not able to check all the facts, I can not believe him/her in any single word. Moreover, it is not the first time when Kalnins published misinterpretations of stories from the KHL or Russian hockey in general. I have no explanation of why he is doing it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Regarding police reports: As far as I know you cannot just request confidential information like that without a court order. It's all protected by EU law. The only people who can request a copy of a police report are the parties involved.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
So, as everyone knows probably, they managed to reach Anisin, who said that the story was a nothingburger. Allegedely there were 4 people, Anisin, Danny Markov, Troschinsky and Panarin, Panarin wanted to dance with some girls, they accrd to Anisin told him to f off, and then he pushed on of them during the verbal argument.
We will see the development of the story, but so far, Nazarovs interpretation seems to be way overblown and he was obviously motivated by either his political views or by some interest party.

As I have said, there is a suspicious activity of trolls on russian forums. Considering the fact that sports.ru for example already had some bot attacks before and suspicious interest from RT it kinda looks like a provocation from tabloid "patriotic journalists", but maybe I am just paranoic. The whole situation stinks, I am not sure, how Nazarov will work with anyone again, who can trust such a rat?

Reactions: Zzzzz and LOFIN

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Yeah. I understand you and agree with the background of the Panarin story. But my standards for journalists are very high. If a journalist/reporter is not able to check all the facts, I can not believe him/her in any single word. Moreover, it is not the first time when Kalnins published misinterpretations of stories from the KHL or Russian hockey in general. I have no explanation of why he is doing it.
Maybe there are some "independent" journalists, but it is much easier and better to live life thinking that there are no such people.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

For the same reason Malamud does it. He's playing to a North American audience. He provides them what they want to hear. Anything negative about 'the Evil Empire' generates interest and sells like hotcakes in the US.

Doesn't mean everything they write should be dismissed though; only that their reporting should be highly investigated and scrutinized before taking their word.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Do you think those that published the claims made by Nazarov and those who interviewed him did their homework in checking all the facts, all the details, all the background?
I believe you understand the difference between quoting Nazarov (or whoever) and misinterpretation of his words, in this case for the American audience. But I admit that this misinterpretation can be a result of unprofessionalism by a reporter or his/her bad language skills etc. But, all in all, such a reporter is not credible for me. I prefer to check the facts in original sources.

But you to understand, it is not only about that Latvian. It is a general problem, in this case, when American/Canadian/other journalists do not speak Russian, do not understand Russia & its culture, etc.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I am not sure, how Nazarov will work with anyone again, who can trust such a rat?
Not like his record as a coach was great to begin with. I don't know if it was you or some other Russian poster, maybe this was a thing he thought could act as a favor in high places of Russian hocke, which are full of Putins close circle?

Rovad

Aug 27, 2018
So, as everyone knows probably, they managed to reach Anisin, who said that the story was a nothingburger. Allegedely there were 4 people, Anisin, Danny Markov, Troschinsky and Panarin, Panarin wanted to dance with some girls, they accrd to Anisin told him to f off, and then he pushed on of them during the verbal argument.
We will see the development of the story, but so far, Nazarovs interpretation seems to be way overblown and he was obviously motivated by either his political views or by some interest party.

As I have said, there is a suspicious activity of trolls on russian forums. Considering the fact that sports.ru for example already had some bot attacks before and suspicious interest from RT it kinda looks like a provocation from tabloid "patriotic journalists", but maybe I am just paranoic. The whole situation stinks, I am not sure, how Nazarov will work with anyone again, who can trust such a rat?
Danny Markov wasn't there - only Panarin,Anisin and Troschinsky .Troschinsky went off early.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

I don't know if it was a calculated move on his part that went bad, or if he was a useful idiot for Larin or whoever, or he's just stupid, but Nazarov's "I'm a patriot" schtick has run out of gas.

Nazarov tried to crap on Panarin but forgot to take his pants off.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
For the same reason Malamud does it. He's playing to a North American audience. He provides them what they want to hear. Anything negative about 'the Evil Empire' generates interest and sells like hotcakes in the US.

Doesn't mean everything they write should be dismissed though; only that their reporting should be highly investigated and scrutinized before taking their word.
Yeah, this is the feeling about Malamud. And this is coming from a guy who is not a Russian. Some of the stuff he writes is cringe worthy IMO.

Doesn't mean he's lying about this case though.

KotBegemot

Feb 18, 2018
Damn those Russian trollbots. Who do they think they are? Coming to the American boards like it's their own and trolling good American people. I think we should ban them.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Yeah, this is the feeling about Malamud. And this is coming from a guy who is not a Russian. Some of the stuff he writes is cringe worthy IMO.

Doesn't mean he's lying about this case though.

Malamud is a special kind of crazy. He was fired from sportexpress. Then as a freelance journalist had his Capitols press credentials pulled on request of Oveckhin/Semin because they couldn't stand him.

Malamud plays to the NA audience but his writing is also rooted in pure hatred of some things. Quite a vindicate person.

Reactions: LOFIN

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
at the end of the day all of this crap could of been avoided if professional athletes stop commenting on social media about politics.
as a Ranger fan i could not care less about Panarin's political views or Deangelo's or Lebrons...you guys are jock strap athletes playing a game to entertain us and nothing more...just Shut up and play

same with actors and musicians' just shut up and do your job we don't care about your political views and never did... also most of these people lack any intelligence or experience to even comment on politics

Reactions: NoCogs2020

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Panarin takes his time off anywhere from Mexico to Siberia (the Altai) to the Russian north in a friggin hut in the middle of nowhere.
He's hanging out with dudes from a boxing gym in St. Petersburg.
He travels by train across Russia dining on some pot noodles and sausage.
He rides a tractor in the country somwhere near his native town
He's coming from a rough industrial area. A distant suburb of a rough industrial area.
He played for a team in the KHL which basically replicated an old-skool lower league pub brawling bunch (coached by none other than Naz incidentally).
He's used to being far from his family for a loooong time as a young player.
He knows that he's the target and he knows for sure who targets him.
He's married to the daughter of a current KHL head coach who himself is a pretty rough guy with a reputation, had coached the national team and received medals from Putin.
And yet he's so shaken by a crack journo's pitch that he's req'd a LOA.
Yeah, right.

You think Kane had a fun time when -- rightly or unfairly, I don't know -- was accused of a similar thing?

Its not like I am falling of a chair when reading that an accusation like that gets someone rattled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad