Owen Sound Attack 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

plowman

Nov 24, 2014
I'm actually shocked that OS is not considering moving either/or 1 of Dudas or Lyle. Maybe keep 1 but keep both and lose them at the end of the year is an odd way to enter the deadline. Is OS that flush with draft picks or being a middle of the pack team for the next 5 years an option that is being considered? This seems to be really odd from where I'm looking but then I'm no where near close to what you guys know about this team.

Another thought maybe DD is just putting that out there to drive up the price and he really does intend on moving one of them but is playing it this way to drive up the supply and demand price?
I am shocked as well, sold everything off last year and I fully agree with it. Draft pick cupboard was pretty empty and the future looked bleak. If he stands pat this year, he has only done half the job. This team can't win as they are and with all the veterans, ten players 19 or 20, you loose at least seven of them next year, the future isn't looking all the best yet. Might as well cash in some of your chips now, and build for the future. Maybe he is holding out for an offer he can't refuse??

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
He's 19 yr import, isn't he ?
He's exactly what the Attack doesn't need this year.
Couldn't agree more, I'm glad we did not pay that for him, and I was surprised we were linked to him in the first place. Just pointing out that this move for Erie makes a tough Midwest division a bit tougher. If anything, it's another reason for the Attack to sell.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I don't think there is a clear cut front runner in the Midwest right now.

May Kitchener is the favorite.

I'm wondering if part of this lack of deals is because the new trade rules tightening down future picks.

Maybe everyone is afraid if they spend big, there won't be a chair at the table for them in a few years.

The league has more or less got their wish- parity.

Now if they'd quit rewarding crappy teams .

We're tied with Sudbury in pts, yet we are 9th, they are 2nd .

That's just plain wrong .

The owners could change that.

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
30 win seasons and a first round exit is not acceptable... rebuild properly, we NEED draft picks not first round exits

Reactions: Uncle

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
I don't think there is a clear cut front runner in the Midwest right now.

May Kitchener is the favorite.

I'm wondering if part of this lack of deals is because the new trade rules tightening down future picks.

Maybe everyone is afraid if they spend big, there won't be a chair at the table for them in a few years.

The league has more or less got their wish- parity.

Now if they'd quit rewarding crappy teams .

We're tied with Sudbury in pts, yet we are 9th, they are 2nd .

That's just plain wrong .

The owners could change that.

part of little movement is the draft pick restrictions. Should never have been touched

I still think attack make playoffs. That being said I feel no change is needed to playoff format. Some times those years happen where one conference is weaker. Some times all teams are close like they are this year. Doesn’t mean a change in playoff format is needed

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
OHLInsiders reporting that the Attack are looking to move Carter Robertson.

He's an OA candidate next season. Would like to see him back to anchor our blueline next year, but perhaps management is looking to keep 3 of our 2000-born forwards as OA's next year, given the lack of scoring punch on the roster for 2001 and 2002 forwards. In that case, Robertson would be expendable.

Reactions: Noofgoof

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Just wanting to throw this out there, wondering what other posters think.
I'm thinking this organization would be well positioned for progress and success in the future if we were to make a couple of trades before the deadline on Friday, maybe adding a few younger players to compliment the nice group of 03's we already have. Also, we would add a few needed higher draft picks. I know this may not be popular to many but it at least could be a topic of conversation/speculation. I know DD has said that #27 and #33 are not going to be moved but for a return like the one below, it might make you think twice.

To London: 00-RC/#27 Dudas and 99-RD/#33 Lyle
To Owen Sound: 03-LW/#10 Rolofs, 02-RD/#74 Roger + KGN 2'nd/20 + HAM 2'nd/21 + KGN 3'rd/21 + HAM 3'rd/22

To Ottawa/Flint/Sudbury/Kitchener: 00-LW/#34 Popov and 00-RW/#11 Groulx
To Owen Sound: 2'nd + 3'rd + 3'rd + 4'th + 5'th

Reactions: Noofgoof

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
OHLInsiders reporting that the Attack are looking to move Carter Robertson.

He's an OA candidate next season. Would like to see him back to anchor our blueline next year, but perhaps management is looking to keep 3 of our 2000-born forwards as OA's next year, given the lack of scoring punch on the roster for 2001 and 2002 forwards. In that case, Robertson would be expendable.

Via Fred Wallace this morning
Talks as @Ohlhockey #TradeDeadline(s) approach. @AttackOHL #GM Dale DeGray " continual work in progress ". Understand offers tabled- unlikely anything formal by 12pm. Anticipate 2 deals pending. @AttackOHL at @PetesOHLhockey @KingstonFronts & @Ottawa67sHockey this wknd #Bearadio Fred Wallace on Twitter

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Robertson wasnt a name I was expecting, but if thats the direction, it makes sense and I can totally get behind it. Especially considering that our entire defence is set to return next year, and an 04 draftee or 03 like Hislop could be OHL contributors.

If Dudas and Lyle are staying, this could be a decent compromise.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Robertson wasnt a name I was expecting, but if thats the direction, it makes sense and I can totally get behind it. Especially considering that our entire defence is set to return next year, and an 04 draftee or 03 like Hislop could be OHL contributors.

I think that is a wildcard.
I believe the team is following a couple of 2019 prospects , who could step in next year.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
I'm thinking this organization would be well positioned for progress and success in the future if we were to make a couple of trades before the deadline on Friday, maybe adding a few younger players to compliment the nice group of 03's we already have. Also, we would add a few needed higher draft picks. I know this may not be popular to many but it at least could be a topic of conversation/speculation. I know DD has said that #27 and #33 are not going to be moved but for a return like the one below, it might make you think twice.

To Owen Sound: 03-LW/#10 Rolofs, 02-RD/#74 Roger + KGN 2'nd/20 + HAM 2'nd/21 + KGN 3'rd/21 + HAM 3'rd/22

Im not sure there are enough scoring options next year to trade Popov, he could in theory be the teams best player.

London trade is interesting, Id only do it if they subbed in Keane and added another 2nd. Call me selfish but if you want our best player, you should have to overpay. London generally doesn't do that thou.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Fred Wallace tweeted two deals are pending...

Fred is to be believed

FW wouldn't have made that announcement without some prior inside information on a movement being made, could have something to do with moving forward and giving older guys a chance to play somewhere else or young guys more chances to move up the depth chart.

However until any official announcements are made it's purely speculation on a media front and could be nothing more than kicking tires around to spike dead-line interest to fans. Not the first time Fred has played the "Open door hint game" prior to the dead-line day. Could be a two part deal could be two separate deals could be nothing more then FW's best guess.

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015

would be nice to acquire all those draft picks thats for sure... maybe add a 2nd in that popov trade and subtract a 3rd

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Roger Hunt here! I will take that offer if we can substitute Noel and Gross! Done like dinner!

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017

Robertson wasn't the first name to pop into my head either. With a strong returnig core and the probable need for scoring it makes sense. The play of Sam Sedley certainly makes it an easier choice. I'm sure Dale can pull a #7 dman out of the hat from somewhere.Still need to move 1 fwd IMHO.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Good thing DD paid 2 2nd’s for a guy that won’t even be good enough to crack the roster as an OA.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
Good thing DD paid 2 2nd’s for a guy that won’t even be good enough to crack the roster as an OA.

2 2nds for a defenceman that may get 40 pts at 19 isn't a bad deal at all. Its not like hes good enough to be an OA anywhere, we just need forwards and a younger guy pushed him out...

Reactions: BarberPole9

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Markus Phillips was dealt to the Knights. He stays in the Midwest. Looks like he'll be back at the Bayshore in March.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
That feels wrong on so many levels.

Never a good taste when your own prospect comes full circle and gets traded to not just one but a second divisional opponent, having said that once MP left in the deal with the Storm it was out of DD's hands and in GB's to move where he believed he's get the best return. That's the OHL and it will never change unfortunately we still have half the season series against the Knights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad