Online Series: Ozark (Netflix)

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
I watched the first episode but found it too dark, slow and gloomy to really get into. But I really liked seeing Bateman take a much more serious role and given the reviews its been getting ill give it another crack tonight

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
saw the trailer a long time ago but skipped the series because it's 64% on rotten tomatoes, which is a travesty

rating doesn't do it justice

Reactions: RayP

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Tonight Tonight Tonight!
This is like Breaking Bad for me. No one I know watches it (yet), it’s not perfect but it’s enthralling. Can’t wait.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I still have a problem with how the show doesn't leverage the strength of the criminal organizations it portrays. The cartel wouldn't have let these two-bit hillbillies and Kanas City mafia push them around. For how brutal they portray the cartel they seem to let slights pass to main characters pretty easy.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I still have a problem with how the show doesn't leverage the strength of the criminal organizations it portrays. The cartel wouldn't have let these two-bit hillbillies and Kanas City mafia push them around. For how brutal they portray the cartel they seem to let slights pass to main characters pretty easy.

this is all true but required for storytelling

Breaking Bad would have ended in season 1 if we applied logic to that too

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Midway through Season 2 and I gotta say, I think this show has really stepped it up a notch

Laura Linney is absolutely killing it this season! Bateman too

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Midway through Season 2 and I gotta say, I think this show has really stepped it up a notch

Laura Linney is absolutely killing it this season!

When is she not? :)

The woman is an absolute juggernaut of an actress. She's cast perfectly in Ozark on top of that.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Charlotte looks nothing like the rest of her family. She's way too exotic looking to be the offspring of Bateman and Linney

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
There’s a lot of bad human beings on this show but Marty is possibly the worst. He acts like he cares about his family but he only cares about what he thinks is in their (and therefore his) best interest.

this is all true but required for storytelling

Breaking Bad would have ended in season 1 if we applied logic to that too

I felt like it wasn’t as obvious in Breaking Bad until the later seasons. This show, while great, has been really bad since day one.

Bruce Wayne

Jul 31, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
There’s a lot of bad human beings on this show but Marty is possibly the worst. He acts like he cares about his family but he only cares about what he thinks is in their (and therefore his) best interest.

I felt like it wasn’t as obvious in Breaking Bad until the later seasons. This show, while great, has been really bad since day one.
Ya know that makes no sense, right?

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I don't think Season 2 finished particularly strong

It seemed to get a little too silly towards the end with
Mason kidnapping Wendy
Charlotte wanting to be emancipated
the Snells surviving their assassination attempt
Cade killing Petty
Darlene killing Jacob
, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: