Confirmed with Link: Pacioretty Traded to Vegas for Tomas Tatar, Nick Suzuki, 2019 2nd Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The question is which asset would I rather deal for Domi, and I’ve answered it.

And you think it's so funny that someone would prefer Galchnyuk to Poehling, yet you come up with this rationale that no one's every discussed: because Galchenyuk is a UFA 3 years from the trade.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
And you think it's so funny that someone would prefer Galchnyuk to Poehling, yet you come up with this rationale that no one's every discussed: because Galchenyuk is a UFA 3 years from the trade.
What is Galchenyuk though really? A 50 point guy? I think Poehling will be better than that myself.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What is Galchenyuk though really? A 50 point guy? I think Poehling will be better than that myself.

Yes, I understand your perspective: that Galchneyuk is one dimensional and not really that good (50 point guy). Whereas Poehling is a center, with a two way game and will give you 50 points.

I still think Galchenyuk can be a 60 -70 point guy. I think he would have been that last year had he been on the 1st wave of the pp on the right circle the 1st half of the season. I think Kotkaniemi would be a great center for Galchneyuk, especially in a couple years. But even now I think Galchenyuk would put up big numbers either with Drouin and Domi or with KK and Lehkonen/Byron/or even Scherbak.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Yes, I understand your perspective: that Galchneyuk is one dimensional and not really that good (50 point guy). Whereas Poehling is a center, with a two way game and will give you 50 points.

I still think Galchenyuk can be a 60 -70 point guy. I think he would have been that last year had he been on the 1st wave of the pp on the right circle the 1st half of the season. I think Kotkaniemi would be a great center for Galchneyuk, especially in a couple years. But even now I think Galchenyuk would put up big numbers either with Drouin and Domi or with KK and Lehkonen/Byron/or even Scherbak.
This whole discussion is just silly though. Domi cost us Galchenyuk. Period.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I like the kid's prospects but let's see if Poehling can score a point in the NHL before we portray he's a top 6 C lol.
Is Galchenyuk a top 6 C? my point is that considering everything from age, to contract, tot he added additional pieces, I'd prefer dealing Galchenyuk for Domi as opposed to the hypothetical Poehling plus plus that was proposed.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This whole discussion is just silly though. Domi cost us Galchenyuk. Period.

But it's not. Bergevin wanted to get rid of Galchenyuk, takes offensive players for granted (Radulov, Subban, Markov, etc..), and is trying to build a team out of middle sixers. That's why we have the roster we have. I wouldn't be surprised if in his mind he'd rather have given up Galchenyuk than Andrew Shaw.

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
Patch is finally getting some goals after an unprecedent slow start. I realized that he's shooting way less than he was with the Canadiens. I'm glad that he's performing like he should because otherwise that trade would be an absolute steal.

Suzuky is destroying the OHL right now and Tatar has an amazing chemistry with his linesmates. Perhaps that 2nd round pick from Vegas (Columbus) will get us a D because right now it's getting scary at the blue line :help:.

Reactions: Pomee

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
But it's not. Bergevin wanted to get rid of Galchenyuk, takes offensive players for granted (Radulov, Subban, Markov, etc..), and is trying to build a team out of middle sixers. That's why we have the roster we have. I wouldn't be surprised if in his mind he'd rather have given up Galchenyuk than Andrew Shaw.
You can think what ever you wish, but the bottom line is we traded Galchenyuk for Domi and I am happy he did.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
And you can think what ever you wish, but the bottom line is I'm not happy with this **** roster.
Come on Mats, this ain’t a shit roster, it has flaws but it certainly isn’t shit!!

We’re missing Weber, Juulsen, Armia and Byron.

Our LHD needs a serious overhaul and we could maybe use a power winger and 1 more Centre, but overall it’s shaping up nicely.

Pieces are being polished at the lower levels and we have 10 more picks this year.....future is bright my friend and the roster is okay!!

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
:huh:

Poor Patches. People don't even talk about him anymore in his own thread.. lol

I feel so much better with Tatar. I know this guy won’t disapear in the playoffs or when it counts.

Pacioretty scores 2 goals after 15 games of pure trash and everyone goes nuts.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I feel so much better with Tatar. I know this guy won’t disapear in the playoffs or when it counts.

Pacioretty scores 2 goals after 15 games of pure trash and everyone goes nuts.
lemme guess, you got this impression from last PO right ?!

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

We have the roster we have because we’ve been doing good in the past decade. It’s easy to have elite talent when you finish bottom 5 for a decade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad