Owen Sound Attack 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Good bounce back game for the guys. The guys really had a good rebound game tonight, the second frame continues to be a work in progress throughout this season.

Although the team really seemed to struggle in the middle frame giving up 3 goals on 11 Otter chances the team really buckled down in the 3rd to split the weekend doubleheader weekend versus the Otters. Guzer probably would like that squeak goal back but that's the way the bounces go sometimes.

Onward to Kitchener Friday and Windsor Saturday night.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Had the pleasure of sitting by a group of Attack fans both Friday and Saturday night at the games. Class acts, all roughly 40 of them in attendance, to cheer on your squad. It is awesome when friendly trash talking can have a sense of humor and lightheartedness given the playoff race/standings :)

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Had the pleasure of sitting by a group of Attack fans both Friday and Saturday night at the games. Class acts, all roughly 40 of them in attendance, to cheer on your squad. It is awesome when friendly trash talking can have a sense of humor and lightheartedness given the playoff race/standings :)

Always enjoyed seeing a game at the EIA over the years, did not make the trip this time around although the times I did the Otters fans are always enthusiastic and generally socially friendly fans. Our booster club has always made the trip to Erie, PA for the doubleheader weekend versus the Otters and hopefully some Otters fans will be making the trip to Owen Sound on Feb 22nd and 23th for the second doubleheader between the Attack and Otters.

Reactions: Mata

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Always enjoyed seeing a game at the EIA over the years, did not make the trip this time around although the times I did the Otters fans are always enthusiastic and generally socially friendly fans. Our booster club has always made the trip to Erie, PA for the doubleheader weekend versus the Otters and hopefully some Otters fans will be making the trip to Owen Sound on Feb 22nd and 23th for the second doubleheader between the Attack and Otters.

Not sure it is in the works for my family this year, but will definitely keep in mind for next season when we get our new ID cards so we don't need a passport to visit our neighbors up north!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Not sure it is in the works for my family this year, but will definitely keep in mind for next season when we get our new ID cards so we don't need a passport to visit our neighbors up north!
Always welcome here !

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Well, big weekend against Rangers & Spits. We need the points. Can we win?.....yes if the team plays a full 60 min. game like we have sporadically seen. Nothing new...consistency is needed to get to the playoffs.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Well, big weekend against Rangers & Spits. We need the points. Can we win?.....yes if the team plays a full 60 min. game like we have sporadically seen. Nothing new...consistency is needed to get to the playoffs.

Any combination that results in two points should be considered a good weekend given how hungry all three teams will be for points. Anything beyond two would be a bonus.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
It'll be important for sure to pick up at least 2 points this weekend. Also be watching the out of town scores for pretty much the remainder of the season. A weekend getting shut out of any points can put this OS team on the outside looking in. -GO ATTACK GO-

Reactions: AttackSound

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
I see Machacek got 4 games for the hit @ Erie. Eligible to return on Feb. 12th. Guess that will give rookies an opportunity to play.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
How has Perrott progressed this year in the Sound?
Playing a heavy game?
Foot speed? Mobility?

Perrott is a rock solid d-man who plays a lot of heart and soul and is as tough as nails he plays a great defensive style game and fears no one out there.

AP was a great addition to the team and has been a great shutdown guy for the team.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Tonight's game was certainly summed up by how the coaches feel.

The guys had opportunities after opportunities to pull away but just couldn't get over the hurdle tonight, against the Rangers. Good to see the guys outshoot the Rangers tonight but with very few dangerous chances tonight the time really ran out on the guys to claw back into the game.

Hopefully a better fate tomorrow versus the Spitfires.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
It appears by the postgame comments, that Coach is little frustrated with the lack of execution .

He talks about drawing up a play, only to have the boys not run it.

Does that elude to skillset, and Hockey i.q. ?

Reactions: Pond Hockey

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
Good game from the Attack last night! Where is everyone?

It’s odd, they played one of there best games of the year. There’s one or two posters that seem on only post during doom and gloom. Human nature I guess, but surprising

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Good game from the Attack last night! Where is everyone?
I wondered the same thing. Superbowl? Nice to see the young guns get some goals, esp. LeSage's first goal. Kid has been patient waiting for his turn to play. Nice win by Chenard although I'm sure he would want that first goal back. Sun Times articles indicates that Attack looking to rest Guzda closer to playoff time so looks like Chenard may get more playing time.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Also, at autograph session last night, (not many fans/kids there, too bad). Wilson indicated he would probably be out until end of Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad