Pacific Power

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
It's not up to me to prove the teams that have won more in less game are better. If you disagree, state your reasoning, but I'll use a better record as mine.

You can't predict that they'll be better because of having a few less points in a few less games. The Sharks had a horrible start to their season and are now on fire, Calgary is proven to be a legit top contender and Vegas is strong as hell. Just assuming those 3 teams will be better is foolish, all 3 of them could go on losing streaks while the pacific teams continue to win. Saying "because theyre better lol" isn't a reason it's an opinion. What if the Leafs lose Andersen for an extended period? What if Ovi goes cold for a month?

Jetcetera

Jan 19, 2015
Manitoba
Flames 4-1 against the Jets and Preds this year. But we'll take your word for it...
So? Leafs swept the bruins last year during the season and got smoked in the playoffs. That means nothing. Flames are not as good as the Jets or the Predators and pretty much everyone on here who isn't a flames fan will agree

Reactions: kuzy92

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
So? Leafs swept the bruins last year during the season and got smoked in the playoffs. That means nothing. Flames are not as good as the Jets or the Predators and pretty much everyone on here who isn't a flames fan will agree

That went to a game 7.. smoked? I hate the Flames but they are legit. Just because you say something doesn't make it true.

Reactions: CF84

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
Flames have more fire power than the Jets. Flames are faster and have the better goalie. Bring it on i hope Flames play the Jets in the playoffs.

Reactions: CF84 and Kegsey

RickyHP

May 9, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Maybe the Jets. Not so sure about Nashville anymore. Their D will always keep them at the top but the balance of power seems to be tilting.

Vegas, which has no top end scorers is just a machine that will not slow down.
Calgary and San Jose have entire teams of guys that are playing at their peak.

Surprisingly San Jose, a team mixed with young guys and vets, is having players having career years on all ends. Pavelski, Couture, Burns, Meier, Hertl, Donskoi, Kane, Karlsson (current pace) are all having career years.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean "balance of power is tilting." Generally speaking, the Pacific always had better teams than the central division for as long as I can remember (not counting the Chicago cup teams)

Last edited:

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
They have played more games then all the teams around them. As that equalizes they will drop out of the top 5.

Where did I mention Nashville?

Toronto, Winnipeg and Washington will pass the Pacific. At best Maybe Calgary stays at 5, but I also suspect Pittsburg will pass them in the coming weeks.

Meh, maybe they will, maybe they won’t.

Vegas and San Jose have gotten stronger as the season has gone on. The Knights have a lot of home games in the second half of the schedule and far fewer back-to-backs. And since Nate Schmidt came back only Tampa has a higher winning percentage. With the Sharks Karlsson has been on fire after a slow start. Calgary has shown they can beat anyone recently and with Vegas and San Jose heating up they are still in a tie for first (with fewer games played than Vegas and San Jose).

The reason why this thread was started was the Pacific teams got off to a slow start.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
I thought this would be the year the Pacific falls apart, I was wrong.

Crazy how this division has been the strongest in the NHL for well over a decade.

Jetcetera

Jan 19, 2015
Manitoba
You also disagree with the results when they actually played each other too so why should we value your opinion in this discussion?
yea because it doesn't matter. Flames lost to the canucks last week, jets have beat the canucks twice. does that mean that the canucks are better than the flames?

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
yea because it doesn't matter. Flames lost to the canucks last week, jets have beat the canucks twice. does that mean that the canucks are better than the flames?

when two teams have similar point totals you usually defer to head to head next

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

But the Canucks barely won that game when they beat the Flames 3-2 in OT. They have not shown they are better than the Flames in the head to head matchups.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I thought this would be the year the Pacific falls apart, I was wrong.

Crazy how this division has been the strongest in the NHL for well over a decade.

What. Been awful the last few years.

Jetcetera

Jan 19, 2015
Manitoba
But the Canucks barely won that game when they beat the Flames 3-2 in OT. They have not shown they are better than the Flames in the head to head matchups.
The Canucks also beat the flames 5-2 earlier in the year and are 2-1 against them this season so by your logic Canucks > Flames

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad