Owen Sound Attack 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
If degrey stands pat and doesn’t trade dudas and Lyle and whatever else he can move that is an ‘00 or an ‘01. It’s time for him to be replaced. You can’t do a half assed job he needs to finish what he started last year. And he needs to get a decent ‘02 or even better an ‘03 and some draft picks for the two of them. Finishing 10th in the west this year would be a blessing and get a high 1st round draft pick this year

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
If degrey stands pat and doesn’t trade dudas and Lyle and whatever else he can move that is an ‘00 or an ‘01. It’s time for him to be replaced. You can’t do a half assed job he needs to finish what he started last year. And he needs to get a decent ‘02 or even better an ‘03 and some draft picks for the two of them. Finishing 10th in the west this year would be a blessing and get a high 1st round draft pick this year
My thoughts exactly!

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario

I'm not completely disagreeing with this take.

I do think if you are building towards the future then selling is the best option

With the major sell from last year, holding onto graduating assets might turn out to bite us in the butt.

I am wondering if Digger thinks their is a chance he gets Dudas back next year.

At this point, I'd be open to ending the playoff streak as nice as it has been.

OS has been an excellent model for consistency, but a reset might do everyone well.

Getting one of the top 4 picks in the 2020 OHL Draft would be massive. You mix that in with Guzda finally becoming a legit number one, we have a solid group of 2003 born players. Mixed in with Samanski and a solid D core that will be together for a few seasons and all of a sudden this rebuild is speeding up.

We will see what happens. Win or lose, ill be watching and cheering but id love to see some vision from management on where this club is going.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014

Im suprised he isnt dangling Dudas infront of Hunter its clear they love the kid who wouldnt tho?

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I'm not completely disagreeing with this take.

I do think if you are building towards the future then selling is the best option

With the major sell from last year, holding onto graduating assets might turn out to bite us in the butt.

I am wondering if Digger thinks their is a chance he gets Dudas back next year.

At this point, I'd be open to ending the playoff streak as nice as it has been.

OS has been an excellent model for consistency, but a reset might do everyone well.

Getting one of the top 4 picks in the 2020 OHL Draft would be massive. You mix that in with Guzda finally becoming a legit number one, we have a solid group of 2003 born players. Mixed in with Samanski and a solid D core that will be together for a few seasons and all of a sudden this rebuild is speeding up.

We will see what happens. Win or lose, ill be watching and cheering but id love to see some vision from management on where this club is going.

I'd certainly be on the same page as long as the pieces brought in were the setting stage moving forward. No shame in getting the young aged players more experience as they'll be the building blocks to continued success in the future. Agreed the organization has been a staple since 2011 with no real rebuild point since 2010, the next 48 hours will tell the tale of what point of the cycle the team is at.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
If all London is offering for higher end guys is Panwar and a few pics (OHL Insiders quote), do you really want that? That doesn't really seem like a fair transaction. London never over pays, its always their healthy scratches for other teams best players, personally I'd rather avoid that.

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
I proposed this on the London board! Thoughts?

What do London fans think of something like this. Too much or fair
To London : dudas, Lyle and Gue 2023 4th

To Owen sound: 2020&2021 Nia 2nd round pics
2020Ham 3rd, 2021 kin 3rd
2022 OS 6th. And one of the following players londons choice: Antonio strange Luke evangelista or Stuart rolofs.

so my thinking is dudas and Lyle together are worth 2- 2nds a 3rd and a 6th and a solid 02 or 03 player. Along with slight upgrade from 4th to 3rd

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
I proposed this on the London board! Thoughts?

What do London fans think of something like this. Too much or fair
To London : dudas, Lyle and Gue 2023 4th

To Owen sound: 2020&2021 Nia 2nd round pics
2020Ham 3rd, 2021 kin 3rd
2022 OS 6th. And one of the following players londons choice: Antonio strange Luke evangelista or Stuart rolofs.

so my thinking is dudas and Lyle together are worth 2- 2nds a 3rd and a 6th and a solid 02 or 03 player. Along with slight upgrade from 4th to 3rd

Ill say again, when has London ever given up players that are part of their core or 1st round picks. They wouldn't do it for Zuk/Durzi last year, why would they do it for Dudas? They were only willing to move Panwar and a couple of picks for Thomas.

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
Ill say again, when has London ever given up players that are part of their core or 1st round picks. They wouldn't do it for Zuk/Durzi last year, why would they do it for Dudas? They were only willing to move Panwar and a couple of picks for Thomas.
Why? Because we could do a similar trade with Windsor and send them over the top and London would be looking from the outside in wondering why they didn’t make the trade. Then going after Phillips would be a waste of assets

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
Why? Because we could do a similar trade with Windsor and send them over the top and London would be looking from the outside in wondering why they didn’t make the trade. Then going after Phillips would be a waste of assets

Windsor isn't buying.....so no we can't

You can make the same argument with Kitchener getting Noel and the Hunters didn't even flinch, they never do.

Reactions: dirty12

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Greg Cowan tweeting reports that Groulx has been dealt to Ottawa. Logjam of 2000 F's relieved a bit.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
May not have to wait long to see Groulx again, I would think he would be in the lineup for Ottawa on Sunday.

He seems to have plateaud in OS. I hope he can raise his game in Ottawa. I always thought he had an underrated shot...quick release and deceptive. Was also not bad in front of the net. Was entertaining to watch, that's for sure. Took some bad, ill-timed penalties and subsequent benchings. If he learns to rein things in a bit, I think he would be a much more effective player.

Wonder if we'll see any more moves. Seed scratched again tonight, third game in a row.

Reactions: PensFan101

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
As per Fred Wallace on his pregame show, LeSage and Seed are healthy scratches, out of lineup due to numbers. Wilson is injured (upper body injury) and is not with the team, may be out for a while.

Interesting that Robertson remains in the lineup despite recent trade rumours.

Fred also expressed surprise that a second trade was not made.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
As per Fred Wallace on his pregame show, LeSage and Seed are healthy scratches, out of lineup due to numbers. Wilson is injured (upper body injury) and is not with the team, may be out for a while.

Interesting that Robertson remains in the lineup despite recent trade rumours.

Fred also expressed surprise that a second trade was not made.

Interesting

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
With the win tonight at the Square Boards Centre, the Attack jumps Erie and Sarnia into 7th .

Gonna be a dogfight from here on .

I liked the boys compete tonight.

First time we've seen Dudas and Struthers play together ( in a long while, haha)

I liked the line combos, they sll worked well. By my count, four rookies with points tonight. Always good when the scoring gets spread out .

Guzda was a rock.

Enjoyable game to watch .

Onto the Crowbar Collesium tomorrow.

Reactions: PensFan101

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
After yesterday's move of Groulx was doing some draft charting and tweaking of the draft picks the team has and concluded these deductions in the draft chart for the upcoming draft.

No 2nds
X2 3rds
X2 5ths
X2 6ths
X2 8ths
X2 10ths

All others are our own picks in the coming draft this gives management a total of 17 total picks spread across 15th rounds and and close to a 3rd of that is picks that where either swapped or straight up dealt for picks from teams listed below.

Picks originally belonging to these teams (SAG, OTT, MISS, GUE, ERI, KIT) this all prior to tomorrow's deadline deal(s) that could be on the table before the deadline time is up for another season.

We shall see what Fred hinted about before the game tonight versus the Pete's about another transaction that could be on the table.

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
After yesterday's move of Groulx was doing some draft charting and tweaking of the draft picks the team has and concluded these deductions in the draft chart for the upcoming draft.

No 2nds
X2 3rds
X2 5ths
X2 6ths
X2 8ths
X2 10ths

All others are our own picks in the coming draft this gives management a total of 17 total picks spread across 15th rounds and and close to a 3rd of that is picks that where either swapped or straight up dealt for picks from teams listed below.

Picks originally belonging to these teams (SAG, OTT, MISS, GUE, ERI, KIT) this all prior to tomorrow's deadline deal(s) that could be on the table before the deadline time is up for another season.

We shall see what Fred hinted about before the game tonight versus the Pete's about another transaction that could be on the table.

Need second round picks.... does management actually think we are good enough now to contend or is Degray just very stubborn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad