Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Depends I guess.

If Robert Deniro’s telling people to be nice to other people and recycle I’d prob rather my kids listen to him over someone like Roseanne Barr who said a black person looked like the baby of Muslim brotherhood and planet of the apes and blamed it on drugs.

I think.

But why is Robert Deniro any more of an authority on this than anyone else?

Reactions: pld459666

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
What I'm saying is that Nazarov said there was a 40k bribe right? So if that were true (I don't believe it is) it would explain KHL not hearing anything.

Nazarov's bribe accusation sounds doubtful to me. That's like $500 US. Even if it's true, it's highly unlikely a pro-hockey player would get away with punching some girl in some crowded karaoke bar. That would get out somehow. Anisin also stated he wouldn't have been able to get away with doing that in a foreign country.

Plus I'm sure Zhamnov, (a 14-year NHLer and Vityaz GM at the time) was well aware of everything. He's a stand-up guy who would've reported such an incident if it was serious enough.

EDIT: My mistake. I though Nazarov was talking about rubles. He said $40,000 US dollars was the bribe, which makes even less sense. I really sure Panarin just whipped out $40K from his pocket to bribe police.:sarcasm: So dumb.

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Bored to death by all the BS, so here's some Mikhail "Misha" Anisin to liven things up.

At the KHL All Star Game 2012, in Riga, Latvia

Location... doesn't matter. just Misha and friends

At a hospital in Ufa, Bashkiria. The same Misha Anisin who according to Naz "drank only juice" that night. Peak Anisin.
31694_original.gif

I'd bring him in just since he looks awesome.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Nazarov's bribe accusation sounds doubtful to me. That's like $500 US. Even if it's true, it's highly unlikely a pro-hockey player would get away with punching some girl in some crowded karaoke bar. That would get out somehow. Anisin also stated he wouldn't have been able to get away with doing that in a foreign country.

Plus I'm sure Zhamnov, (a 14-year NHLer and Vityaz GM at the time) was well aware of everything. He's a stand-up guy who would've reported such an incident if it was serious enough.

I think the statements of Zhamnov and the three teammates all basically clear Panarin.

I'm not concerned about that.

What I am concerned about is why he felt the need to take a LOA and unfortunately nothing so far has given any indication as to why that happened.

Reactions: haveandare

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Yes, but you are so much better than this dumb people! You also listen to George Carlin, a great hero, he told us that parents are full of it! So smart and brave! LMAO))

PS I thought american politics are off limits here, no? Or smart people, who like Giorgio Carlin take a pass?
There are some dumb people I'm better than. There are some dumb people who are better than me. Intelligence is one of hundreds, if not thousands of factors that determine a person's worth.

It's very telling that your brain went to a "Who's better" standpoint.

It shouldn't be about who's better. It should be about who's better for everyone else. PS you're about 50-something pages too late to whine about politics. You only did it bc you heard something that disagrees with you and you had no way to actually counter what I said.

Plus, I didn't talk about politics. I mentioned individuals who are political entities. I talked about people blindly defending them. There were some "LOL Russians are blind to their own govt" comments. Me bringing up what I did was a way to point out how this behavior is very much an American one as well.
And it's not just a conservative thing.
But to go any further than this WOULD start turning it political.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Yes, but you are so much better than this dumb people! You also listen to George Carlin, a great hero, he told us that parents are full of it! So smart and brave! LMAO))

PS I thought american politics are off limits here, no? Or smart people, who like Giorgio Carlin take a pass?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Everything is off limits here lol

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Also,I am also very surprised by amount of russians, myself included in this thread. I mean, Artemi Panarin is from Cameroon right? I would understand that there would be lots of cameroonian posters here, don't forget that Panarin is 2nd most popular hockey player from Cameroon after Alex Ovechkin. But russians? Why do they care?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
There are some dumb people I'm better than. There are some dumb people who are better than me. Intelligence is one of hundreds, if not thousands of factors that determine a person's worth.

It's very telling that your brain went to a "Who's better" standpoint.

It shouldn't be about who's better. It should be about who's better for everyone else. PS you're about 50-something pages too late to whine about politics. You only did it bc you heard something that disagrees with you and you had no way to actually counter what I said.

Plus, I didn't talk about politics. I mentioned individuals who are political entities. I talked about people blindly defending them. There were some "LOL Russians are blind to their own govt" comments. Me bringing up what I did was a way to point out how this behavior is very much an American one as well.
And it's not just a conservative thing.
But to go any further than this WOULD start turning it political.

Mentioning Trump in a obviously negative sense is a partisan thing and is definately political. You could have used Bush for example, or Clinton, they at least were rather long time ago.

The "LOL russians blind to Putin" is not 100% untrue, but lacks context, because there are many reasons why people support him, and not all of this people are "dumb". We don't have a stable political system, some people are afraid that 90s might happen all over again for example. In Russia it is a state of mind for a lot of people to equate current government and the country(not even the state, the country itself).

PS Worth is subjective dude)) From an objective point we are all of the same worth and it is either 0 or 100% depending on your worldview)

KotBegemot

Feb 18, 2018
Mentioning Trump in a obviously negative sense is a partisan thing and is definately political. You could have used Bush for example, or Clinton, they at least were rather long time ago.

The "LOL russians blind to Putin" is not 100% untrue, but lacks context, because there are many reasons why people support him, and not all of this people are "dumb". We don't have a stable political system, some people are afraid that 90s might happen all over again for example. In Russia it is a state of mind for a lot of people to equate current government and the country(not even the state, the country itself).

PS Worth is subjective dude)) From an objective point we are all of the same worth and it is either 0 or 100% depending on your worldview)
Dude, stop pretending that you're an actual person and not some Putin's trollbot. Don't try to be subtle here. Everybody knows that all the Russians in American segment of internet are trolls trying to undermine pillars of the US democracy. Just accept it.

Reactions: BroadwayStorm

Rovad

Aug 27, 2018
Also,I am also very surprised by amount of russians, myself included in this thread. I mean, Artemi Panarin is from Cameroon right? I would understand that there would be lots of cameroonian posters here, don't forget that Panarin is 2nd most popular hockey player from Cameroon after Alex Ovechkin. But russians? Why do they care?
What?Panarin definitely not a 2nd most popular russian player...

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I think the statements of Zhamnov and the three teammates all basically clear Panarin.

I'm not concerned about that.

What I am concerned about is why he felt the need to take a LOA and unfortunately nothing so far has given any indication as to why that happened.

Rangers statement said he was shaken up by the accusations. And there were rumors he was concerned about his family's safety. And it's a better look to step aside temporarily to allow the league to clear him. I'm fine that he took a leave...hopefully it's short term.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Blah blah Trump. Blah blah partisanship. Could've mentioned Bush or Clinton instead. At least it's been awhile
First of all if I mentioned Bush the post would be just as "partisan". Same if I mentioned Clinton instead. So that comment is about as poorly thought out or "dumb" as it gets.

I'm a firm believer in the "Both sides of the political aisle are corrupt and destroying the country" stance. You were too busy whining about a non-existent partisan agenda to find out.

Trump is the most recent, he's the most topical and he comes equipped with the literal BEST example of people blindly supporting a politician bc we just saw, for the first time ever, the capitol get stormed. And it was due to people blindly supporting him. Which is why he was relevant to bring up when discussing how Americans can blindly defend politicians so we SHOULDN'T act like that's just a Russian thing

Your complaint was I spoke politics when I didn't. You were wrong. You got your ego bruised over who knows what, started crying about politics in a thread 57 pages deep into way more political discussion than anything I wrote and now you can't even read basic english correctly. IDGAf if it's your 1st, 2nd or 8th language. When you decide to argue with someone, try figuring out wtf they're saying first. Ditto @EdJovanovski who I pray liked your inane post ironically as a goof.

Case in point:

The "LOL russians blind to Putin" is not 100% untrue, but lacks context, because there are many reasons why people support him, and not all of this people are "dumb".
You unironically talk about context while thinking I said, "LOL russians blind to Putin." Go read what I actually wrote in context, slap yourself and then apologize for being HF reader #875,342 who fails at reading bc you're too busy trying to argue a point I didn't make.

I'll help you out: I saw a lot of posts basically saying "LOL russians blind to Putin." I pointed out America has the same problem so we SHOULDN'T talk about Russians as if it's a problem unique to them. I wasn't pointing and going "LOL look at the dumb Russians blindly following Putin!" for defending him a little. Bc as you mentioned there are reasons why a Russian might defend their govt/leader in comparison to how things were in the 90s.

But if you are a Russian, American or a time traveler from the Ottoman Empire and you are blind to the faults of your leader/govt? If you have to jump into discussion with ANY minor critique and ignore valid criticism? Well then, yes, lol at you. Be smart.

Last edited:

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Rangers statement said he was shaken up by the accusations.
Which is extremely doubtable. He's been in different situations in his life and why this would suddenly shake him so much is a bit of a mystery.
And there were rumors he was concerned about his family's safety.
Rumors? Care to post a link? All I've seen is people in teh internets (eg twitter and here) just coming up with this idea, pre-convincing themselves. But that's not even a rumor.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Dude, stop pretending that you're an actual person and not some Putin's trollbot. Don't try to be subtle here. Everybody knows that all the Russians in American segment of internet are trolls trying to undermine pillars of the US democracy. Just accept it.
If you read the actual back and forth he is behaving exactly like a trollbot with all the subtlety of a drunk bull.

Why tf am I saying this to a guy with a few dozen posts and almost all of them are in a thread where he argues with people about Russian politics. Of course you'd support garl and his stupid post.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
@Garl has made very good posts and I fail to see a reason you would call him a Putin troll. Quite the opposite actually.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Which is extremely doubtable. He's been in different situations in his life and why this would suddenly shake him so much is a bit of a mystery.

Rumors? Care to post a link? All I've seen is people in teh internets (eg twitter and here) just coming up with this idea, pre-convincing themselves. But that's not even a rumor.
I love how almost your entire post history is this thread, you've argued incessantly with anyone taking a reasonable stance, provided almost nothing substantially sourced and have the cojones to condescendingly ask him to source a rumor. It's a rumor, not a reported fact. You don't need to source rumors and speculation if you're openly admitting it's just rumor and speculation.

Totally irrelevant to this, I just found out where the "Block user" function is again. I have got to test it out on a few Russian bo- I mean clearly intelligent humans who have critical thought and aren't just here to blindly argue in favor of a corrupt govt like they do everytime a similar story comes out.

Last edited:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
@Garl has made very good posts and I fail to see a reason you would call him a Putin troll. Quite the opposite actually.
I'm sure some of his posts were just the best, the ones I read were agenda driven garbage

Im not here to entertain someone whose comeback is crying about me being too partisan about Trump when all I said is some people still blindly defend him. Whoa. What an awful comment. Clearly not true in anyway. We didnt just watch these people storm the capitol, clearly no one blindly defends him, I just pulled that outta my ass (all this sarcasm directed at him, not you)

Then he looks at me saying we "SHOULDNT mock Russians as just blindly defending Putin" bc we have americans doing the same.

And unironically complains that I've ignored context while telling me about reasons some Russians defend some aspects of Putins regime.

My mistake is I always assume people can fill in 2 + x = 4 on HF.

But if you don't fill in "x" then they go off on a tangent about 1990s Russian politics and how mentioning trump is too partisan... Like cool...the x was '2' so....

Last edited:

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
I love how almost your entire post history is this thread, you've argued incessantly with anyone taking a reasonable stance, provided almost nothing substantially sourced and have the cojones to condescendingly ask him to source a rumor. It's a rumor, not a reported fact. You don't need to source rumors.

Totally irrelevant to this, I just found out where the "Block user" function is again. I have got to test it out on a few Russian bo- I mean clearly intelligent humans who have critical thought and aren't just here to blindly argue in favor of a corrupt govt like they do everytime a similar story comes out.
If you're old enough to access the Internet you should be able to tell a rumor from something that just some people posted *totally unsubstantiated* on a whim. Probably bc they just feel they know that Vlad's killers are at Panarin's door in Russia. I mean, how can anybody be so audacious to think that it's total bullshit?
You do know what unsubstantiated means? A rumor is someone at least making a pretense to know something of the situation. And then there are just some ppl who heard that vlad is evil and decided that "oh Bread must be worried for his family so he took some time off" (probably to smuggle them out in barrels or something). aNd YoU cAn'T TeLl mE oThErWIse!1111

Jeeeeeez and it's *me* who apparently spouts bullshit smh

BTW can I count you as my superfan, cos even I didn't comb thru all my posts here.

PS didn't read what I answered to entirely at first. either the guy is a little liar or he's really... not that smart. I mean how can anyone blame me being a vladbot having read my "entire post history" here? lol some ppl

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

Maybe because if you didn't commit a crime that you were accused of (in this case a violent assault on a woman) perhaps you would be upset about it?

Reactions: Val
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->