Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
4M, 2Y

c3ce7940_do-it.png

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Agreed...like I said, PK will have to wrap his head around the idea that he's not going to get a long term deal right now

But Habs need to recognize that offering him anything under 4M, at the very least, is just not a fair starting point.

PK has always spoken from his heart, never seemed dishonest about anything.
Hearing him speak about his demand and how he isn't unreasonable, and repeating how he just wants his fair value, gave me the feeling he really wanted to divulge the numbers being offered as opposed to his demands to really prove he isn't asking for the moon here.

Last edited:

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
I think he's worth about 4 right now, max. If the two clans are ~ 3 million appart PK might be after a little bit too much.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I think he's worth about 4 right now, max. If the two clans are ~ 3 million appart PK might be after a little bit too much.

So you think he's worth Cam Fowler money?

Seriously folks, Cam Fowler received a five year, $4M per season extension with the Ducks only because he put up decent offensive numbers. His defensively play is not up to NHL par but he puts up points so the Ducks are paying him for it.

Subban puts up similar points, is unbelievably superior in the defensive game and will pay more taxes in Montreal but he's worth 4 million max?

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
What worries me the most is that it seems like management doesn't seem to see much value in Subba, IMO on a 2 year deal he should be getting 4M to 4.5 per.

And if they are only offering 2.5, and they want to move him, doubt they even ask for much.

I really wish we knew the details to make judgement but from what Subban said, it seems like he is ok with a short term deal at fair price, which should be 4-4.5.

I can't believe a deal isn't done, I literally am just lost, its as likely to see a heading on TSN or Subban traded as it is for a Subban re-signs header.

Habitants

Oct 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
repost from other thread since it got closed:

Ok this is getting rediculous. I have the answer to end it all.

Bergevin wants 2 yr bridge contract at say 3 million, total 6mil

Subban want 6 yr mega deal at say 6 million, total 36mil

Just give him an 8 yr contract for 42million and the avg annual cap hit comes to 5.25mil.

I can live with that.

End the maddness

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Subban puts up similar points, is unbelievably superior in the defensive game and will pay more taxes in Montreal but he's worth 4 million max?

He's probably comparable to Dan Hamhuis at the moment, ~4.5M

But since you're also paying for "potential", it should be higher than that. So IMO Subban is probably worth something like:

~9.5M on a two year deal (4.75M/year)

or

~27.5M on a five year deal (5.5M/year)

And that 5.5 would still arguably be low if he breaks out offensively and becomes a ~45+ point two-way physical defenceman. Those types of players get 6+ typically

skule123

Mar 24, 2008
Unsigned PK is really keeping me from enjoying the end of the lockout and the young hockey season. Like a few people have said, every trade tracker from TSN has me fear the worst.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Well, I truly feel we are passed the point of no return.

PK will inevitably be traded. I am furious that it has come to this.

This contract dispute has pissed off his teammates. It has pissed off PK as well. We are done here. For whatever reason, Bergevin and his inexplicable obsession with low ball bridge contracts WILL cost us the most dynamic defenceman that we've had in a long, long time.

Mr. Bergevin, Mr. "supreme talent evaluator", does not seem to be a big fan of PK's talent. He had an opportunity to sign this kid long term, keep the guy in the organization for a long time and at a cap hit that in a few years will seem like nothing.

I'm telling you right now, PK will be traded. At BEST, he will stay here until he's UFA and bolt. He's been disrepected by the organization, and his teammates have soured on him for holding out.

It's a toxic situation. This is done.

Goodbye PK.

Hopefully goodbye Bergevin if he ****s this up anymore than he already has.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
repost from other thread since it got closed:

Ok this is getting rediculous. I have the answer to end it all.

Bergevin wants 2 yr bridge contract at say 3 million, total 6mil

Subban want 6 yr mega deal at say 6 million, total 36mil

Just give him an 8 yr contract for 42million and the avg annual cap hit comes to 5.25mil.

I can live with that.

End the maddness

That is a gap of 30M in the first offers, that is a lot.

If that is what the offers are, I think they should meet in the middle.

3 years at 3.5M, 3 years 11.5M

Habs get their short term, Subban a contract that takes him to 1 year away from being a UFA.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Hearing him speak about his demand and how he isn't unreasonable, and repeating how he just wants his fair value, gave me the feeling he really wanted to divulge the numbers being offered as opposed to his demands to really prove he isn't asking for the moon here.

No doubt, I really find it unfortunate some fans have turned against him...though I guess it's not surprising, he's a polarizing figure.

I don't think there's anything wrong with determining your own value, he's well within his right to get paid what he thinks he's worth

He's not holding out while under contract...there's nothing wrong with what he's doing.

Just like I also respect the Habs for sticking to their guns on the bridge deal...but I don't support both sides being unflexible on the money issue.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Hard to believe a deal isn't inked yet. I don't know if PK's being too demanding. Or if Bergevin isn't giving what PK deserves.

Personally, I hope PK stays a Hab. But it all depends on his contract and his performances on and off the ice. If he doesn't stay, I hope it depends on the return, which has the same ifs. Subban would be the safer of the two imo.

The real annoying part is we're more than likely not going to know what was offered if a deal doesn't pull through. And you just know fans are going to be convinced in their baseless beliefs no matter the position. And we'll have unrest over it.

C'mon Bergie and PK. Get this deal signed!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Bobby Mac said Habs are offering PK 2.75M. He also said they are about 2-3M apart.
That means PK, at the most, is asking between 4.75-5.75M.
However, Stubbs just said PK isn't asking for Doughty money, at all. Meaning, he's probably not asking for 5.75M.
So what gives?? How is PK the one vilified here?? Not going to blame the RDS guys for riding on the Bergevin side, they finally get access to the GM and coach, they love them for taking part in their shows and being so open to them, so very easy to predict they would back him up.

But fans?? I don't get it. I also don't understand how any fan would want PK to sign on a cheap long term deal. Really, doesn't make any sense. People should want this kid locked up on a long term deal at a decent price, which is what he's apparently asking for.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal

This contract dispute has pissed off his teammates. It has pissed off PK as well. We are done here. For whatever reason, Bergevin and his inexplicable obsession with low ball bridge contracts WILL cost us the most dynamic defenceman that we've had in a long, long time.

Mr. Bergevin, Mr. "supreme talent evaluator", does not seem to be a big fan of PK's talent. He had an opportunity to sign this kid long term, keep the guy in the organization for a long time and at a cap hit that in a few years will seem like nothing.

I'm telling you right now, PK will be traded. At BEST, he will stay here until he's UFA and bolt. He's been disrepected by the organization, and his teammates have soured on him for holding out.

Goodbye PK.

Don't be so dramatic. It's a negotiation.

Vinny Bombatz

Jan 16, 2012
Don't make the same mistake twice.

Chris Chelios now P.K Subban

It's as if history is trying to repeat itself. Both play a similar style, both have strong characters and there is no doubt in my mind that by the time Subban retires they will both be Norris trophy winners.

Draw the comparables for fun...its scary how many there are.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Subban's value is at the lowest it can possibly be as he hasn't played all year and every game is so important at this point, not to mention teams won't give up as much due to the uncertainty of how much money he wants.

I just hope Bergevin signs him and isn't stupid enough to trade him as it'll take YEARS to find another top pairing defenseman like him.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
As far as I remember, the reason Chelios was dealt was for his behavior. I may be wrong on this. But if I recall, Chelios had gone partying (don't remember if it was during playoffs or not) and got himself injured. Enough that it ruined the Habs chances. But this is what I remember and I may be wrong. But all in all, I know that it was for his behavior.

The current situation is more about contract details.

Habtchum*

Subban sounds more like a selfish, immature brat. He certainly comes out as not being a team player at all.

The guy should entertain the idea of playing over in Europe for the next couple of years.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
If anything he's a combination of Chris Chelios and Claude Lemieux.

He has the talent to be Chelios but people vilify him like Claude Lemieux.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Goodbye PK.

Not sure how you get that it has "passed the point of no return". Pk hasn't asked for a trade or said he wouldn't play for MT.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Bobby Mac said Habs are offering PK 2.75M. He also said they are about 2-3M apart.
That means PK, at the most, is asking between 4.75-5.75M.
However, Stubbs just said PK isn't asking for Doughty money, at all. Meaning, he's probably not asking for 5.75M.
So what gives?? How is PK the one vilified here?? Not going to blame the RDS guys for riding on the Bergevin side, they finally get access to the GM and coach, they love them for taking part in their shows and being so open to them, so very easy to predict they would back him up.

But fans?? I don't get it. I also don't understand how any fan would want PK to sign on a cheap long term deal. Really, doesn't make any sense. People should want this kid locked up on a long term deal at a decent price, which is what he's apparently asking for.

It's not about wanting or not wanting this kid...

Price Pacioretty Gorges and on and on all followed Management business rule of a transition contract.....Why should PK not have to as well?

I'll argue that Price is MUCH MUCH more important to this team then PK and he didn't fuss. He signed and played out his transition contract and got rewarded for it in the end.

I say if PK doesn;t want to sign a transition contract then trade him.
Montreal has the likes of Tinordi, Beaulieu and Ellis waiting in the wings and bringing in a guy ala Benn would suit thsi team just fine.

From al the suggested comments from players and news outlets it's not like Subban is apprecited in his own locker room either. This guy thinks he'sigger then the team.

While I'd love to keep PK, I would not keep him at any cost.

Signing him to a long term big money deal now would send the wrong message to the other young stars on this team and more then likely create some anomisty in the dressing room.

If PK doesn't want to be part of the Montreal Canadiesn then let's move on and get someone that does want to be part of a TEAM!

Maybe Edmonton would be interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad