Owen Sound Attack 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
Lol when has a 5th or 6th round pick made a name for himself in Owen Sound?? Everyone knows the important picks are 2nd and 3rd because you can’t trade your 1st... we have no 2nds... that’s big in the OHL..

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
Lol when has a 5th or 6th round pick made a name for himself in Owen Sound?? Everyone knows the important picks are 2nd and 3rd because you can’t trade your 1st... we have no 2nds... that’s big in the OHL..
Yes 2nd's and 3rd's are important but as noted above Hancock, Sean Durzi . Going back Dan Snyder was a 7th and Joel Ward was I believe 14th rd.Others that were solid players drafted late were Angeledis,Lehun,Jeff MacDermid,Zanoski, K MacDermid I could keep going but I think we can see it's possible to get solid players later. Yes stars go in the first 3 rds but you need the others to win . Also note we do have a second in 2020 now.

Reactions: Noofgoof

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
You don't really even have to look that hard to find a 6th round pick that may end up being quite good.

Nick Chenard is having one of the best rookie goalie seasons the Attack have seen in a while, he was a 6th round pick....

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Probably the worse defensive performance I've watched this year. #2 and #8 step it up...
Oshawas 4th goal was absolutely brutal coverage and effort from Robertson. He made zero effort it was quite disappointing for a 19 year old. there were also a ton of defensive miscues from younger guys in the game but those are expected. The first period on the other hand looked like OS coulda scored about 5 goals but just couldn't finish.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Last nights game was plain and simple the Generals outworked us, no one guy looked great out there for us and the whole team effort was off.

NC probably would've liked to have a few of those goals back but when you give a top club like the Generals chance after chance eventually they will burn you on the scoreboard. Hopefully that it was just an off day of playing on an off day and not a typical Wednesday night.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Last nights game was plain and simple the Generals outworked us, no one guy looked great out there for us and the whole team effort was off.

NC probably would've liked to have a few of those goals back but when you give a top club like the Generals chance after chance eventually they will burn you on the scoreboard. Hopefully that it was just an off day of playing on an off day and not a typical Wednesday night.
I'm a General fan coming in peace, couldn't watch or listened to the game was at work but the generals only had 1 shot on net in the 3rd and that was the game winner, so Owen Sound did something right in the 3rd just didn't have luck in scoring.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
I'm a General fan coming in peace, couldn't watch or listened to the game was at work but the generals only had 1 shot on net in the 3rd and that was the game winner, so Owen Sound did something right in the 3rd just didn't have luck in scoring.

agreed - stats don't support the gens outworking the attack or getting "chance after chance"? 1 shot in the 3rd, and outshot 37 26. Attack get 13 shots in 3rd and score 1, while Gens get 1 shot in the entire period, while on PP and score.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Oshawas 4th goal was absolutely brutal coverage and effort from Robertson. He made zero effort it was quite disappointing for a 19 year old. there were also a ton of defensive miscues from younger guys in the game but those are expected. The first period on the other hand looked like OS coulda scored about 5 goals but just couldn't finish.

A tale of two teams.

Attack has a lot of veterans who excell at passing the puck.

The Gennies have snipers who don't miss within 3 ft of the net.

Reactions: TO Attack Fan

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
agreed - stats don't support the gens outworking the attack or getting "chance after chance"? 1 shot in the 3rd, and outshot 37 26. Attack get 13 shots in 3rd and score 1, while Gens get 1 shot in the entire period, while on PP and score.
The Attack take a ton of perimeter shots.
The Gennies scored 5 within 3 ft of the net.

Reactions: Noofgoof

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

Take the stats out of the equation or more the statistical numbers away and look at the scoring opportunities the Generals had versus the Attack ones and Oshawa made the most of theirs and Owen Sound didn't plain and simple no two ways about it. SOG and PP chances don't always tell the full picture sometimes.

leafsrdue

Oct 4, 2014
Anybody have a good angle on the Hatcher hit. Looked dirty from the replay, can't believe there was not a penalty. Good on Robertson for stepping in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad