Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] F Valtteri Puustinen signs extension with the Penguins (2 years, $775k AAV)

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Excellent. He showed this year that he has the talent and quickness to play almost anywhere in the pecking order. Hopefully this kid keeps developing and doesnt get the usual Sullivan treatment whenever he makes a mistake. I loved his game this year.

Maybe he can form a link with his fellow Finn, and we can start calling them "Pust and Pulj"

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
"At the NHL level" implies this is a two way? I'm surprised his agent couldn't get him a 1 way. Guy is an NHL player. To agree to league min over something like 900K, 950K, you'd think it would be a guaranteed salary.

Great signing in any case. Happy to have him back.

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
Really happy with this, showed he has what it takes to play at the NHL level, and still has room to grow.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
"At the NHL level" implies this is a two way? I'm surprised his agent couldn't get him a 1 way. Guy is an NHL player. To agree to league min over something like 900K, 950K, you'd think it would be a guaranteed salary.

According to CapFriendly it is a one-way deal. Which would make sense, he gets a nice chunk of change but Pens get the 2 years at league minimum.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

It's likely a 1-way deal, but the exact details are not known. I wouldn't put much stock into wording of an NHL.com article. Although not particularly relevant if it's 1 or 2-way tbh, it just effects what he'd make if he cleared waivers and went to the minors.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Excellent. He showed this year that he has the talent and quickness to play almost anywhere in the pecking order. Hopefully this kid keeps developing and doesnt get the usual Sullivan treatment whenever he makes a mistake. I loved his game this year.

Maybe he can form a link with his fellow Finn, and we can start calling them "Pust and Pulj"
Just play him against the Islanders. I like Puustinen more than most pens fans. At least he shoots the puck.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Solid resigning. He needs more confidence and time to mature and adjust to the NHL game. I think the skills are there and the IQ is there. I think it will be a matter of him asserting himself on a shift-by-shift basis every night.

No surprise it's a 2yr league min deal. Honesty, I think he is benefiting a bit from the Penguins weaker prospect pool. I think if you're in Carolina, for example, you're probably an AHL journeyman or you go back to Europe. So while he was a UFA, I think his best chances to play are 100% with the Penguins. Glad to have him back though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad