P.K. Subban Thread - Edition 6.0 - #BlameSubban

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjsmith

Jan 24, 2013
I'm new, so bare with me if this has being already addressed. What happens if PK doesn't sign a new deal?

-Can he sit out the season, and become UFA next year?
-Can he just sign 1 year deal, and wait for UFA next year?
-If he can't do any of the above, what sorta of leverage does he have, since the management could wait him out?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Subban now reminds me of what happened to Markov. habs fans love to crap on their players for no reason all the time. They never learn. Trading Subban is just the most idiotic thing this franchise can do. Seriously, habs fans are the worst.

Always looking for a scapegoat.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
BrianWilde ‏@BWildeCTV
The fact no bridge deal for Benn just made a PK bridge deal argument harder for MB. Not predicting outcome. But got harder.

Brian Wilde is just stirring the pot.

GM's are not sheep that read the internet to see how another GM is running his club and then proceeds to do the exact same thing.

cjbhab*

I'm new, so bare with me if this has being already addressed. What happens if PK doesn't sign a new deal?

-If he can't do any of the above, what sorta of leverage does he have, since the management could wait him out?

We have our rights till he is 27.. unless a team offersheets him.. he cant play anywhere else.

Danadiens

Apr 20, 2004
Exactly. **** this bridge.

Subban is an exceptional player (although I wouldn't give the bank)...sign him already (do what it takes or close enough). We finally have the chance to reunite Subban and Markov...but no. First the lockout...now Subban vs Bergevin and his ****ing 2 year bridge BS policy :shakehead

We still don't know the numbers...but if Subban is asking for a 5-6 year contract...do it (especially if it's a fair price...especially).
IF Subban is getting too greedy, well...I still think it's Bergevin's job to push something as close as possible to the middle (not some rumored 3 mil gap...that's just ridiculous). 3 mil gap? Subban asking for 6mil/year for 5-6 years? and Bergevin offering 3mil/year for 2 years? We will not see Subban this season...our Habs need Subban or else hurry and get a dman of the same value so we can have an even more solid top 4. Right now it's Markov, Gorges, Diaz, Emelin... would be even more amazing with Subban.

1. Subban or Markov
2. Markov or Subban
3. Gorges or Diaz
4. Diaz or Gorges
5. Emelin
6. Bouiilon
--------- -------
Kaberle
Weber

Enough with this BS...we want Subban back on the ice (unless he really is being way too greedy... but I'm sure a 5-6 year deal can be worked out...pretty sure).

p.s.: Diaz is scaring me 'cause he'll ask for Streit money soon! and then what? Desharnais with Cole and Pacioretty...another one who will ask for 4-5mil/year, but...can he be healthy in playoffs and can he do it without being surrounded with our TWO best Power forwards? to be continued...
Eller with Pacioretty and Cole would be a point per game player or close, imo.

Hey we are okay, we got Markov!

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010

As long as Subban was offered a QO and refused there isn't much he can do until he's 27 other then to sign the offered contract or an offer sheet and then the Habs can either match or let him go for draft picks.

If he plays another year he is eligible for arbitration.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Brian Wilde is just stirring the pot.

GM's are not sheep that read the internet to see how another GM is running his club and then proceeds to do the exact same thing.

From a Bergevin Standpoint, it's not important. But it just accentuate that a bridge is not needed, especially when you believe in a guy. So we either don't believe in him or either want to stick with a way to do business which to me makes no sense. Just like that "no negotiation during the season" from Gainey made sense.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
From a Bergevin Standpoint, it's not important. But it just accentuate that a bridge is not needed, especially when you believe in a guy. So we either don't believe in him or either want to stick with a way to do business which to me makes no sense. Just like that "no negotiation during the season" from Gainey made sense.

Exactly this.

simplysincere*

Management has no interest in Subban, and rightfully so. Subban isn't worth more than $2 million a year!

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
We need PK back!!!!!

General-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Bouillon-Diaz
/Weber

TRADE KABERLE!

Sports1131

Oct 24, 2004
The fact that there is someone, supposedly a Habs fan, who thinks Tomas Kaberle is better than PK Subban is downright frightening.

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Sign him to the exact same deal as Benn and i would be happy. Simple solution to a simple problem that has became to complicated.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Subban now reminds me of what happened to Markov. habs fans love to crap on their players for no reason all the time. They never learn. Trading Subban is just the most idiotic thing this franchise can do. Seriously, habs fans are the worst.

It's always the homegrown ones who get it the worst too.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

The habs way = nothing close to a cup in 20 years.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Hey we are okay, we got Markov!

Most of us Hab fans are not just okay with...okay. We want to be the best we can be...and right now that is Markov AND Subban. When the **** will we see this happen? In our fantasies???? 'Cause it's just a matter of time before Markov goes down again (hope not of course but I won't hold my breath)...I want to see at least 10 games of Subban and Markov.

I'm annoying with the way I bash Markov's jinxed, frail body, constant injuries and especially how he still doesn't know how to protect himself a la Subban and Gorges from bodycheckers coming his way (so vulnerable), but...in the end I'm as excited as any other Hab fan at the idea (fantasy) of seeing PK Subban and Markov on the PP together (or one on the 1st pair, the other on the 2nd pairing for balance...we would have such a lethal PP...maybe top 3 in the NHL). And, with Subban there...Markov doesn't have to get so much ice-time (more chances of him staying healthy,etc). I want 21min for Markov...not more (21min. for Subban, and the rest - Diaz, Gorges, Emelin, Bouillon - can do the rest...this is how you stay healthy, imo). Keep Markov healthy (or try your best!) for playoffs (he's never healthy for playoffs).

I really hope Bergevin ends this suffering of all us Habs fans.
First the lockout...now the Subban fiasco:shakehead.

Get Subban signed NOW!!! #$%^&*#$$%@#$%%&*
(and I want 5-6 years so we don't have to do this again in 2 years #$%^&&*#$%...what a ****ing headache...thanks Bergevin, thanks Subban).

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec

Like you with Desharnais?

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Sign him to the exact same deal as Benn and i would be happy. Simple solution to a simple problem that has became to complicated.

Bingo!!
Fire Bergevin and get Dharvey on board...

Give Subban the same thing as Benn.

Are we ever going to see this D lineup? (fantasy?):
Subban-Gorges
Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Diaz

p.s.: Diaz really reminds me of the small/very offensive dman who retired as a Red Wing/Star (solid career)...forget his name. Also a rightie.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
I gave him the benefit of the doubt, even said I don't have the best memory...he said there's video evidence of it. But he didn't produce this evidence then provided an article from someone who can choose to see whatever he wants to see and interpret it the way he wants

How do you know he tried to blame Gomez and got into an argument with ladouceur? Were you at ice level to hear what was said? You have no idea...

and my whole point in this is to say that people have their pre-conceived notions about Subban and whatever he does or doesn't do, is seen with that same pre-conceived notion (see when he was accused of spitting on an opponent). In other words, Subban doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Did this supposed event happen? Maybe...maybe not...we don't know what was said, hell, maybe it happens all the time. But when it comes to Subban, it's sensationalised x10.

No, Randy yelled at PK. Some people see what they want to see.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
Bingo!!
Fire Bergevin and get Dharvey on board...

Give Subban the same thing as Benn.

Are we ever going to see this D lineup? (fantasy?):
Subban-Gorges
Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Diaz

p.s.: Diaz really reminds me of the small/very offensive dman who retired as a Red Wing/Star (solid career)...forget his name. Also a rightie.

Do you mean Rafalski? He was a Red Wing/Devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad