Owen Sound Attack 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Wonder if theres any decent OA’s out there looking for a change of scenery

Hard to say I'd think there would be more teams thinking about moving an OA closer to deadline time than now.

When it comes to OAs there are very limited spots available season after season and for those older more seasoned players there's always a handful who may change hands. I believe the standings are way too close to for teams to start shuffling OAs around unless they're unhappy with there current team. But it all depends upon what and who will offer up for an unhappy player from one city to join a possible other team that is in the same position.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
It's too bad we lost Struthers in the first place. McKenzie was a beast for us in the playoffs, but without proper goaltending we were never going to beat the Soo that year anyway.

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
It's too bad we lost Struthers in the first place. McKenzie was a beast for us in the playoffs, but without proper goaltending we were never going to beat the Soo that year anyway.
And still the same. with the goaltending! I wouldn't add anyone. I would sell! This goaltending, we won't even make the playoffs.

Reactions: Noofgoof

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Well, another road trip and another opportunity to win or lose. It's time for the team to stop this slippery slide to the bottom of the division. We know they are capable of so much more and they just need to prove it once again. I hope the week off to regroup and get some quality practice time in will garner a big W for the boys. Otherwise, I see some changes looming in the near future.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
OK, so Guzda keeping the team in the game, so to speak. Kitchener's offense is killing us. Already 2 penalties although the 2nd was suspect...should have been 2 min. each for roughing. YThe boys need to step it up in the 2nd. They are playing with a lack of confidence.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I'll say what you're thinking. Too much filler. Not enough talent.

Must work harder in this situation .

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
I'll say what you're thinking. Too much filler. Not enough talent.

Must work harder in this situation .
Exactly if this group doesn't work there a**** off and play a team game we are seeing the results. I think it's just a coincidence but I keep wondering how much Krill meant to these guy's and I will admit I wasn't the biggest Krill fan but the timing of his release and our slide is eery

Reactions: dirty12

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Exactly if this group doesn't work there a**** off and play a team game we are seeing the results. I think it's just a coincidence but I keep wondering how much Krill meant to these guy's and I will admit I wasn't the biggest Krill fan but the timing of his release and our slide is eery
He's got 3g, 1a with Shawinigan in 4 games.

Yet another puzzling transaction .

A wasted pick. I wonder if this wasn't about something other than his performance. His point a game would be welcomed on the Attack.

We all know the most skilled imports end up on certain teams .

Reactions: Pond Hockey

leafsrdue

Oct 4, 2014
It sounded like they let Krill go to free up playing time the young guys. If this is the case, then let's move some more pieces and reload for the future. The team as it stands is not winning anything this year so let's get younger and refill the draft supply. It's time for the Attack fan base to suck it up and support the team through a rebuild.

Reactions: Noofgoof

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Dudas not moving .
Apparently slashed in Kitchener last night. Out 3-6 weeks is the word.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Better effort tonight versus the Spirit team played a better uptempo type game.

The guys really played a well rounded game to get the extra point tonight after struggling the past few games. Hopefully Dudas returns at 100% if the word is 100% true. DG once again makes my eyes roll game in and game out with his on the edge style of play, yes he can be effective out there but he's put the team behind the game a few too many times in the past few weeks and has cost us valuable points early on in this stage of the season. Good to see some guys step up and get there mojo working on the scoreboard especially from those secondary role players in the room.

Guzda made some big game saving stops to keep this one close tonight. Onward to hosting the Ice Dogs Wednesday and one of only 2 meetings against the Ice Dogs in a rivalry that the Attack and Ice Dogs have had since Joey was playing for us.

Reactions: AttackRinkRat

leafsrdue

Oct 4, 2014
Exciting game last night, you can't fault the effort from the team against a tough opponent. Guzda was solid for the most part. Numero 11 needs to stop taking bad penalties, good on the coaches for sitting him in the third.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Rumours are swirling about a possible trade with NB sending Struthers back to the sound! Hope its true

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Rumours are swirling about a possible trade with NB sending Struthers back to the sound! Hope its true

Rumor mill hard at work with the Sound media https://twitter.com/BayshoreFred/status/1201526193935265792
at this point in time there's no truth beyond that there's a possibility in the works just that something's in the works involving a player on his way to the Sound.

The Battalion would be the obvious city to make a move as they once again are in a position of weakness statistically this season and with OS having an OA slot open they could go after a solid OA. However nothing officially confirmed, beyond something in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad