Online Series: Ozark (Netflix)

Jul 17, 2006
New Zealand
A Chicago-based financial advisor secretly relocates his family to the Missouri Ozarks when his dealings with a drug cartel go awry.

Anyone else started watching this? Am halfway through the season and really enjoying it, Jason Bateman is great in it. Can see it being compared to Breaking Bad cause of the whole seemingly regular white guy does secret criminal ****. Haven't enjoyed a Netflix show this much since the first couple of HoC seasons

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Just finished the 2nd episode, looks good so far, though i'm not completely sold on Bateman yet.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I finished the season. I liked it. Obviously it's extremely outlandish but I was still entertained. It was like a poor man's Breaking Bad meets a poor man's True Detective. My main gripe with it was:

[spoil]Too many people knew his secret. It was ridiculous. Felt like I was watching Arrow [/spoil]

Great cinematography too if you are into those long, ominous shots.

Last edited:

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
I watched it and it started off great but I think it grew old near the end of the season

maybe it's just me - would be interesting to see how it goes from here

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Just watched the first. Despite being utterly ridiculous it is entertaining. I like the acting. Waaaaay too much blue and grey filter though.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
It's twisted enough to keep my attention. The darkness of the show sets you up to think literally anything can happen in any scene. A lot of interesting characters. Bateman doesn't quite fit but somehow it works. His quirks add nuance. The season wrapped without a huge cliffhanger so they can take it in a variety of directions. Definitely hoping for a second season.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
The FBI guy in this bears more than a passing resemblance to the Michael Shannon character on Boardwalk Empire.

Reactions: Plural

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Watched two episodes, pretty dumb show, with a ridiculous premise. Sure, tell your secrets to a bunch of hillbillies that stole your money, surely that will turn out well. The best part so far was Del killing all those dudes. "What would my father do?" Oh please. On the fence whether I will continue watching. Only if you promise me more people will die gruesomely.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Read somewhere that they have 5 seasons planned, which sounds promising. Shows that got it all planned out are usually way better than most.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Laura Linney plays the same scene stealing wife role she did on John Adams because she's awesome.

Some of Michael Bluth's choices to continually appease the redneck heroin family are odd. Namely, him handing them several hundred thousand dollars for no reason. There's one point where he has a cartel killer following him around. Why not ask that guy to take care of those idiots?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
There's one point where he has a cartel killer following him around. Why not ask that guy to take care of those idiots?
Because the entire reason that Del let him live in the first place is because he told Del that he had a plan in place already and laundering the money would be smooth sailing. If he starts asking Del to take care of his problems down there it becomes apparent to Del that he has no clue what he was doing. Granted there should have been a dozen other things that tipped Del off about that but he wasn't about to ask his boss for help with something he told him would be no problem. Tons of other ridiculous things about the Snells though. Like how they're supposedly the biggest, meanest family in the area and they have ONE henchman around them who they still have to give instructions on what to do even though he was apparently distributing for them on the lake for years.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
On episode 6. Loving the show so far but it is getting pretty ramped up right away. Usually these types of shows you see the main character have some success off the bat and then run into obstacles. Marty is hitting roadblocks at pretty much every turn.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
On episode 6. Loving the show so far but it is getting pretty ramped up right away. Usually these types of shows you see the main character have some success off the bat and then run into obstacles. Marty is hitting roadblocks at pretty much every turn.

The story arc is unique in that it flows like a normal bell curve and nearly finds resolution at the end of the season. It can stand alone as is or go in a variety of directions in a hypothetical season 2.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Finished the first season, entertaining watch. Good way to spent your time while waiting for Gomorrah and Narcos new season. ;)

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
I really liked it. Thought all the characters were well done. Sure it is over the top and silly, but it is fun entertainment (with enough reality to make it somewhat plausible) much like Breaking Bad was.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I really dug the first season of this show. Surprised by Bateman's acting chops and loved how quick on his feet his character was.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
OK show. Lots of stupid things, and highly unrealistic, done by many of the characters but overall an enjoyable show. You can see its influence by Breaking Bad but it's nowhere near that calibre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad