Owen Sound Attack 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
It was a clean hit, but predatory.

He took a run at Dudas. I'd be surprised if Hatcher wasn't suspended.

I doubt the gets anything. Shoulder to shoulder, wasn't charging, Dudas wasn't hurt, wasn't a penalty on the ice, Hatcher hasnt been suspended once the last 2 years. I don't see what warrants a suspension. I'd be shocked if he gets one

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
It was a clean hit. Was shoulder to shoulder, didn't touch his head, even with the height difference

Clean hit not clean hit OS coach was not a happy man at the end of the game would imagine the dispute would be disciplinary regardless of whether the hit intentional or not is water under the bridge if the league deems it is needing a second look they will.

Last edited:

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Anybody have a good angle on the Hatcher hit. Looked dirty from the replay, can't believe there was not a penalty. Good on Robertson for stepping in.

It was clean. The league will have to determine if it was blindside predatory hit, unsuspecting player.

They are anxious to get this type of hit and subsequent injury out of the game.

There was a long animated conversation after the game between Letang and the refs.

Reactions: HockeyPops

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I don't disagree, but under what guise what would you suspend him since you said the hit was clean?
Unsuspecting player, didnotsee the hit coming.

Hatcher skated from his position on the left side of the blue line to hit him.

We'll wait to find out how the league sees it

Jim1579

Feb 10, 2015
Unsuspecting player, didnotsee the hit coming.

Hatcher skated from his position on the left side of the blue line to hit him.

We'll wait to find out how the league sees it
They teach you at a very young age to skate with your head up!! Was not a dirty hit as point of contact is the shoulder and not his head. If Hatcher is suspended for that hit it will show how much of a joke this league has become under Mr.Branch

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
They teach you at a very young age to skate with your head up!! Was not a dirty hit as point of contact is the shoulder and not his head. If Hatcher is suspended for that hit it will show how much of a joke this league has become under Mr.Branch

Rulebook is black and white whether you agree or disagree is your own opinion. The game is over and the final buzzer gone if the league believes that it is deemed a suspendible infraction then they will look at it closer. What happens beyond that is up to the league office to review plain and simple.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
I doubt the gets anything. Shoulder to shoulder, wasn't charging, Dudas wasn't hurt, wasn't a penalty on the ice, Hatcher hasnt been suspended once the last 2 years. I don't see what warrants a suspension. I'd be shocked if he gets one
Although I dont see any discipline coming to Hatcher Dudas did look injured and went to the dressing room without returning the rest of the game. But IMO it was a clean although very hard hit... and as a fan of hockey I loved it.. as a fan of the Attack I cringe a bit but thats hockey.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
will show how much of a joke this league has become under Mr.Branch
When I read your post it made me think “I wonder how long Branch has been the OHL commissioner?” Looked it up its been since 1979 so 40 years roughly. I am not a huge Branch fan by any means but he is taking his time making it a joke at that rate. Someone likes him I guess just not you and I!’

Reactions: Noofgoof

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
It was without a doubt a clean hit. A hard one and one you would hope that Dudas would have seen coming, but there's nothing to be upset about really, Woolley does the same thing once every game. Interesting the team is now 6-3-0-1 in their last 10 and 1 point back of Guelph and two points back from Flint.

On another note, Guzda the recent stetch probably has alot to do with this...

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Beg to differ. Dudas was hurt on that hit. Possibly a separate shoulder. The ambulance at the back of the arena was not there after the game so I assume they took him to the hospital for xrays, etc. Sure hope he is ok and an play in Erie. No need for that kind of hit from Hatcher.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
Beg to differ. Dudas was hurt on that hit. Possibly a separate shoulder. The ambulance at the back of the arena was not there after the game so I assume they took him to the hospital for xrays, etc. Sure hope he is ok and an play in Erie. No need for that kind of hit from Hatcher.

Jordan Hill said in the paper that it was a clean hit and they expect Dudas to be fine.

Attack shut out Sting 5-0

“He’ll have a little soreness, but all-in-all I think he’ll be fine for this weekend,” Hill said.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
It did look like Dudas was standing down at the end of the rink watching the last minute or two of the game still in some of his gear maybe holding an ice pack but it was hard to tell from down near the other end of the arena. They even showed him on the jumbo tron.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Thanks. Also read those interviews so glad to hear he'll be okay. Certainly don't want to lose any players to injury. Wilson stil out with orbital bone injury. Any word on when he'll be back?

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Jordan Hill said in the paper that it was a clean hit and they expect Dudas to be fine.

Attack shut out Sting 5-0

“He’ll have a little soreness, but all-in-all I think he’ll be fine for this weekend,” Hill said.
Looks like a clean hit from this point of view. But I can see where fans of the Attack may not be happy with this
type of hit in a meaningless point of the game.
I suspect that could be part of the ire shown here.

It may not be much of a comfort but your Attack would be 3 points up on Sudbury for first place in the Central!

Last edited:

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
It did look like Dudas was standing down at the end of the rink watching the last minute or two of the game still in some of his gear maybe holding an ice pack but it was hard to tell from down near the other end of the arena. They even showed him on the jumbo tron.
No, Carter Robertson

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
It may not be much of a comfort but your Attack would be 3 points up on Sudbury for first place in the Central!

and 19 of 25 remaining games for the Wolves are against sub 500 teams!

there are only 8 teams playing under 500 in the entire league.

Reactions: Noofgoof

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Too bad Struts got the hook tonight. They could have used his production .

How many Friday night games has the Attack lost over the years in Dr-erie ?

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
For the past few seasons, here are the series results from OS in Erie. I didn't include the Bayshore, but it would be interesting to compare.

2018-2019
Wed, Nov 28OS2ER1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Fri, Jan 11OS1ER2Final OT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sat, Jan 12OS2ER3Final
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

2017-2018
Sat, Oct 21OS4ER6
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sun, Oct 22OS3ER4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Thu, Mar 1OS4ER0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

2016-2017
Fri, Oct 21OS4ER3Final OT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sat, Oct 22OS2ER5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Tue, Nov 8OS1ER5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

2015-2016
Fri, Dec 4OS2ER3Final SO
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sat, Dec 5OS0ER5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Thu, Mar 17
OS2ER6
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

2014-2015
Wed, Dec 3OS3ER4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Fri, Feb 13OS3ER4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sat, Feb 14OS5ER4Final OT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

2013-2014
Wed, Oct 9OS2ER3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Fri, Jan 3OS3ER2Final OT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sat, Jan 4OS3ER5Final
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Millpond

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
For the past few seasons, here are the series results from OS in Erie. I didn't include the Bayshore, but it would be interesting to compare.

2018-2019
Wed, Nov 28OS2ER1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Fri, Jan 11OS1ER2Final OT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sat, Jan 12OS2ER3Final
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2017-2018
Sat, Oct 21OS4ER6
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sun, Oct 22OS3ER4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Thu, Mar 1OS4ER0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2016-2017
Fri, Oct 21OS4ER3Final OT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sat, Oct 22OS2ER5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Tue, Nov 8OS1ER5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2015-2016
Fri, Dec 4OS2ER3Final SO
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sat, Dec 5OS0ER5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Thu, Mar 17OS2ER6
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2014-2015
Wed, Dec 3OS3ER4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Fri, Feb 13OS3ER4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sat, Feb 14OS5ER4Final OT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2013-2014
Wed, Oct 9OS2ER3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Fri, Jan 3OS3ER2Final OT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sat, Jan 4OS3ER5Final
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
.So 5 w, 13 l

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Not the greatest start to the doubleheader games in Erie.

Good to see the guys shutdown the Otters PP's but winning draws is what really put a wrench in the clawing back in this one. Hope's for better result tomorrow in the back half of the doubleheader weekend in Erie.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Not the greatest start to the doubleheader games in Erie.

Good to see the guys shutdown the Otters PP's but winning draws is what really put a wrench in the clawing back in this one. Hope's for better result tomorrow in the back half of the doubleheader weekend in Erie.
Turnovers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad