Owen Sound Attack 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
Yes, I agree management most likely realized we need a veteran C to shoulder the load with Dudas gone. We've already slid a ways down the standings, they probably felt there's no room to slid down further. Hence the trade.

I also agree this move adds more F depth. But we were told we had too much depth up front when we got rid of Nizhnikov. I'm wondering if we move another F after Dudas comes back.
Bingo! My money is on us moving a 19 yr old fwd before the deadline. Depending on the return that could make this deal look very positive. One thing I've learned over the years is most G.M's are looking at a bigger picture than us. We won't know until possibly Sept how this whole scenario plays out.Remember we have multiple 2nd's in '22 so if he could move someone and get a second in '20 that would be a win overall.

Reactions: Noofgoof

TO Attack Fan

Mar 4, 2018
Over the past 11 games, the Attack have lost 4 games by a single goal, lost 3 games by a pair of goals, and won 2 games by a single tally. The addition of Struthers should bump up the goal totals, and FOW, with positive results.

The addition of Struthers also buys management some time to determine whether we are all in, or sell off this season. Makes for an interesting December!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Over the past 11 games, the Attack have lost 4 games by a single goal, lost 3 games by a pair of goals, and won 2 games by a single tally. The addition of Struthers should bump up the goal totals, and FOW, with positive results.

The addition of Struthers also buys management some time to determine whether we are all in, or sell off this season. Makes for an interesting December!
Struts immediately slots in as the teams top PP scorer, an area they've been lacking of late.

It certainly strengthens our top 6 once Aidan returns.

I still feel the team has too many forwards. One guy has only got in 6 games so far.

I have a feeling there's more to come in the next 5 weeks .

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Attack and Ice Dogs meet for the first of two meetings on the season.

Doing some investigative work tonight's game will be the 25th time versus the Ice Dogs previously the Attack have the upper hand with a (11-9-1-3) span across 12 seasons. This will also be one of only two times OA forward Matt Philip will meet his old club on the season. To note this will also be the first game that Matt Struthers returns to the Attack since trading back for him on Monday.

Will see what immediate impact Struthers has in the lineup versus the Dogs, although IMO this was a very good move for DD to make as beyond the change in coaching staff the expectations and opportunities Struts will have as a senior guy in this lineup will benefit not just Matt but the team as well especially with Dudas gone to the WJ camp.

This also solidifies the 3rd OA position on the team with Lyle, Philip and Struthers all three being solid guys that can produce and lead by example. I look forward to seeing what Struts can do as a guy who will now be leaned on as a top-6 guy on the forward group.

Reactions: three dog night

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Attack and Ice Dogs meet for the first of two meetings on the season.

Doing some investigative work tonight's game will be the 25th time versus the Ice Dogs previously the Attack have the upper hand with a (11-9-1-3) span across 12 seasons. This will also be one of only two times OA forward Matt Philip will meet his old club on the season. To note this will also be the first game that Matt Struthers returns to the Attack since trading back for him on Monday.

Will see what immediate impact Struthers has in the lineup versus the Dogs, although IMO this was a very good move for DD to make as beyond the change in coaching staff the expectations and opportunities Struts will have as a senior guy in this lineup will benefit not just Matt but the team as well especially with Dudas gone to the WJ camp.

This also solidifies the 3rd OA position on the team with Lyle, Philip and Struthers all three being solid guys that can produce and lead by example. I look forward to seeing what Struts can do as a guy who will now be leaned on as a top-6 guy on the forward group.
I see Struthers providing immediate impact offensively, had a bit of a disappearing act off and on this year but his offense will shine on a more talented roster.

Reactions: AttackSound

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Struthers kiled us in our last meeting with North Bay hope the Dogs keep a closer eye on him this time how is Phillips doing one of my favourite Dogs .

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
Struthers kiled us in our last meeting with North Bay hope the Dogs keep a closer eye on him this time how is Phillips doing one of my favourite Dogs .
We would love to be gracious hosts but heres hoping Strutts kills you guys again. Philip is doing very well here has fit in nicely with the team and is a fan favourite but I'm sure thats not a big surprise.

Reactions: dirty12

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
With Struthers back, lets have some fun, do you go with him at centre (once Dudas is back)

Popov - Dudas - Groulx
Philip - Struthers - Burroughs
McMaster - Kirwin - Pearson
Lawrence - Samanski - Goure

Or load it up?

Popov - Dudas - Struthers
Philip - Kirwin - Groulx
McMaster - Samanski - Pearson
Lawrence - Goure - Burroughs
What happened to Dudas?

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
What a comeback for Struthers, especially with the game winning goal.

Team had a few stumbles that they'll want back especially giving up the tying goal in the late stages of the game, with AD out of the lineup for now and a homecoming for Struts it certainly shows that the guys can play without the captian in the lineup an still produce.

Can only imagine what the lineup will be like when he returns to the team, with Struthers added in there this make for a fairly diverse team that is what wins championships is being able to make adjustments to the lineup and produce the steady results on a nightly basis.

Tonight the Ice Dogs used very much a run and gun style game and that is something that this team has had challenges competing against so far into the season. But has also shown that they can elevate their own play when they need to.

If the guys can tighten up their defensive side of the play like they've shown they can this season could be a very interesting as they inch closer to the holiday break and in full the second half of the season.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
It was posted a few pages back, hurt his hand, in a cast for a bit. May still play for Canada at the WJC

Time will tell if AD, will be good to go for WJC, certainly optimistic that he will be ready to go for the Maple Leaf, in a wrist brace not a cast as you suggest. Was on the ice in practice today but no contact-uni and not taking part in any drills.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
Time will tell if AD, will be good to go for WJC, certainly optimistic that he will be ready to go for the Maple Leaf, in a wrist brace not a cast as you suggest. Was on the ice in practice today but no contact-uni and not taking part in any drills.

He was in a cast when the post was made.

Cast was taken off a few days ago and now in a brace. He is evidently healthy enough to try out. Who knows but I'm not going to count him out.

Last edited:

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Tight one right to the end of this one.

Certainly shows how big getting Struthers back has been paying off 2 points again tonight in London. Team continues to stumble in stages of the game, hopefully they can correct that from becoming a norm for the guys.

Onward to hosting the Kitchener Rangers tomorrow night in another critical Midwest matchup.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
It took a Wisers deluxe and 30 minutes of pacing, but our Attack spoiled the Teddy Bears Picnic in the Forest.
Well done guys.

Keep it up tomorrow.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
A few factors in the 3 game mini streak.
Brady Lyle, Matt Struthers.
Daylon Groulx.

All for different reasons.
Lots of other good things as well.

Still buzzing from tonight's victory.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
WTH was that bush league move by Keane of the Knights? A lousy 2 minutes for that stupidity on national TV.:baghead:

Maybe that kind of stuff needs to be dealt with in hockey, much like fighting and recently coaches conduct.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Great results when the defensive lapses are cut down. It seemed to me like we did a lot less of the back passing and back circling in our own zone, and really limited defensive turnovers. That stuff was really bad on Wednesday vs. Niagara, but last night we seemed to be much sharper in the defensive zone. Didn't give the Knights very much to work with.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Great results when the defensive lapses are cut down. It seemed to me like we did a lot less of the back passing and back circling in our own zone, and really limited defensive turnovers. That stuff was really bad on Wednesday vs. Niagara, but last night we seemed to be much sharper in the defensive zone. Didn't give the Knights very much to work with.

Just goes to show how much bringing an OA like Struthers back has paid off so far 6 points in 2 games since being reacquired. That power forward was something that was lacking from our lineup and has shown up in big ways thus far through 7 periods of hockey.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
My question is how did we only win 17 faceoffs.. other then that it was a great road game. Theres nothing better then beating the knights in their building!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad