P.K. Subban Thread - Edition 6.0 - #BlameSubban

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I gave him the benefit of the doubt, even said I don't have the best memory...he said there's video evidence of it. But he didn't produce this evidence then provided an article from someone who can choose to see whatever he wants to see and interpret it the way he wants

How do you know he tried to blame Gomez and got into an argument with ladouceur? Were you at ice level to hear what was said? You have no idea...

and my whole point in this is to say that people have their pre-conceived notions about Subban and whatever he does or doesn't do, is seen with that same pre-conceived notion (see when he was accused of spitting on an opponent). In other words, Subban doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Did this supposed event happen? Maybe...maybe not...we don't know what was said, hell, maybe it happens all the time. But when it comes to Subban, it's sensationalised x10.

:shakehead

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
The NHL is a very old school, niche sport with a large white demographic. Hockey is the one sport where fans can "get away" from the "punks" of the NBA and NFL. PK has not fallen in line like many other black hockey players. He is engaging and flashy.

His start is falling in Montreal and it really isn't much of his doing. Hockey is a "team" sport. PK's not that kind of guy.

Such is life.

lol. FYP.

Hey, btw, stop being racist against white people. There's nothing wrong with the culture of hockey just because hockey is predominantly played by white people.

Nothing wrong with the NBA, either. They are what they are.

Last edited:

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
About the incident with Ladoucer:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=385967

During a drill at the Montreal Canadiens practice Tuesday, an angry assistant coach Randy Ladouceur shouted at defenceman P.K. Subban "You've been out here 40 minutes, wake up."

It's been that kind of season for the 22-year old Subban, who has emerged as the struggling Canadiens' top defenceman even while drawing blasts of ire from coaches, opponents and sometimes teammates for his occasional gaffes and misdemeanours.

It was his second run-in with Ladouceur in less than a week. A television camera captured them arguing on the bench during a 5-4 shootout loss in Pittsburgh on Friday night after a Subban giveaway led to a Penguins goal ...

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Oh and BTW .. in that article Price says:

When asked about Subban's latest incident, Price smiled and said: "Sometimes he deserves it and sometimes he doesn't. I'd say 99 per cent of the time he deserves it."

Getting serious, he added that Subban "has a lot of potential, but he has a few things he needs to sort out."

Genghis Keon

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
I gave him the benefit of the doubt, even said I don't have the best memory...he said there's video evidence of it. But he didn't produce this evidence then provided an article from someone who can choose to see whatever he wants to see and interpret it the way he wants

How do you know he tried to blame Gomez and got into an argument with ladouceur? Were you at ice level to hear what was said? You have no idea...

and my whole point in this is to say that people have their pre-conceived notions about Subban and whatever he does or doesn't do, is seen with that same pre-conceived notion (see when he was accused of spitting on an opponent). In other words, Subban doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Did this supposed event happen? Maybe...maybe not...we don't know what was said, hell, maybe it happens all the time. But when it comes to Subban, it's sensationalised x10.

Here's the vid (got it from that link to the old thread): http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/#cat=53&videoID=104865

You can see it after the 3:00 minute mark and a bit later. It's definitely an argument (with PK trying to explain himself), but when I hear about someone shouting at coaches, that's not what I'm picturing in my mind.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Here's the vid (got it from that link to the old thread): http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/#cat=53&videoID=104865

You can see it after the 3:00 minute mark and a bit later. It's definitely an argument (with PK trying to explain himself), but when I hear about someone shouting at coaches, that's not what I'm picturing in my mind.

well that's my points...no one really knows what's being said or the context of the 'disagreement'. If you have a certain bias for a player, either for him or against him, you may choose to see in any number of different ways

in the end, i'm sure these situations happen more often then 'captured' on camera

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
lol. FYP.

Hey, btw, stop being racist against white people. There's nothing wrong with the culture of hockey just because hockey is predominantly played by white people.

Nothing wrong with the NBA, either. They are what they are.

Racist against white people? That's new.

There is nothing wrong with the NBA, but I've heard many compare him to NBA and NFL mentality and it's not a positive comparison. Continue to keep your head in the sand.

Lemons

Mar 26, 2008
No one is bigger than the coaches and management. PK's behaviour is started to emerge as toxic.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
I'm really not buying the bridge contract bs. Really hope he doesn't get traded. He's a game changer and I don't think he can be replaced. I even think Galchenyuk won't be as much a game changer as Subban.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
No one is bigger than the coaches and management. PK's behaviour is started to emerge as toxic.

Right. Players should take the 1st contract offered, even if it's a lowball. This reminds me of the Gainey years where bad move after bad move fans would still defend him like they would their own mother.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Confidence, exuberance and uber competitiveness do not qualify as toxic. The team is much better with him in the lineup. Period.

simplysincere*

Bergevin is not in a rush to sign Subban. Subban is not going to replace any of our top 6.

He won't replace Markov.
He won't replace Diaz.
He won't replace Emelin.
He won't replace Bouillon.
He won't replace Gorges.
He won't replace Kaberle.

Meehan is probably not the problem, as it is likely that Subban is the one making outrageous demands.

If Bergevin were to trade Subban, the most he would get for him is a 2nd rounder, maybe a late 1st (at the most).

No team wants him. Firstly, he's overrated, and the other 29 GMs know this. Secondly, and most importantly, he has a bad attitude (GMs also know this).

If Subban was so great like so many fans claim him to be, then another team would have overpaid to get him via trade, or they would have signed him to an offer sheet by now.

I predict that Subban will sit out the entire year, become a UFA, and sign with someone else over the summer (that's if any team is willing to take him), unless Subban is willing to sign below 3 Million per year on a short term basis, and willing to prove himself both as an elite player with an improved attitude.

Bergevin will set his precedence, by showing that he will not be pushed around by a player's egoistic demands, and I highly respect him for that. Furthermore, Bergevin is not going to trade Subban unless he feels pressured to do so - he's going to force him to sit out as along as he can.

Subban needs to change his attitude, and become more humble in his acts and thoughts. I think Subban has lots of passion which is great, but he needs to "come back down to Earth", and prove himself all over again, however, that won't be in Montreal.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Bergevin is not in a rush to sign Subban. Subban is not going to replace any of our top 6.

He won't replace Markov.
He won't replace Diaz.
He won't replace Emelin.
He won't replace Gorges.

Meehan is probably not the problem, as it is likely that Subban is the one making outrageous demands.

If Bergevin were to trade Subban, the most he would get for him is a 2nd rounder, maybe a late 1st (at the most).

No team wants him. Firstly, he's overrated, and the other 29 GMs know this. Secondly, and most importantly, he has a bad attitude (GMs also know this).

If Subban was so great like so many fans claim him to be, then another team would have overpaid to get him via trade, or they would have signed him to an offer sheet by now.

I predict that Subban will sit out the entire year, become a UFA, and sign with someone else over the summer (that's if any team is willing to take him), unless Subban is willing to sign below 3 Million per year on a short term basis, and willing to prove himself both as an elite player with an improved attitude.

Bergevin will set his precedence, by showing that he will not be pushed around by a player's egoistic demands, and I highly respect him for that. Furthermore, Bergevin is not going to trade Subban unless he feels pressured to do so - he's going to force him to sit out as along as he can.

Subban needs to change his attitude, and become more humble in his acts and thoughts. I think Subban has lots of passion which is great, but he needs to "come back down to Earth", and prove himself all over again, however, that won't be in Montreal.

In short, you don't know anything about what's going on, just like everybody else, and you're speculating like everyone else.

yup.

PricePkPatch*

I'm not one to generalize after only 3 games but for argument's sake, the team looks better so far without PK than it did with him last year.

I would put that more on Markov's return, the addition of Prust/Armstrong/Bouillon + the Gallies than the absence of PK

Seriously.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto

He won't replace Markov.
He won't replace Diaz.
He won't replace Emelin.
He won't replace Gorges.

If Bergevin were to trade Subban the most he would get for him is a 2nd rounder, maybe a late 1st (at the most). ******** BTW

Are you bloody high? Im going to bold everything you said that is pure conjencture on your part

None of this is a rational argument and spout of garbage of pure conjencture, none of it's backed up with facts. Now I'll proceed to completely destroy it,

Subban is better then Emelin, Bouillion, Kabarle and Diaz, as evidenced by his play last year in all three zones and his ability to step up when markov went down.

How in gods name do you not know that subban just wants 4 years and bergevin wants three and neithers willing to budge, and even if that was the case, what the hell does it matter? Do you go and work for less then what you think you should be paid?

If he's overrated then why do you have fans of every fanbase trying to trade for him? Why do you have him consistently listed as the top of our depth chart by analysts.

A 2nd rounder? A first? maybe? lets remind ourselves your talking about a young defenseman whose had 40 point seasons when most are in the AHL, this is why Bergevins a gm and your not 2nd round picks get you players like kostitsyn, not players like subban.

None of this even makes sense, this post is bad and you should feel bad

Coming from someone who wants to see subban signed but at a number both are comfortable with

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I would put that more on Markov's return, the addition of Prust/Armstrong/Bouillon + the Gallies than the absence of PK

Seriously.

We've also had an incredibly easy schedule.

Don't forget there was enough suck in the Toronto game to cover up both of the wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad