Owen Sound Attack 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Congrat's to the boys for a very big win last night in London!
Looked like they played a neutral zone "trap" game, that forced the Knights to the outside and didn't allow them to generate much speed through the neutral zone. The faceoff numbers are always inflated in favor of the home team in Knightsland.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
WTH was that bush league move by Keane of the Knights? A lousy 2 minutes for that stupidity on national TV.:baghead:

that may come with a suspension, it was very careless. I’m not sure there was a target though, more Keane out of his mind by own goals in consecutive games and swinging his stick in anger/frustration

that may come with a suspension, it was very careless. I’m not sure there was a target though, more Keane out of his mind by own goals in consecutive games and swinging his stick in anger/frustration

As a Knights fan, I'm REALLY surprised he 'only' got 2 minutes for that. Have to be in control of one's stick at all times.

As an OHL hockey fan, I don't think the intention to injure was there - Pearson was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

BTW, did the Attack keep Matthew Struthers' jersey warm for him? I just noticed he is back with the Attack. Back with a vengeance....to put it plainly. ;)

HomerHawk67

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
As a Knights fan, I'm REALLY surprised he 'only' got 2 minutes for that. Have to be in control of one's stick at all times.

As an OHL hockey fan, I don't think the intention to injure was there - Pearson was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

BTW, did the Attack keep Matthew Struthers' jersey warm for him? I just noticed he is back with the Attack. Back with a vengeance....to put it plainly. ;)

HomerHawk67

Attack dealt for Struthers back apparently requested to be moved back to the Sound.

Reactions: Noofgoof

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
Not just is that not a penalty on Kirwin. It's interference on Rangers. Bush league officiating, in this league. Same as the 2 minute slash last night. Sad!!

Reactions: Pond Hockey

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Not the worst game this season.

Guys played right with the Rangers tonight and no one looked out of place in this roster, guys are really miss capt. for that extra gear especially in the skill competition at the end. No faults to NC tonight he stood on his head when he had to and kept us in the game.

Onward to Tuesday and the Guelph Storm and the 4th banner raising in franchise history.

Reactions: Attackfan72

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Attack to face the 3rd divisional opponent in 5 days.

After a few good fought tilts against Niagara, London, and Kitchener where the guys got 5 out of 6 points and a week that saw a tough outcome in a shootout loss versus the Rangers, the team will face another good test tomorrow versus the Storm before going onward into the tough test as the northern swing will be upon the guys with the Greyhounds Friday, Sudbury Saturday and North Bay Sunday afternoon.

The Hounds maybe on a down swing this season after having a very tough competitive club but there still within striking distance of catching us in the conference and will be a tough outing especially playing in there building were they know the bounces. The guys will have to tighten their defensive game-plan after giving up 11 goals through 11 periods of hockey and shootout.

Both Chenard and Guzda have had a very decent start to the first half of the season, and this week will test them in keeping the team in what will be four very tough challenges. The conference is tight with very little room that separates the top from the bottom with a bit of luck this week the boys will close the gap that the Spirit have on us and put a bit of cushion room between the Otters and Rangers who are nipping at the heels in the western conference.

Hopefully the team will stay the course and continue to build on the successes of late with the exception of being shutout by Guelph back early on in the season and being outworked by the Colts in November. Even the games we lost of late on the road in the end of November were all tight games right till the end. Which has been a good sign to see this season as the road tilts have been very hit and miss like thus far for the guys, they've managed to pick up confidence last road game in London versus the Knights and take that confidence into the Soo Friday.

Reactions: TO Attack Fan

TO Attack Fan

Mar 4, 2018
Attack to face the 3rd divisional opponent in 5 days.

After a few good fought tilts against Niagara, London, and Kitchener where the guys got 5 out of 6 points and a week that saw a tough outcome in a shootout loss versus the Rangers, the team will face another good test tomorrow versus the Storm before going onward into the tough test as the northern swing will be upon the guys with the Greyhounds Friday, Sudbury Saturday and North Bay Sunday afternoon.

The Hounds maybe on a down swing this season after having a very tough competitive club but there still within striking distance of catching us in the conference and will be a tough outing especially playing in there building were they know the bounces. The guys will have to tighten their defensive game-plan after giving up 11 goals through 11 periods of hockey and shootout.

Both Chenard and Guzda have had a very decent start to the first half of the season, and this week will test them in keeping the team in what will be four very tough challenges. The conference is tight with very little room that separates the top from the bottom with a bit of luck this week the boys will close the gap that the Spirit have on us and put a bit of cushion room between the Otters and Rangers who are nipping at the heels in the western conference.

Hopefully the team will stay the course and continue to build on the successes of late with the exception of being shutout by Guelph back early on in the season and being outworked by the Colts in November. Even the games we lost of late on the road in the end of November were all tight games right till the end. Which has been a good sign to see this season as the road tilts have been very hit and miss like thus far for the guys, they've managed to pick up confidence last road game in London versus the Knights and take that confidence into the Soo Friday.

"The conference is tight with very little room that separates the top from the bottom... "

"Tight" is an understatement!!!

Only 12 points separate the 1st and 10th place teams in the West. Compare this to the East, where 34 points separate the best and worst teams. Attack are currently in 6th place, a point up on Kitchener and Erie. Every point is huge!

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Big night this evening not just in the standings but also by honoring former Plater Scott Walker, Walker will be only the 4th Owen Sound alumni to be honored by Owen Sound.

9 Kirk Maltby (1989-92) Platers

14 Dan Snyder (Memorial Banner) (1995-99)

16 Andrew Brunette (1990-93)

5 Scott Walker (1991-93)

As a fan of this league for the past 20+ years it's good to see the team has decided honored so of the team's alumni. It would be nice to see the team continue to honor more alumni in the seasons to come. I.e. Joel Ward, Curtis Sanford, Kevin Weeks or even Jamie Storr. After 20 years as the Attack and 30 years in the OHL hopefully will see some more names hang from the rafters of the Bayshore Community Centre in the coming seasons.

Reactions: StormWatcher

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Just saw that NB coach Stan Butler has been reassigned to position of special advisor to the owner. New coaching staff put in place. Wonder how this will affect our game on Sunday afternoon in NB.

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Just saw that NB coach Stan Butler has been reassigned to position of special advisor to the owner. New coaching staff put in place. Wonder how this will affect our game on Sunday afternoon in NB.

Sure hope it does have an affect, maybe you can leave the 3 ex players behind in good faith. lol

Reactions: Noofgoof

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

No even with SB changing position within the Battalion organization, unless otherwise listed that he has been relieved of duties, he would still stay within the Battalion organization. Ottawa did a similar decisions with Brian Kilrea with the 67's years ago before he announced his retirement from the OHL ranks.

Both Kilrea and Butler would be fairly close in age now and probably want to stay within the game but not be in the hot seat with the day to day runnings of the Battalion. Even Killer at the time of his retirement chose to limit his involvement within the 67's organization before stepping down. Can see Butler fast approaching situation with the Battalion.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Storm exposed little fundamentals in the team's game tonight in a (4-3) loss.

Team is really missing Dudes on the forward lines and Woolley on the back-end. Good for the guys to claw there way back to make it a close final, the guys had some good chances but limited in any dangerous ones versus the Storm.

Special teams did there job taking away both the Storm's chances but penalty-killing can't always be your safety-net game in and game out. Hopefully a good 3 game road-trip up north although a challange should prove useful in the further development of guys like EB and DG who have gained a ton of experience so far in the first half.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
The question I now have is does Hunter really want Dudas at the world juniors and thats why they are keeping him? Because I thought I read they want the team down to 23 or 24 guys by Thursday and I doubt they keep a guy that hasn't even had a full practice with the team unless theres more to it I guess. But why keep him at camp if hes not ready. I totally get that hes an amazing player and even just being part of it is a great experience but every guy at that camp is pretty darn good so are they wasting time and resources or is he actually a lock to make team Canada like some would suggest. I have no doubt he could be an impact player should they decide to hold on to him but it just makes you wonder..

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
The question I now have is does Hunter really want Dudas at the world juniors and thats why they are keeping him? Because I thought I read they want the team down to 23 or 24 guys by Thursday and I doubt they keep a guy that hasn't even had a full practice with the team unless theres more to it I guess. But why keep him at camp if hes not ready. I totally get that hes an amazing player and even just being part of it is a great experience but every guy at that camp is pretty darn good so are they wasting time and resources or is he actually a lock to make team Canada like some would suggest. I have no doubt he could be an impact player should they decide to hold on to him but it just makes you wonder..

Unfortunately that's hockey Canada for you.

There has always been this debate about any player(s) who have been invited to the world junior camp. Team Canada has always been one to add roster depth to the team no matter who the player is. The real debate about the team Canada will be how many players will they add from the CHL as a whole.

We all k ow as junior hockey fans that unless your head has been in the cloud for ever that the WHL players always seem to get an advantage over others who are just as talented in the country.

Don't mistake me for thinking that these players aren't talented enough because they are but it seems that more times than not that team Canada has tunnel vision and seems to forget that the CHL has more than one league. Hopefully team Canada isn't team WHL this year.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
I would suspect there is a very good chance that Dudas makes the team if he's able to recover in time. When listening to Dale Hunter he's mentioned he wants compete and speed in his team, both of which Dudas has in spades. Dudas also has the flexibility to fit a number of roles on the team and play anywhere in the lineup. Hunter has also had plenty of viewings of Dudas over the years with London and Owen Sound playing in the same division. Him missing the USports games likely doesn't hurt him as badly as it might with some other players.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
Owen Sound Attack Prospects

Artem Shlaine - C - Shattuck-St. Mary’s Sabres Prep (Boston Universtiy)
GP: 27 G:14 A: 35 P: 49 PIM:8
Artem Shlaine at eliteprospects.com

Gibson Homer - G - USA U17 (Miami of Ohio)
GP: 13 GAA: 3.95 SV: .854
Gibson Homer at eliteprospects.com

Jack Guvenal - LD - Halton Hurricanes
GP: 18 G: 3 A: 5 P: 8 PIM: 18
Jack Guvenal at eliteprospects.com

Christian Catalano - C - Brampton Bombers
GP: 28 G: 5 A: 10 P: 15 PIM: 32
Christian Catalano at eliteprospects.com

Nick Wallace - LD - North Jersey Avalanche 16U
GP: 9 G: 0 A: 6 P: 6 PIM: 8
Nicky Wallace at eliteprospects.com

Brayden Hislop - LD - St Marys Lincolns
GP: 26 G: 0 A: 5 P: 5 PIM: 14
Brayden Hislop at eliteprospects.com

Aidan Yarde - RW - Grey-Bruce Highlanders
GP:19 G: 11 A: 10 P: 21 PIM: 20
Aidan Yarde at eliteprospects.com

Tyler Hotson - LW - Listewel Cyclones
GP: 27 G: 11 A: 7 P: 18 PIM: 14
Tyler Hotson at eliteprospects.com

Nicholas Von Kaufmann - G - New Jersey Rockets U16
GP: 2 GAA: 1.50 SV: .889
Nicholas Von Kaufmann at eliteprospects.com

Ethan Lindsay - LW - Pickering Panthers
GP: 24 G: 0 A: 4 P: 4 PIM: 30
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/582425/ethan-lindsay

Douglas Carr - LD - York Simcoe Express
GP: 21 G: 4 A: 10 P: 14 PIM: 67
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/651867/douglas-carr

Sean Clarke - LW - Vaughan Kings
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/640279/sean-clarke

Jacob Dupuis - RW - Lindsay Muskies
GP: 16 G: 2 A: 4 P: 6 PIM: 18
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/582470/jacob-dupuis

Dylan Hudon - LW - Guelph Gryphons
GP: 18 G: 6 A: 9 P: 15 PIM: 22
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/582550/dylan-hudon

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
Interesting look at the guys not in the system here....

With all the 19 year olds we have we probably need a few more 16 year olds ready to go next year. This year seems more deep with regards to prospects then some other years.

Of the forwards not signed yet both Catalano and Hotson seem to be at the top of the list points wise. Playing Jr B helps. Hotson was noticeable at camp last year.

Defenceman it looks like Hislop would be at the top of the list, I liked him and Guvenal last year, hard to say how good any of the kids are playing Midget.

Shlanie is the best guy it seems, Samanski has looked good but it be nice to add a high producing 02 forward to play with him. 3 points in 5 games of USHL play is pretty good for an 17 year old. He was on the draft list, maybe we get lucky next year.

Also interesting to see that Josh Barnes is back in Ottawa, not in the USHL anymore. Have to wonder how much regret there is from their end on how things ended up. I can't see him showing up here, i can't see the Attack having interest in him either with how things have played out.

Josh Barnes
Joshua Barnes at eliteprospects.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad