Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Bored to death by all the BS, so here's some Mikhail "Misha" Anisin to liven things up.

At the KHL All Star Game 2012, in Riga, Latvia

Location... doesn't matter. just Misha and friends

At a hospital in Ufa, Bashkiria. The same Misha Anisin who according to Naz "drank only juice" that night. Peak Anisin.
31694_original.gif

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
You know, when I posted the full interview with Nazarov the other day, I said I could actually see this being somewhat true, as it all sounded like a plausible scenario involving young athletes and a corrupt police element. At the same time, the way Nazarov and the interviewer were selling it, it sounded so, so much like nothing but a politically-motivated hatchet job. And then to hear Anisin talk about how it was a night at the bar and there were girls with drugs and all that, again some level of truth to the initial accusation seemed possible.

With that said--it's always dangerous, going down that road of, "It seems plausible, so maybe I should believe it!" I remember with the DeAngelo puck-stealing, it was like, sure, that sounds like something that could happen, a joke that got out of hand, maybe it's true! And in my head that's where I was with it, until basically everyone involved shot it down. So, it's a good reminder (not directed at you--just in general) that just because an allegation seems plausible, we shouldn't necessarily give it any weight.

That the situation is somewhat rooted in fact is likely why Panarin took a leave of absence. Although exaggerated beyond belief by Nazarov, you never know what a witness or the Riga police would say if some shady girls or whoever were there. If it was 100% fabrication Panarin would probably let Nazarov be idiot Nazarov and not care.
Me thinks Panarin wanted to be 100% careful to not let this slander spiral out of control.

KotBegemot

Feb 18, 2018
Anisin and Zhamnov have already confirmed, that police was involved, though. Zhamnov says, Panarin did nothing, but the girl called police. Anisin says, police got him, but girls said, he was a wrong person.
Maybe it was fake police. Some thugs working a con with those girls or something like that.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Anisin and Zhamnov have already confirmed, that police was involved, though. Zhamnov says, Panarin did nothing, but the girl called police. Anisin says, police got him, but girls said, he was a wrong person.

Police being involved to investigate is one thing, a report being made up for assault (as was suggested) is a whole different matter.

It's safe to say that there was an altercation between Vityaz players and a group of girls in the hotel bar, but it wasn't bad enough that it led to a charge.

Exaggeration by Nazarov turning something small into something massive. This will blow over in a week or two

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Bored to death by all the BS, so here's some Mikhail "Misha" Anisin to liven things up.

At the KHL All Star Game 2012, in Riga, Latvia

Location... doesn't matter. just Misha and friends

At a hospital in Ufa, Bashkiria. The same Misha Anisin who according to Naz "drank only juice" that night. Peak Anisin.
31694_original.gif

Anisin's father was a great player in the 1970s. Papa must be so proud.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
I agree there was no good way out of it, I disagree Panarin and the Rangers ignoring it would have led to anything other than more efforts to discredit him.
It looked like a political hit job. They couldn't ignore it. There were likely safety concerns. Panarin must have been extremely shaken as well. His reputation was publicly trashed - and he'll never fully get it back. People still call Varlamov a wife-beater, despite him winning a court case against his ex, who was recorded saying she made the whole thing up.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Translation of some pieces by a native Russian speaker:

Q: What happened?
A: Nothing criminal happened at the karaoke, although the story being spread is that he (Panarin) supposedly beat up someone. This did not happen.

Q: But you were having something to do / talking with girls?
A: There was a group of girls. Maybe we were asking them to dance, or maybe one of the said something inappropriate / bad. Punches that were written about - I do not recall. The girls were extremely drunk.

A: Was there a verbal conflict?
Q: They said a few things to us. I think, to me directly. The worst thing that could have happened, Artemiy could have slightly pushed one of the young women out of the way. But that's not even a fact that that happened. But punches, and injured face - that absolutely did not happen. Can you imagine what would happen to someone when you get into such a scandal outside your country (translators note: Russia and Latvia, where the "incident" allegedly happened, were at huge odds at the time).

The article states police was called after they left. He doesn't know why. He knows Zhamnov had a talk with Panarin after wards and said a public person should be always in control, and fined him. He thinks this was likely an attempt at a shakedown of hockey players (money-wise) by a group of women that seemed to be at the player's hotel for a specific purpose. He is surprised that this suddenly came up, as there are countless things like this that happen to hockey players.

Now my take. A group of young players partied at a bar. They were intoxicated got into an altercation with a group of intoxicated young women. No physical altercation took place. Nazarov's motives for bringing this up ten years later are unclear. The fact that the Russian tabloid is backtracking indicates that this was not an organized political campaign, but Nazarov's own idea. I would not be shocked if there was a blackmail attempt connected to this.

This idea of "something happened because the police got called" that we saw from one poster is such garbage. Police could have been called because the players and/or women got loud.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Nah, and it's exactly what I said about the story even before I found out about that interview. Nazarov wasn't 100% true, but he didn't invented it. There was a girl, some kind of a conflict and police.
What part of PUNCHING THE GIRL IN THE FACE did Nazarov not invent?

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
You however don't know sh1t about Russia and what happens here.

Just because you are Russian does not mean you know why Artemi Panarin is sitting out. That is blasphemy, you have just as much knowledge of the situation than the rest of us

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Breaking News: A source close to the matter has told us that Panarin was actually one of the 'girls' that peed on a real estate mogul, in the bed where a past politician stayed. He was in drag. It has been alleged by the anonymous source that he always wanted to be a Rockette, hence the big apple and why he high kicks with those long locks. The girl he assaulted was the other pee'er. Panarins animal insticts took over and he thought she was marking on his territory...

more will come as it develops.

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010

As said earlier, this guy can not be taken seriously. I would recommend him to check the facts because it is not the first time when he misinterpreted the stories/facts. It is just a question if he is doing it on purpose, or he is stupid or simply unprofessional.

If you read original words by Nazarov, you need to know that he did not say these words: "half if not whole hockey nation of Latvia knows about this" in a way they are presented by Kalnins. It takes five seconds for anybody to find out what is wrong with the tweet.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
This Kalnins guy can not be taken seriously. It has been proven multiple times.

I believe what Zhamnov says. He's a good guy with no reason to tell false stories.

Actually, he has every reason to keep Panarin happy for the National Team.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
bc they're edgy and needed time to formulate a response? like it always is in these cases.
If they needed time they wouldn’t have been nearly as confident in saying it didn’t happen. That’s just not what a company this size does in a situation like this

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Breaking News: A source close to the matter has told us that Panarin was actually one of the 'girls' that peed on a real estate mogul, in the bed where a past politician stayed. He was in drag. It has been alleged by the anonymous source that he always wanted to be a Rockette, hence the big apple move while leaving money on the table. It's also why he kicks high and has long locks. The girl he assaulted was the other pee'er. Panarins animal insticts took over and he thought she was marking on his territory...

more will come as it develops.

Lol at pee'er.

But this would have been a redeeming quality for said Pee'ee.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
We have a lot of people who still ardently defend Trump in America and think he's not a clown so I can't really say much denigrating the pro russian posters who are blind to the faults of their leader/govt. What can you do but give your head a shake?

I think George Carlin said it, "Think about how dumb the average person is. Half the people are dumber than that"

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
It looked like a political hit job. They couldn't ignore it. There were likely safety concerns. Panarin must have been extremely shaken as well. His reputation was publicly trashed - and he'll never fully get it back. People still call Varlamov a wife-beater, despite him winning a court case against his ex, who was recorded saying she made the whole thing up.

I am not going to make equivalencies here between this Panarin situation and any others.

I think the major point being, If this is all an exaggerated and/or fabricated story the Rangers should not be blamed for any of this including their response. Panarin, nor the Rangers should be blamed for his leave whether or not the choice was solely of his making.

If it continues to be shown to be exaggerated/fabricated there should be no reason to lend any credence to the source or reasoning behind any of this exaggeration/fabrication in the future.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The fact that the Russian tabloid is backtracking indicates that this was not an organized political campaign, but Nazarov's own idea. I would not be shocked if there was a blackmail attempt connected to this.

I agree with almost everything you've wrote, but this line is still quite unclear since it doesn't make sense for Panarin to seek an LOA if this is just Nazarov being an unhinged lunatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad