Owen Sound Attack 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I liked the teams performance in Peterborough.

First time Dudas and Struthers in the lineup together .

Four rookies with points.

Guzda was very good .

Balanced scoring .
Full 60 min effort. I'll take that any time .

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Need second round picks.... does management actually think we are good enough now to contend or is Degray just very stubborn?
Well interestingly we have 4 on our roster that were drafted by us. Not including ones who were traded to us and not including the U18 draft. Whats more interesting is it is 2 from 2017 (Guzda and Igor) and 2 from 2019 (Lawrence and Burroughs). The line up is however made up of many 2nds just not ones we drafted.

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
Message to DD trade trade trade. When you look around and there is only a cpl teams below you in the standings regardless of the record you have it means we need to sell and continue with the rebuild so in a couple years we look down and not up in the standings to see where the other teams are.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
While trade deadline can be an exciting time, it's always advisable to wait a couple weeks and see how things shake out.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Looks like we traded some picks with Hamilton.

We get a 2nd in 2020. We lose a 2nd in 2022 and a 3rd in 2024.

Net loss of a 3rd round pick.

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
If that is all our GM has done. It’s time for a new GM. In this league you can’t do half ass jobs and expect to win a championship. Yes you can stay competitive and possibly catch lightning in a bottle once in a while. But that is not the way to run a team in this league specially in the division we are in. He has not done the greatest at the draft table. Not getting a competent goaltender when we had all the horses to go out and win an ohl championship. (Yes regardless of price. We could have recouped those assets the following year). The hiring of Todd Gill was huge mistake. Waiting too long in trading Suzuki cost us some picks. Wasting picks on Struthers (OA)when it is more then apparent we are not competing. Not selling off this year and reaping the benefits of more draft picks along with falling and gaining a higher first round pick. And now giving up a third to swap 2nd round picks.thanks for the run but Sorry DD that’s just too many strikes against you in a very short period of time. I do believe it is time for a younger fresher look at how to operate an OHL team. The fans of Grey Bruce deserve that.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
DD drives me crazy with these 2nd for 2nd+ trades. This is like the 3rd or 4th time he’s done this and it’s always to our disadvantage. How about not getting us into these lack of picks predicaments to begin with??

It's about the time value of money, or in this case the draft pick. The second this year likely brings a player thats more valuable sooner than whatever value the two picks provide later on.

But totally agreed when this is done many times it becomes a problem. Just nickel and diming the cupboard at this point.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Just because the team didn't make a big flash at the deadline, doesn't mean I won't be cheering for them just as hard to win . I support the players regardless.

For all the wheeling and dealing, 19 teams won't 'win ' at the end .

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Just because the team didn't make a big flash at the deadline, doesn't mean I won't be cheering for them just as hard to win . I support the players regardless.

You can cheer hard for the team to win and want them to do things better, they're not mutually exclusive.

So hoping they keep the win streak going tonight against Kingston, and simultaneously hopping on the #degrayout bandwagon.

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.

Agreed I’ll always cheer for the team but it’s time to get rid of degray. This is a league where you are to learn your trade and graduate to the next level. And right now sorry to say I don’t think he would get another job in this league once he gets let go. I’m starting to think we have one of the worst GM. With his asset management. And failure to evaluate his team properly. Two of the worst things a GM can do

Reactions: Bear in the Woods

Bear in the Woods

Nov 21, 2017
One might assume that this GM’s complacency is the reason so many top prospects / draft picks will not report to Owen Sound.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Team played a good game against the Frontenacs, and yeah to state the obvious points that OS and KGN aren't powerhouse clubs this season would be stating the obvious points.

Nevertheless the team played a full 60+ minute effort win or lose tonight against the Frontenacs, if this is a small glimpse of what the future holds in the remaining second half games this season then I certainly don't mind coming up short as long as this team is competitive moving forward into the future and towards next season.

The talent is there in guys like Lawrence, Samanski, Goure, Sedley, Burroughs they may not have the experience yet having only played in close to 20 or so games this year, but the team is showing that they are still competing.

With a days rest and reset before playing in the nation's capital versus the 67's could be more beneficial by the end of the weekend and forward.

With more games like tonight's the effort of the direction this team is going moving forward is certainly a positive. Patience will be key for fans now the game results maybe tight and hair-pulling to watch but it will be worth it moving into next season and forward, if the team can yield a draft like they did last April this April in there first few rounds we could be seeing the building blocks to another good roster in a season or two.

Bear in the Woods

Nov 21, 2017
Team played a good game against the Frontenacs, and yeah to state the obvious points that OS and KGN aren't powerhouse clubs this season would be stating the obvious points.

Nevertheless the team played a full 60+ minute effort win or lose tonight against the Frontenacs, if this is a small glimpse of what the future holds in the remaining second half games this season then I certainly don't mind coming up short as long as this team is competitive moving forward into the future and towards next season.

The talent is there in guys like Lawrence, Samanski, Goure, Sedley, Burroughs they may not have the experience yet having only played in close to 20 or so games this year, but the team is showing that they are still competing.

With a days rest and reset before playing in the nation's capital versus the 67's could be more beneficial by the end of the weekend and forward.

With more games like tonight's the effort of the direction this team is going moving forward is certainly a positive. Patience will be key for fans now the game results maybe tight and hair-pulling to watch but it will be worth it moving into next season and forward, if the team can yield a draft like they did last April this April in there first few rounds we could be seeing the building blocks to another good roster in a season or two.
upload_2020-1-11_9-50-49.png

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Fundamental mistakes are costing the game this afternoon two giveaways end up in the back of the twine. Not Guzers fault but two obvious giveaways including an own goal :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad