Owen Sound Attack 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
The original post was from 'Leafsrdue', not me.

There's a trend from some that love to run on here when they lose and rant and rave, not so much regarding a win. I got a message from someone who posts on here a decent amount mentioning it as well. It is what it is. Even here we are not talking about last night's 11 - 1 win. Based on your previous posts, had it been an 11-1 loss, you would have commented, that's not really balanced.

If they deserve the scorn when they lose, they deserve equal time when they win.

I look forward to you leading the charge then.
Already started! With my post praising the boys for the 6 goals vs. Windsor. Which you found a way to turn into a negative by focusing on the Kitchener loss.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Team played about as picture perfect of a road game as you could get in this league, yes we can look at the simple fact that yes Niagara did sell off at the deadline by moving 2 big pieces and yes would Niagara have been different if their tender didn't get hurt earlier in the season maybe, and DD did a minor tweak at the deadline.

Having said that there's no doubt you take out the PP goal against and you couldn't get any more of a textbook road win, they shutdown the Ice Dogs chances limiting their opportunities and clicking on their own throughout the night.

The impressive thing was even though not getting the edge on any of the 4 PP chances for the night 7 different guys hit the back of the twine and MG stood on his head with the limited grade A dangerous chances that the Ice Dogs took.

The amazing thing is the guys only took two penalties all night and out of both of them the guys played 4 on 4 with an even up call to the Dogs. Now onward to Erie Saturday night and a chance to close out another tight weekend.

Statistically, the best game of the season.

Subtle things happening here. More and more rookies getting into the lineup, and contributing.

The PP continues to struggle, something you really need come playoff time. Maybe, as previously stated, due to lack of a sniper ?
Popov is looking more and more like a steal for the Attack.

Nice to see everyone put on work boots and dig in .

Keep that monentum going in Erie, fellas.

Well done !!
Couldn't agree more! Talk about a message received about execution, 17 goals over the past two games. Well done all around. The guys should have plenty of confidence heading into Erie.

Only bad thing was seeing McLean left in net like that, which someone else mentioned.

I've said this a few times now...if the team can play this well consistently, I think they have the ability to knock off a top-4 seed in the first round.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Have to feel for MacLean last night. Surely fired up to have a good game against his hold team, then his current team not only gives him that kind of performance, but then the coaches leave him in for all 11 goals.

Never like to see that.

Tend to agree for as much as it was nice to see the guys flex their offensive abilities in St. Catherine's last night. Looking at the the other side of the game what was the Ice Dogs thinking out of the 11 goals scored on MacLean if not all of the goals but a good portion of them were defensive breakdowns by the Ice Dogs defense and then instead of shaking their team up with a tender change they left MacLean in to get shelled by the offensive onslaught of the Attack. As I stated before and the Niagara commentators really shielded the light on this that once the Dogs decided to unload Thomas and Tomasino that they were committing to a rebuild. The only reason I could think of why a team leaves a tender in to get shelled falls under two reasons either the Ice Dogs wanted to see if MacLean could dig them out of the hole they were in after the 1st period or they're looking ahead to a game that is more meaningful to there standings place. Either way 3 agree with you PF101, sometimes you can't feel anything more then what was the Niagara coach thinking leaving you goalie out to hang high and dry not once but several times last night.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
I've been quiet this year here and at the rink (only 1 game so far :-( ) but I have watched almost all the games online. I like the group. Not a lot of flash, not many true snipers but quite a few guys with a nose for the net and what to do in and around it. There is a solid 3 lines and each night one or two seem to step up. A capable d-core and a goalie that is starting to look comfortable and mature. Puck movement is great which includes the power play. Coaches should be commended. I think the young core is decent and we will continue to enjoy good hockey next year. I don't think many teams would want to play us in the playoffs. Looking forward to watching the game tonight and heading to the game Wednesday. Go Attack Go!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Big 4 pt weekend , nice to see many first year players with great weekends.

PP still needs,,,,,,something?

One in Erie tonight, Erie had all the chances.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Team had a good weekend of hockey, 15-4 in 6 periods of hockey is something that was impressive, tonight's game was a bit tighter of a game all around versus the Otters but when it counted guys like Pearson really stepped up especially tonight when the Otters shutdown the top line.

Lawrence has been a surprise the last few weeks he's really starting to get more comfortable with his size going and could be a big piece coming down the stretch let him fill out and get more confident with his size and this kid could be a beast when he reaches his NHL draft year. At '6 "5 228 at 16 now he could be a real surprise when he reaches that 3rd year in the league.

With 18 games left it will be a real race to stay ahead of the Storm for 6th place, but with the way this team has picked up their socks of late it's no a stretch to see the team lock-down the 6th spot for the playoffs. 5th might be a bit of a stretch right now but certainly in the realm of possibilities if scoreboard watching falls in the right order coming down to the last week of the regular season could raise some eyebrows.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Kaleb Pearson currently sits with the Attacks goals scored leaders..

Proof the under 18 draft has been a good thing for the Attack. Credit to Joey Hishon for bringing him onboard. It should be noted, he was picked by Flint, but returned to Stratford,where Joey watched him play.

Logan LeSage has looked fine aswell, when he's gotten into the lineup.

And Wilson has been a solid addition as well.

Not sure if there are is any other team with 3 under 18 draftees on the roster.

Reactions: Noofgoof

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002

Proof the under 18 draft has been a good thing for the Attack. Credit to Joey Hishon for bringing him onboard. It should be noted, he was picked by Flint, but returned to Stratford,where Joey watched him play.

Apparently Sedley was also one of Hishon's finds. Joey has been a great addition to the hockey ops department for sure.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019

It was a textbook road game for about 50 of the 60 minutes that they played. It would be nice if they could lock things in a bit, be steady with the lead, however as they say, good teams find a way to win, bad teams find a way to lose.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019

Probably not enough is said of the success that the team has had with the U18 draft. LeSage was pretty good in both games, although limited minutes in Erie.

Goure on the top line is fun to watch, he's going to be a heck of a player down the line. The core of 03s have all been fairly impressive, which is exciting long term.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
Probably not enough is said of the success that the team has had with the U18 draft. LeSage was pretty good in both games, although limited minutes in Erie.

Goure on the top line is fun to watch, he's going to be a heck of a player down the line. The core of 03s have all been fairly impressive, which is exciting long term.
Yes all our rookies are impressing me but Goure is really coming into his own.The pieces are falling into place to be very solid in the next few years.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Well, 4 games in 6 nights/day. Boys will have to be on their toes and keep the focus on the game their are playing that night and not be looking ahead to the next one. The way they are currently playing, they can certainly win these games. Guelph beat London last night so they will be on a high come Friday night. Will be interesting to see which games Chenard plays as I don't think Guz should play all of them.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Well, 4 games in 6 nights/day. Boys will have to be on their toes and keep the focus on the game their are playing that night and not be looking ahead to the next one. The way they are currently playing, they can certainly win these games. Guelph beat London last night so they will be on a high come Friday night. Will be interesting to see which games Chenard plays as I don't think Guz should play all of them.

Agreed, you can't expect Guzer to play all 4 this long weekend.

If you want to keep the guys fresh logically speaking NC should get the nod tonight at home then go back to MG Friday in the Royal city. Depending upon who gets in a groove then put that guy in Saturday's game against the Pete's before deciding on who will start Monday in Oshawa.

That way both guys see ice this week without burning either of them out, and if either gets in a groove then the coaches can ride the hot tender Monday afternoon at TCC versus the Generals.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Team has seemed to get in a groove and a tidy string of victories of late.
(6-2) vs. Windsor
(11-1) vs. Niagara
(4-3) vs. Erie
(5-1) vs. Hamilton

26-GF
7-GA

If the guys can continue this momentum into the long-weekend it could make for a very interesting finish to the season, with the final quarter push ahead of the guys it's very much in the realm of outcomes that closing the gap of the Spitfires and 5th is very much a reality.

The schedule will be tight but with any bit of luck the team can make a big push before the final weekend of the season. The next 3 games of the week will prove to be valuable points to say the least, not also in staying ahead of the Storm but to close in on Windsor.

TO Attack Fan

Mar 4, 2018
Greg Cowan writes:

"Matt Philip is out with an undisclosed injury but the prognosis sounds worrying as (Jordan) Hill said the team hopes to have the over-age winger back before playoffs."

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
The boys are playing very well! I'm the first person, to get down on the goaltending. But credit where it's due, he has played solid of late! Keep it rolling boys!

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
Good evening Attack fans a friend of mine is with the 121 Red Arrows Air Cadet Sqd in Guelph and they do Guelph Storm tickets as a fundraiser. They have discount tickets available for the game against the Attack tomorrow night. Tickets are 18.00 each or 17.00 for 3 or more. They are in section 104 rows 2, 3, and 4. The Attack shoot twice at that end. Yes these are legitimate tickets. They have been doing this fundraiser for many years with the Guelph Storm. If you are interested please go to the 121 Red Arrows web page and the contact information is there. Or you can contact Tim at [email protected] or text at 519 546 6116.

Reactions: KFawcett and OSMike

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
Our PP is horrendous... big game like this one and a 5 min pp can’t generate anything.. Guzda needs to save that penalty shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad