Confirmed with Link: Pacioretty Traded to Vegas for Tomas Tatar, Nick Suzuki, 2019 2nd Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
yet you are wrong on every single one of them.

Am I really? Maybe you should take a closer look.

I could have included Toronto in that lot but they did make the playoff twice in the past decade, although they top (6) ~6 times ou of 10 and top (11) 8/10

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Come on Mats, this ain’t a **** roster, it has flaws but it certainly isn’t ****!!

We’re missing Weber, Juulsen, Armia and Byron.

Our LHD needs a serious overhaul and we could maybe use a power winger and 1 more Centre, but overall it’s shaping up nicely.

Pieces are being polished at the lower levels and we have 10 more picks this year.....future is bright my friend and the roster is okay!!

I agree. There were just some really good opportunities this summer that I was hoping we'd take advantage of and now I see them coming back to bite us. I think they could have taken this roster to another tier. So it's frustrating to watch.

Reactions: jaffy27

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We have the roster we have because we’ve been doing good in the past decade. It’s easy to have elite talent when you finish bottom 5 for a decade

I half agree with you. There were a lot of missed opportunities. Choosing Alzner over Markov and Radulov, etc...

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I agree. There were just some really good opportunities this summer that I was hoping we'd take advantage of and now I see them coming back to bight us. I think they could have taken this roster to another tier. So it's frustrating to watch.
I’ll buy that :)

For once, the right steps were taken, let’s see if Bergevin can duplicate last summers magic.

If he can succeed on D the way he succeeded at FWDS last summer, then we could be looking at some playoff hockey as early as the spring of 2020.....damn.....seems so far away lol

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I half agree with you. There were a lot of missed opportunities. Choosing Alzner over Markov and Radulov, etc...
The flip side to that coin is with Radulov and Markov, there’s no Kotka and Pacioretty is signed to a long term deal cause we are all in, consequently, there’s no Suzuki, or Tatar for that matter

We still do t win with the two older Russians cause we just ain’t good enough.

Love both those players, the timing just wasn’t right.

I dunno, you think we win the cup with them two and Pacioretty?

Or do you prefer resetting with Kotka, Suzuki, Domi and Tatar and whoever we possibly draft high this upcoming draft??

Honest question Mats

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The flip side to that coin is with Radulov and Markov, there’s no Kotka and Pacioretty is signed to a long term deal cause we are all in, consequently, there’s no Suzuki, or Tatar for that matter

Or do you prefer resetting with Kotka, Suzuki, Domi and Tatar and whoever we possibly draft high this upcoming draft??

Honest question Mats

I don't get hating Habs players. It's not as tough any of them are criminals.

If a player is playing out of his depth, hate the coach and the GM, not the player.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Cap money had to be moved though, that’s the reality.....plus I really like Tatar, hard working skilled players are a treat to watch.
Not so much about if we like the player, it's more about what's better for our team moving forward. I would have preferred a top pick, especially if we would have grabbed this year's.
Now, if Bergevin is smart, he will move Tatar. If he can fetch something similar to what Vegas paid for him last year, then the Patches trade will become highway robbery.

Reactions: cphabs and jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I don't get hating Habs players. It's not as tough any of them are criminals.

If a player is playing out of his depth, hate the coach and the GM, not the player.
Hating is strong, one I hate is Sean Avery, the guy is a scum**g.....the rest I just dislike.

Radulov was a very good player and seemed like a fun guy to be around. I just don’t like the way it ended, but I do cheer for him in Dallas, except when he plays against us of course.

Markov has my full respect!!

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Not so much about if we like the player, it's more about what's better for our team moving forward. I would have preferred a top pick, especially if we would have grabbed this year's.
Now, if Bergevin is smart, he will move Tatar. If he can fetch something similar to what Vegas paid for him last year, then the Patches trade will become highway robbery.
If he can get a 1st/2nd/3rd, it’s an automatic but I doubt that goes down.

Any ideas where you think he can end up and who’d be willing to pay that price or something similar??

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Honest question Mats

That's your assumption. Pretty much everyone here thought the same when we traded Subban for an older Weber. We had to go all in now because it made no sense at all to trade for the older vet and then wait a few years to contend.
Don't expect logic out of this management. They've proven that many times before.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
That's your assumption. Pretty much everyone here thought the same when we traded Subban for an older Weber. We had to go all in now because it made no sense at all to trade for the older vet and then wait a few years to contend.
Don't expect logic out of this management. They've proven that many times before.
This entire board is an assumption unless of course you’re quoting something.

Yes, my guess is if we are signing a 29yr old Pacioretty long term probably means we’re going for it.

Management did well on this one, traded him for a cap dump that’s producing, an OHL superstar and a 2nd round pick......A+,A+ and A+

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Yes, my guess is if we are signing a 29yr old Pacioretty long term probably means we’re going for it.

Management did well on this one, traded him for a cap dump that’s producing, an OHL superstar and a 2nd round pick......A+,A+ and A+
It's called Bergervanism..........where even a broken clock is right...twice a day!!

No one, I mean no one, saw that trade being as good as it has been for us...no one, not even the great hockey minds on AC... lol

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I think this management wanted to move away from Max for a bit. I don't think they were going to sign him either way. I think if Drouin was grabbed, Radu re-signed, Markov extender, Patches/Galches would have been dangled, just as they have. Maybe that leads to a better spot in the standings, maybe we don't grab Kotka but that might not necessarily be a bad thing.
Point is, impossible to know.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I think this management wanted to move away from Max for a bit. I don't think they were going to sign him either way. I think if Drouin was grabbed, Radu re-signed, Markov extender, Patches/Galches would have been dangled, just as they have. Maybe that leads to a better spot in the standings, maybe we don't grab Kotka but that might not necessarily be a bad thing.
Point is, impossible to know.
Who can argue with that!!....well said!....but Kotka will always be a good thing

Last edited:

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia

Honest question Mats

Yeah this is the way I view it as well. We stepped back so that we could take two steps forward . Would have been the opposite with signing rads and markov

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It's called Bergervanism..........where even a broken clock is right...twice a day!!

No one, I mean no one, saw that trade being as good as it has been for us...no one, not even the great hockey minds on AC... lol
I honestly expected a 20-25 goal season from Tatar...maybe 45pts....but man o man it’s trending towards eclipsing these totals....that’s the surprise.

Also didn’t think Pacioretty would be doing so poorly mind you he’s woken up of late.

Suzuki I expected exactly what I’m witnessing.

The 2nd rounder I’m expecting big things considering the depth of the draft.

Reactions: Pomee

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Honest question Mats

Didnt Jimmy Stewart do a Christmas movie with a similar theme ?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yeah this is the way I view it as well. We stepped back so that we could take two steps forward . Would have been the opposite with signing rads and markov

You’re giving credit for something they didn’t do on purpose? Do you think they give Price $10.5 million for 8 years or Alzner a ridiculous contract if they were looking to take “a few steps back?” They could’ve moved 10 steps forward if they actually had a plan. All they managed to do was fail, and any team that fails will look like it was taking a step back. We missed out on a huge return on Price and Subban when it comes to the future.

Reactions: the

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

Honest question Mats

You can't be serious...

Next thing you know, the Gomez trade was good because with McDonagh, there's no Galchenyuk, and without Galchenyuk, there's no Domi!

It all makes sense now!

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Honest question Mats
Lol if we wanted to tank we could have traded Radulov and Markov at the deadline before they were free agents. That way we have Kotka+whatever we get for Radulov and Markov+a better 1st in 2017 because we traded Radulov and Markov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad