Pacific Power

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
The Knights have won 7 in a row and still can’t pull ahead. Calgary keeps winning and the Sharks wouldn’t even lose to Tampa Bay.

I’ve been hearing that the Knights would have an easy path to the conference finals again. What are people talking about because it doesn’t look easy to me.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
All I know is the Kings suck and they still aren’t far enough away from a wildcard place for my liking. Those wildcard teams need to start pulling away more.

#Lose4Hughes

Elias GOATtersson

Jan 8, 2011
The All Pacific Team based on this years points per game:
Gaudreau/McDavid/Petterrsen
Tkachuk/Draisaitl/Monahan
Meier/E-Lindholm/Couture
RNH/Getzlaf/Kase

Defense:
Giordano/Burns
Doughty/Karlsson
H-Lindholm/Montour

Goalie:
Gibson
back up: Koskinen
hnnnnng that first line

Reactions: CP4

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
All I know is the Kings suck and they still aren’t far enough away from a wildcard place for my liking. Those wildcard teams need to start pulling away more.

#Lose4Hughes

Hilarious that the Ducks/Canucks/Oilers are right there in a playoff race.. The west is so bad :laugh:

Kings could still make it.

Reactions: LAKings88

Nashology

Dec 21, 2006
Jets and Preds are better than every Pacific team

Maybe the Jets. Not so sure about Nashville anymore. Their D will always keep them at the top but the balance of power seems to be tilting.

Vegas, which has no top end scorers is just a machine that will not slow down.
Calgary and San Jose have entire teams of guys that are playing at their peak.

Surprisingly San Jose, a team mixed with young guys and vets, is having players having career years on all ends. Pavelski, Couture, Burns, Meier, Hertl, Donskoi, Kane, Karlsson (current pace) are all having career years.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The All Pacific Team based on this years points per game:
Gaudreau/McDavid/Petterrsen
Tkachuk/Draisaitl/Monahan
Meier/E-Lindholm/Couture
RNH/Getzlaf/Kase

Defense:
Giordano/Burns
Doughty/Karlsson
H-Lindholm/Montour

Goalie:
Gibson
back up: Koskinen

Kase and RNH over Tomas Hertl is a joke.

They have played more games then all the teams around them. As that equalizes they will drop out of the top 5.

Nashville has a lower points percentage than three teams in the Pacific.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hilarious that the Ducks/Canucks/Oilers are right there in a playoff race.. The west is so bad :laugh:

Kings could still make it.

The kind of run it would take for the Kings to make the playoffs--particularly with the other teams picking up the pace--would make 2012 look like a light jog.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Great; Washington, Winnipeg and Toronto have a better win% then all 3 Pacific teams.

And when you rank by points percentage, Calgary is 5th, San Jose is 6th, and Vegas is 7th. So, your idea that the Pacific will have no teams in the top-5 once the games played normalizes is not really based in fact. Same as your idea that Nashville is better than any Pacific team (which is what I originally took issue with - you just moved the goal posts).

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
And when you rank by points percentage, Calgary is 5th, San Jose is 6th, and Vegas is 7th. So, your idea that the Pacific will have no teams in the top-5 once the games played normalizes is not really based in fact. Same as your idea that Nashville is better than any Pacific team (which is what I originally took issue with - you just moved the goal posts).

Where did I mention Nashville?

Toronto, Winnipeg and Washington will pass the Pacific. At best Maybe Calgary stays at 5, but I also suspect Pittsburg will pass them in the coming weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad