P.K. Subban Thread - Edition 6.0 - #BlameSubban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
Can't believe you guys are still doubting his although articles from reputable websites, links to threads and tv broadcasts support my point. You can interpret it any way you want. Point is Subban yelled at the coaching staff.

I'll believe anything I read on the Internet.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
They were talking about Markov's shot being on net and Subban's off the glass most of the time last year with his long windup everyone could see coming. Getting shots on net is more efficient. That being said we would have two pretty good power play units with PK in the lineup.

Actually, that came after and they were talking about Diaz's short not Markov's.
But who cares if his accuracy isn't the best?? The kid was 3rd and 4th in shots for in the last two seasons. In his rookie year, he lead all NHL rookie Dmen for both Goals and PP Goals. If you ever played the point and released one timers, you know, the pass coming in is very important, just a few inches off and it can screw it all up. Two years ago, Wiz had no problem setting up PK well, which is why his shooting percentage was better. Last year, we had youngsters not comfortable there or Kaberle. The passes coming in weren't as good, which influences his positioning at the point, and in turn his quality of shot. So, let's stop crying about him missing the net on some shots. I can't believe these guys are called analysts when they can't analyze jack crap. They will get a sheet of paper, look at TOI, Shots, Points, +/- , PIM, Gv, Hits and BS, and then blab out crap. No analysis of the game or a player done at all.

Also, these guys are just flat out inventing crap on the show. Apparently this kid is this big cancer in the room now.
I can't believe the crap they're saying.

This is all too similar to how they all crapped on Price at some point. But thankfully, at the time, management was so sold on this kid (right from the start) that it really didn't matter where his attitude was. I'm hoping Bergevin feels the same way about PK than the previous administration felt about Price.

Last edited:

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Well...he did do a weather report once on CTV (ch.12 Montreal), but that was awhile ago!! So...no we can't blame Subbie, but we could blame Bergevin for his cold/very cold ways of negotiating with Subbie-Subbie-doo!

**** this ****.
I want to see Subban in a Hab jersey again.

Subban will win a Cup (or two) in his NHL career...please let it be with us:help::cry: please!! if it's not with us...I'll :cry: forever (the way I'm still crying over how Roy was dealt for players+goalie that were AHL stars but very average/incosistent NHLers).

Just wondering why Carey Price won't win a Stanley Cup with us and Subban will no matter what. (You do know the history of a certain Ray Bourque, right? He needed St. Patrick to get his.)

TSN seems to be spouting that the Subban camp definitely wants Benn-level money. It's a little high for me, but I suppose at this point, since PK has pretty much suggested he'll ask for a trade (which I won't forget), might as well just give him something slightly less. 5M for 5y or 6y. I'm very much against how he's handled this and for how much he's asking, but it does seem like PK is actually squeezing MB to a place where he can't afford to make a mistake. My hope is that when they speak there's some compromise. I still don't think PK has deserved high 5M, but will, and that he should take a smaller 2 year deal, but whatever, apparently we're never going to have a player, D or O who will put us in this position after this precedent. Beaulieu and Tinordi (and Ellis ftm) are watching this carefully.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
how about people getting their lips off his dick before we get off his ass.

this is no shot at you specifically, but people need to wake up and realize that Subban is NOT our #1 D, our number 1 D is currently playing and performing very well, and making the team around him better.

Until he dethrones the General, he doesn't deserve the General's money

You'll hate me, but...as a GM I'd take Subban for the next TWO years over Markov. I'd take Subban for 3 years over Markov. And the next 4-5 years+...easy one with Subban winning by a landslide.

Iron-Man: Subban
Frail-Man (but not his fault,etc,etc): Markov

Playoffs performer: Subban great at checking Crosby (and more than fast enough to do it).
Playoffs magician: Markov
Playoffs...no playoffs: Markov is rarely there during playoffs

Regular season: Subban will get 50pts+ in more than a few seasons while playing solid defense.
Regular season (when healthy): Markov is solid in the regular season...when healthy was good for hockey pools (but worse than ever now since he's so injury prone...don't want to sweat it with his every game).

Waiting game: the only waiting we've had with Subban is now...not being signed (I don't like it either 'cause we could be seeing Subban with Markov out there).
Waiting game: lots of it with Markov (waited 3 miserable years for Markov to play 3 games in a row...but we do have Galchenyuk to show for it, so that's good).

But let's not make this a Subban VS Markov thread...:sarcasm::naughty:
After all...I want to see my fantasy come true for once!
(I want to see a healthy Markov with a signed Subban).
How many games have we witnessed with those two on the ice?
Not many, imo. Not enough. Now's our chance while Markov's still healthy.

The Bruins or Leafs would take Subban over Markov anyday (for 1, 2 , 3 years...they know Markov is one hit away from going down for 1 year or more). Unless teams know something we don't (that Subban really is a pain and they don't want him for that reason?). You think other teams want to sweat it out waiting and waiting for Markov's health to return? Let's hope Markov can stay healthy in time for Subban to at least get 10 games while the General-in-crutches tries to stay healthy for the whole season/playoffs. Anyways...not a time to hate Markov's jinxed/frail body...very happy he's healthy (yes I am) but want it to stay that way or else...$%^&*#$%^& misery again.

Last edited:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Just wondering why Carey Price won't win a Stanley Cup with us and Subban will no matter what. (You do know the history of a certain Ray Bourque, right? He needed St. Patrick to get his.)

TSN seems to be spouting that the Subban camp definitely wants Benn-level money. It's a little high for me, but I suppose at this point, since PK has pretty much suggested he'll ask for a trade (which I won't forget), might as well just give him something slightly less. 5M for 5y or 6y. I'm very much against how he's handled this and for how much he's asking, but it does seem like PK is actually squeezing MB to a place where he can't afford to make a mistake. My hope is that when they speak there's some compromise. I still don't think PK has deserved high 5M, but will, and that he should take a smaller 2 year deal, but whatever, apparently we're never going to have a player, D or O who will put us in this position after this precedent. Beaulieu and Tinordi (and Ellis ftm) are watching this carefully.

I'm a huge Price fan...really believe he will win a Cup one day and I'm ready to sink with the ship (if that happens) for at least another 6-7 more seasons with Price...loyal to Price (really believe in him). Subban and Price need each other. They know together they can help the team win a cup together. We just have to make sure Bergevin doesn't scare Subban off to another team to win the Cup. You don't lose Subban unless you get at least a Shattenkirk or Pietrangelo back (these are just examples). I want to see Subban win a cup with our Habs...and I think Subban does too. Unless Bergevin is turning him away from his Habs.

And...I also believe Subban really really wants to win the CUP.
He is built to win the CUP. I'm just saying I hope it's with us.

If we're in playoffs...and everyone is healthy (Price, Subban, Gorges, Pleks, Markov, Cole, Pacioretty, Gionta, Moen, Emelin, Bouillon...and all the other core players...we have a chance in playoffs to go far...we just need our health).

p.s.: with all due respect to one of my favorites (Bourque)...he didn't just have Patty Roy...he had way more than Roy on that team!!!!
By the way...if we have a shot of going somewhere in palyoffs this season...Subban can bring us to a higher level...and you all know it. Don't give him the bank...but get him signed ****ing soon 'cause this is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Jerk Store*

Exactly...thanks! (his shot and the fact that he is close to the same height...offensive force,etc... reminds me of Diaz a bit).
Cheers!

Back to Subban talk...

No matter how good Diaz will be...we need to be better (get Subban signed to a Benn contract NOW!!).

You know, other people watch L'Antichambre. Be original.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
this is no shot at you specifically, but people need to wake up and realize that Subban is NOT our #1 D, our number 1 D is currently playing and performing very well, and making the team around him better.

Was PK our #1 defenseman when he logged 30 mins a night carrying Hal Gill as his partner against a relentless Boston Bruins forecheck in a seven game playoff series, and scoring (at the time) the game-tying goal with under a minute left with a rocket of a shot? :huh:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
You know, other people watch L'Antichambre. Be original.

About what? Benn, Subban, or Diaz being compared to Rafalski?

I don't have cable...basic cable only...so no rds or antichambre...didn't want to give my money this year for rds 'cause of miserable lockout, but tempted in getting it now! (cable!) but still without it!

So...wasn't trying to be original or unoriginal!! just saw Diaz on ctv sports and everytime Diaz shoots he reminds me a bit of rafalski...just a bit. or maybe diaz is a right handed Streit!

Or...maybe l'antichambre read my posts!!;):p:

cheers!

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Was PK our #1 defenseman when he logged 30 mins a night carrying Hal Gill as his partner against a relentless Boston Bruins forecheck in a seven game playoff series, and scoring (at the time) the game-tying goal with under a minute left with a rocket of a shot? :huh:

And...people forget that french-Quebecois dman/ex-Sen (average/very average sometimes) Subban had to babysit/take care of and as a rookie...what was his name again? (so forgetful tonight).

He did play 5-6 good games but not much more than that.

Markov is one hit away from retirement (I really hope not), but if it happens...some of you Subban-haters will be kissing Subban's *** sooner than later!! (and for the record...I'm a huge fan of the way Subban plays but not always a fan of his cocky/very arrogant personality...very colorful/entertaining...yes, but he can use several humble pies, imo... one of his brothers seems a lot more humble or maybe is just shy...and I'm not for greed IF Subban really is getting greedy but if he's just asking for a fair price...I'm siding with Subbie-Subbie-doo). And...with all the negative rumors that we can or cannot believe...there is one that is very visible...when Subban is being jumped by one or two players from the opposition...no teammate ever comes to help Subban...sad or not? reason for this? (ex: recently Gorges was hit behind by a Florida player and White came to his rescue + others.... I never saw this with Subban and this makes me obviously think..something is wrong with team mentality, or...teammates don't care enough for Subbie to defend him...troubling to me since we need Subban or someone who can play exactly like him). Come to think about it...maybe Gill once defended Subbie since Subbie raised Gill's value in the NHL market,imo, but I did like what Gill did for us (PK long-legs artist!).

Last edited:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Quite simply, last season with the departure of virtually all the experienced D, Subban was the de facto number 1 D.

Not only was he thrust into the role, he excelled at it.

If you have any other perception, I'd suggest you probe your subconscious for non-hockey related motives.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

****ing right:yo:

That tying goal from Pleks' nice/perfect pass was more than I've seen from Markov's ENTIRE playoff games with our Habs. I don't remember Markov making any of us happy/ecstatic the way Subban did with that tying goal scored against a hot Tim Thomas (we came so close to winning that game thanks to Pleks' pass and Subbie's goal). I went cuckoo for 10 minutes after Subban scored!! And let's not forget...Subban contained Crosby vs Pitts in the playoffs...and did it very well...and I'd trust Subbie to do it again vs Crosby or Malkin or any superstar in the NHL...Subban can skate with and contain the best of them (#1dman...you're darn right). Markov...I'd give him a weaker/slower player...Markov can't skate/follow/faster stars...he has to hope he can ''out-chess'' them with cerebral positioning, but to contain a Crosby or a Malkin...you need more than chess/positioning...you need a Subban (great/fast skating...but no he's not a #1dman...our $5.75mil Markov is since he's always there to help us...it still feels like a mirage when I see #79 out there!! been so so long since he showed up healthy).

I'm not for cocky/arrogant Subban if it is true that he's a cocky ******...but I'm all for Subban the dman we badly need on the ice.
It's so depressing that the season already started and ticket holders can't even watch Subban...the most entertaining dman we've had since...I can't remember. (but still...I hope Subbie is not getting too greedy...'cause it's all a lot of money in the end...play hockey tabarouette!!).

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany

That tying goal from Pleks' nice/perfect pass was more than I've seen from Markov's ENTIRE playoff games with our Habs. I don't remember Markov making any of us happy/ecstatic the way Subban did with that tying goal scored against a hot Tim Thomas (we came so close to winning that game thanks to Pleks' pass and Subbie's goal). I went cuckoo for 10 minutes after Subban scored!! And let's not forget...Subban contained Crosby vs Pitts in the playoffs...and did it very well...and I'd trust Subbie to do it again vs Crosby or Malkin or any superstar in the NHL...Subban can skate with and contain the best of them (#1dman...you're darn right). Markov...I'd give him a weaker/slower player...Markov can't skate/follow/faster stars...he has to hope he can ''out-chess'' them with cerebral positioning, but to contain a Crosby or a Malkin...you need more than chess/positioning...you need a Subban (great/fast skating...but no he's not a #1dman...our $5.75mil Markov is since he's always there to help us...it still feels like a mirage when I see #79 out there!! been so so long since he showed up healthy).

I'm not for cocky/arrogant Subban if it is true that he's a cocky ******...but I'm all for Subban the dman we badly need on the ice.
It's so depressing that the season already started and ticket holders can't even watch Subban...the most entertaining dman we've had since...I can't remember. (but still...I hope Subbie is not getting too greedy...'cause it's all a lot of money in the end...play hockey tabarouette!!).

While Subban did have some role in stopping Crosby. I think Gill is mostly responsible for shutting down Sid. Just saying...

I'm not insinuating that PK isn't good enough. He was sure as hell good enough for us to use him on much on soo many occasions in the last 2 years as a top 2 defenseman.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Well, IF he does come back (and I think it'll happen soon), I will take winning over entertainment and I'm sure Therrien would make it happen.

BTW, there are no PK haters, just people who hate PK's attitude. I haven't bought the stuff about his attitude before, but this is a different matter and as much as I want him signed ASAP, I've lost a little respect for him. He'll make it up to me. I also wish this saga was just OVER!

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Close, but +/- is stupid and factors in PP and PK numbers in an ill-thought out manner.

5 on 5 the team was -7 in total, +13 with Subban. Leftovers were -20. Gorges was +9. So Subban was 33 goals better than the rest of the defense. Subban's main pluses were with Gorges and Kaberle. Whoever played 2nd pairing got slapped around last year playing a role they were completely out-matched at. Emelin spent the most time on the 2nd so he got the worst +/-. Kaberle-Emelin was the only 2nd pair to play neutral hockey for any length of time.

On good teams the tendancy is for the top players to have high +/- relative to team, on bad ones low (Call it the Eric Staal effect as he was the most recent victim, Plekanec got it in the face as well). Good teams tend to play their best players in a role they can't hope to win. Seeing a player playing the hardest role on a bad team and win is pretty rare.

Thank you for that clarification.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

Can you get through a post ever without finding ways to attack Markov?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Did I miss the PK vs. Markov cage match memo? Why do we have to pit the two against each other? I want him to sign just so I can stop seeing these crazy posts.

They're two different defensemen. We have a chance to have two elite D in our top 6. Let's be happy about it!

It's going to be a good test of Therrien's ego management skills to ease PK back in the room without possibly disturbing the balance of the room. I'm not implying PK's a cancer but who knows how his teammates feel about this situation. Hopefully they'll raz him good naturedly about it and get on with business.

GHG!!!!!

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Can you get through a post ever without finding ways to attack Markov?

Sorry for that. I'll try my best...but some here are taking advantage of Markov's recent health/play to put Subban down. I do hope Markov stays healthy and continues to excel...but very down Subban can't join Markov in dominating the PP. Markov...I still wouldn't give him another 3 year contract...I hope Bergevin is not that big of a clown. Time for Markov to take a paycut...$4 mil/year...one year only (or wait to see if he finally delivers something in playoffs...if he waives his no trade clause...I'd give Markov to Washington to join his friend Ovechkin for Carlson+1st Rnd Pick...one can dream!).

IF it's true...that Subban is not liked by most of his teammates and is a real cocky/arrogant jerk who is hated by the entire NHL,etc,etc...I don't like this version of Subban (major attitude, not humble at all,etc), but...I don't think I've seen a better dman wear the Habs jersey. And, Subban is one of my favorite to watch in the entire NHL (not only with our Habs...and that says a lot)...
the way he plays D, the way he passes, skates, his offense, how he is so quick to react and is smart at avoiding bodychecks and can make the play at the same time...very smart/quick/talented... I've seen many dmen play for Les Canadiens but never saw one as entertaining/flashy/talented as Subban...really want to see him in a Hab jersey again...and locked up for a long time...none of this 2 years bridge crap. Subban is a winner...I just know it...he wants it all...the Cup, Norris, playoff MVP...he wants it all...the way Roy wanted it all... And Bergevin is ****ing it all up. But on the other hand...I also hope Subban is not getting too greedy 'cause I don't want to start hating the best dman we've had in two or three decades...because of his greed and cocky/arrogant attitude. I wish Subban's father/mother would get involved and just tell him to sign and prove Bergevin wrong:sarcasm::p:...but Subban has nothing to prove to Bergevin...he has been our #1dman in the last two years and Bergevin (probably) just wants to pay him like he is a #4-5dman 'cause of a ****ing bridge.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Did I miss the PK vs. Markov cage match memo? Why do we have to pit the two against each other? I want him to sign just so I can stop seeing these crazy posts.

They're two different defensemen. We have a chance to have two elite D in our top 6. Let's be happy about it!

It's going to be a good test of Therrien's ego management skills to ease PK back in the room without possibly disturbing the balance of the room. I'm not implying PK's a cancer but who knows how his teammates feel about this situation. Hopefully they'll raz him good naturedly about it and get on with business.

GHG!!!!!

Exactly...Subban AND Markov are elite dmen (see below).

They both play for the CH and we're lucky to have them...now if only Subban can get signed. I'm going to take a crack at it (how his teammates feel)...I'm just guessing here but I'd say that his teammates are trying to win as many as they can to let Subban know he can stay home:sarcasm: (Weber still can't be happy since he's still not playing...he's probably thinking ''c'mon injury! make it happen...I need to play'').

Markov: serious, cerebral (like a Russian chess player), good composure, smart/great passer for outlet passes...and we all love his trademark across-the-ice passes during the PP (been 3 years since I've seen this pass from Markov!)...hoping he can finally deliver in playoffs (and not just stay healthy).

Subban: flashy/super talented/fast/smooth/very smart/great at protecting himself since many want to attack him and injured him (makes ****ing Cherry happy everytime)...Subban will be a Norris candidate one day...maybe a playoff MVP, maybe a Cup winner...I'd bet on it (I just hope it's with our Habs). And, I really hope it's not true...that he's a real jerk in the dressing room, a real arrogant, cocky ****. I hope it's not true 'cause I love everything about Subban on the ice (except the many penalties he takes, but...he does draw many as well, so it's balanced...but still would like to see him play again and be more disciplined...need him on the ice and not in the penalty box).

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
And...people forget that french-Quebecois dman/ex-Sen (average/very average sometimes) Subban had to babysit/take care of and as a rookie...what was his name again? (so forgetful tonight).

He did play 5-6 good games but not much more than that.

Markov is one hit away from retirement (I really hope not), but if it happens...some of you Subban-haters will be kissing Subban's *** sooner than later!! (and for the record...I'm a huge fan of the way Subban plays but not always a fan of his cocky/very arrogant personality...very colorful/entertaining...yes, but he can use several humble pies, imo... one of his brothers seems a lot more humble or maybe is just shy...and I'm not for greed IF Subban really is getting greedy but if he's just asking for a fair price...I'm siding with Subbie-Subbie-doo). And...with all the negative rumors that we can or cannot believe...there is one that is very visible...when Subban is being jumped by one or two players from the opposition...no teammate ever comes to help Subban...sad or not? reason for this? (ex: recently Gorges was hit behind by a Florida player and White came to his rescue + others.... I never saw this with Subban and this makes me obviously think..something is wrong with team mentality, or...teammates don't care enough for Subbie to defend him...troubling to me since we need Subban or someone who can play exactly like him). Come to think about it...maybe Gill once defended Subbie since Subbie raised Gill's value in the NHL market,imo, but I did like what Gill did for us (PK long-legs artist!).
We need Subban and Markov to compete with the best...

By the way, every guy in the NHL is just one hit away from his career being over, not just Markov...;)

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
About what? Benn, Subban, or Diaz being compared to Rafalski?

I don't have cable...basic cable only...so no rds or antichambre...didn't want to give my money this year for rds 'cause of miserable lockout, but tempted in getting it now! (cable!) but still without it!

So...wasn't trying to be original or unoriginal!! just saw Diaz on ctv sports and everytime Diaz shoots he reminds me a bit of rafalski...just a bit. or maybe diaz is a right handed Streit!

Or...maybe l'antichambre read my posts!!;):p:

cheers!

Don't worry man, you have some real nutjobs on these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->