Online Series: Ozark (Netflix)

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Binged it while sick as a dog a few weeks ago. Season 1 was pretty cool even if too often unrealistic regarding Marty's relations to the cartel and other criminals. Season 2 is just way too much. Too much dead-end problems with too many "easy" cop-out for the family, everything on the political front (the part where they go all House of Cards) was kind of ridiculous. Too many people eliminated without consequences. Etc.

I'll still watch season 3.

Ronald Ocean

Disregard username
Sep 12, 2008
One of my favorite shows ever after GoT and BB. Sure Marty gets lucky constantly with getting out of situations but I thought both seasons were fantastic.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Loved season one, most of it I guess. Saw signs it was losing it's way though... Haven't had a chance to watch season 2 yet, but I'm worried this is going to be yet another show that goes on too long. Too many episodes, requiring thinning out of the narrative and it starts to really suck.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
If they were smart they drop this now while everybody is chilling inside.

I just thought the same thing about ESPN's 10-part Michael Jordan documentary that's due in June.

There are NO sports to watch, the ratings would be MASSIVE. And I am sure they would move it to ABC.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Loved season one, most of it I guess. Saw signs it was losing it's way though... Haven't had a chance to watch season 2 yet, but I'm worried this is going to be yet another show that goes on too long. Too many episodes, requiring thinning out of the narrative and it starts to really suck.

Season two was pretty great.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Everything is just a little too convenient and not believable imo. It's a decent watch, but nothing spectacular. Sofia Hublitz is super cringe and awful at acting also.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Going to start watching this sometime this week w/the wife. Sounds good, is it very realistic or not overly so?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Going to start watching this sometime this week w/the wife. Sounds good, is it very realistic or not overly so?
Not realistic at all, everything always works out for the Byrdes. It is a cheap ripoff of Breaking Bad but it's not bad for what it is.

Reactions: Ozz

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
Haven't finished the season yet but you have to feel for Ben and his mental health. That scene in the psychiatric hospital with Ruth destroyed me

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Finished episode 3 and so far I’d say no. I don’t find any of the characters likeable at all
That was the genius of breaking bad. Walter and Jesse balanced on a thin line in the end, but never quite lost the audience's initial emotional investment in them. Marty and Wendy seem increasingly just plain unsympathetic characters. I'll watch next season, though, if there is one. If there isn't, well, the finale of Season Three isn't a bad ending for the show--quite good, actually.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad