Confirmed with Link: Pacioretty Traded to Vegas for Tomas Tatar, Nick Suzuki, 2019 2nd Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
You can tell from Max’s interview with Pierre Lebrun on the athletic that he was over being captain and having to answer questions about the success of the team, “I had a gun pointed to my head and I took it” and also saying he thinks he was blamed too much for stuff that happened.

Pretty much confirms what I’ve thought about him always. Not captain material. Too sensitive and not a team player.

Additionally, his responses re: asking for a trade and saying maybe it was misinterpreted clearly points towards he had conversations re: not wanting to be there anymore, not having the captaincy/blame or wanting out if there was a rebuild.

I say good riddance and look forward to the next chapter.

Any link to the interview? Tried to find it without much success.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
imagine if Vegas would have put a 1st pick and not a 2nd pick in the Pacioretty trade !!
I knew they would suck. I would have added something from our end to make it a 1st instead of a second. It would probably be top 10 protected, but still.

Reactions: 26Mats

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I knew they would suck. I would have added something from our end to make it a 1st instead of a second. It would probably be top 10 protected, but still.
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that a 1st was part of the package Bergy was looking for initially but then Suzuki being on the table changed everything. GmGm may not have done a 1st AND Suzuki type deal unless we put Mete on the table as well or something similar. From what we've learned since the trade, getting Suzuki was really the objective all along.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that a 1st was part of the package Bergy was looking for initially but then Suzuki being on the table changed everything. GmGm may not have done a 1st AND Suzuki type deal unless we put Mete on the table as well or something similar. From what we've learned since the trade, getting Suzuki was really the objective all along.
Agree it was probably a 1st or Suzuki and never both.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
imagine if Vegas would have put a 1st pick and not a 2nd pick in the Pacioretty trade !!
Teams now will no longer trade firsts without protection. So that first would be deferred if Vegas continues to suck or a bottom 15 pick if they bounce back. Suzuki was the smarter asset to trade for, easily.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Suzuki I believe will be a great player and that second can get a good prospect. The Habs had probably a better deal at the trade deadline but leave it to MB to mishandle the situation. Anyways, Tatar is having a good season and nothing is stopping the Habs to flip him for a high end pick or packaged in a deal to bring D. The Habs need D.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

We gave up Shit and got back 3 great pieces. There are many other moves from this summer that have me what ifing.

Imagine Bergevin had half a brain and took Duclair and Perron up on their interest to play in Montreal and actually at the very least submitted them an offer.

Imagine Beregevin said hey look Skinner is available for a measly 2nd, it's great that I've added character, but let me also consider adding some offensive talent for a quarter of a second.

I just got 4th liner Armia in a cap dump, why not get Sheary too.

Imagine if I don't give up Galchenyuk in the Domi trade because I want him gone, maybe then we won't have one of the worst power plays in the league.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
We gave up **** and got back 3 great pieces. There are many other moves from this summer that have me what ifing.

Imagine Bergevin had half a brain and took Duclair and Perron up on their interest to play in Montreal and actually at the very least submitted them an offer.

Imagine Beregevin said hey look Skinner is available for a measly 2nd, it's great that I've added character, but let me also consider adding some offensive talent for a quarter of a second.

I just got 4th liner Armia in a cap dump, why not get Sheary too.

Imagine if I don't give up Galchenyuk in the Domi trade because I want him gone, maybe then we won't have one of the worst power plays in the league.

What do you give for Domi if not Galchenyuk?

I doubt they were looking for quantity in that sort of deal.

Reactions: Vachon23

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What do you give for Domi if not Galchenyuk?

I doubt they were looking for quantity in that sort of deal.

I think Poehling, an early 2nd, and a roster player (Lehkonen, Shaw, Hudon, Scherbak, Armia) gets it done.

I prefer Galchneyuk to Poehling. But really, I'd let Timmins make the call on who he projects to have more of an offensive impact. We needed centers badly this summer. But I still wanted more high end talent. And, I'm not convinced Galchenyuk can't play center. But even if he can't it all comes down to a projection on how much offense Poehling will have at the NHL level.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I think Poehling, an early 2nd, and a roster player (Lehkonen, Shaw, Hudon, Scherbak, Armia) gets it done.

I guess we'll never know.

As of right now I don't think anyone can complain about that trade.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I guess we'll never know.

As of right now I don't think anyone can complain about that trade.

I agree with that. My complaint is with Bergevin clearly not valueing Galchneyuk, not trying him at center in a lost season, and wanting him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia