P.K. Subban Thread - Edition 6.0 - #BlameSubban

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsubz

Nov 3, 2007
I'm not one to generalize after only 3 games but for argument's sake, the team looks better so far without PK than it did with him last year.

Having no injuries in the line-up sure helps a lot. The team is playing good and could be even better with PK.

MicroFracture

Jan 1, 2009
Trois-Rivieres
lol. FYP.

Hey, btw, stop being racist against white people. There's nothing wrong with the culture of hockey just because hockey is predominantly played by white people.

Nothing wrong with the NBA, either. They are what they are.

Racism against white people isn't a thing, and even if it were, there was nothing in his post racist against whites. :shakehead

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Getting more pissed off by the second with that Benn contract....Where's the bridge Marc? Where's the ****ing bridge????

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We've also had an incredibly easy schedule.

Don't forget there was enough suck in the Toronto game to cover up both of the wins.
If we follow the pattern of years past we'll look like champs one night and chumps the next. Thing is though we have Carey Price. That alone could get us to the playoffs.

Markov stays healthy and we get PK back, we could make a run.

Then again we could finish 15th... :laugh:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
One of the very few players I'd trade PK for in a package....Justin Faulk.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Habs fans are something else. They can't stand opinionated players. Cam was loved one minute, then the second he said something we all said and that the players are saying now about PG/JM admin, he was public enemy number one. Same thing here with PK. It has happened before and it will continue to happen.

I have heard the guy compared to TO, Moss, etc. A lot of people see him like that...and if you don' think these comparisons and criticisms are not backed by bigotry then you have your head in the sand. The NHL is a very old school, niche sport with a large white demographic. Hockey is the one sport where fans can "get away" from the "punks" of the NBA and NFL. PK has not fallen in line like many other black hockey players. He is engaging and flashy.

Do I think the Habs negotiations have anything to do with race? No. But I do think a good chunk of the unreasonable criticism is race based. He now has a rep and it will follow him for the rest of his career. Pretty unfortunate.

His start is falling in Montreal and it really isn't much of his doing. Hockey is a "fall in line" sport. PK's not that kind of guy.

He will be traded. The damage is done. I just hope Bergie gets a more than solid return and we're not searching for a player of PK's ilk for years to come just like we've been searching for an impact layer/1st line center.

Such is life.

nm.......

Last edited:

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
Bergevin is not in a rush to sign Subban. Subban is not going to replace any of our top 6.

He won't replace Markov.
He won't replace Diaz.
He won't replace Emelin.
He won't replace Bouillon.
He won't replace Gorges.
He won't replace Kaberle.

Meehan is probably not the problem, as it is likely that Subban is the one making outrageous demands.

If Bergevin were to trade Subban, the most he would get for him is a 2nd rounder, maybe a late 1st (at the most).

No team wants him. Firstly, he's overrated, and the other 29 GMs know this. Secondly, and most importantly, he has a bad attitude (GMs also know this).

If Subban was so great like so many fans claim him to be, then another team would have overpaid to get him via trade, or they would have signed him to an offer sheet by now.

I predict that Subban will sit out the entire year, become a UFA, and sign with someone else over the summer (that's if any team is willing to take him), unless Subban is willing to sign below 3 Million per year on a short term basis, and willing to prove himself both as an elite player with an improved attitude.

Bergevin will set his precedence, by showing that he will not be pushed around by a player's egoistic demands, and I highly respect him for that. Furthermore, Bergevin is not going to trade Subban unless he feels pressured to do so - he's going to force him to sit out as along as he can.

Subban needs to change his attitude, and become more humble in his acts and thoughts. I think Subban has lots of passion which is great, but he needs to "come back down to Earth", and prove himself all over again, however, that won't be in Montreal.

Is that a new rule in the CBA? Doesn't he have to wait until 27 or 7 years of service to qualify as a UFA?

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
If we're gonna trade Subban for another you d-man, i would target Zach Bogosian. No doubt.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
This thread is ****ing amazing. So much drama, so much fun to read.

Keep it up. I'm hoping PK never gets signed at this point just for the entertainment value.

simplysincere*

A fair deal for Subban is $4 million for 2 years, $2 million/ year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Habs fans are something else. They can't stand opinionated players. Cam was loved one minute, then the second he said something we all said and that the players are saying now about PG/JM admin, he was public enemy number one. Same thing here with PK. It has happened before and it will continue to happen.

I have heard the guy compared to TO, Moss, etc. A lot of people see him like that...and if you don' think these comparisons and criticisms are not backed by bigotry then you have your head in the sand. The NHL is a very old school, niche sport with a large white demographic. Hockey is the one sport where fans can "get away" from the "punks" of the NBA and NFL. PK has not fallen in line like many other black hockey players. He is engaging and flashy.

Do I think the Habs negotiations have anything to do with race? No. But I do think a good chunk of the unreasonable criticism is race based. He now has a rep and it will follow him for the rest of his career. Pretty unfortunate.

His start is falling in Montreal and it really isn't much of his doing. Hockey is a "fall in line" sport. PK's not that kind of guy.

He will be traded. The damage is done. I just hope Bergie gets a more than solid return and we're not searching for a player of PK's ilk for years to come just like we've been searching for an impact layer/1st line center.

Such is life.

If you mean "fall in line" as "team first" then ya hockey is a team first game, as in you take a bit of pain for the betterment of the team. PK has shown that is not an option and his personal goals sit well before the teams.

You can pull the race card all you want but you just look more and more ridiculous.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
PK isn't even playing and he as his own thread on the Bruins board.. I think they secretly love him and bashing him is their way of showing it.. :sarcasm:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Getting more pissed off by the second with that Benn contract....Where's the bridge Marc? Where's the ****ing bridge????

Exactly. **** this bridge.

Subban is an exceptional player (although I wouldn't give the bank)...sign him already (do what it takes or close enough). We finally have the chance to reunite Subban and Markov...but no. First the lockout...now Subban vs Bergevin and his ****ing 2 year bridge BS policy :shakehead

We still don't know the numbers...but if Subban is asking for a 5-6 year contract...do it (especially if it's a fair price...especially).
IF Subban is getting too greedy, well...I still think it's Bergevin's job to push something as close as possible to the middle (not some rumored 3 mil gap...that's just ridiculous). 3 mil gap? Subban asking for 6mil/year for 5-6 years? and Bergevin offering 3mil/year for 2 years? We will not see Subban this season...our Habs need Subban or else hurry and get a dman of the same value so we can have an even more solid top 4. Right now it's Markov, Gorges, Diaz, Emelin... would be even more amazing with Subban.

1. Subban or Markov
2. Markov or Subban
3. Gorges or Diaz
4. Diaz or Gorges
5. Emelin
6. Bouiilon
--------- -------
Kaberle
Weber

Enough with this BS...we want Subban back on the ice (unless he really is being way too greedy... but I'm sure a 5-6 year deal can be worked out...pretty sure).

p.s.: Diaz is scaring me 'cause he'll ask for Streit money soon! and then what? Desharnais with Cole and Pacioretty...another one who will ask for 4-5mil/year, but...can he be healthy in playoffs and can he do it without being surrounded with our TWO best Power forwards? to be continued...
Eller with Pacioretty and Cole would be a point per game player or close, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad