Owen Sound Attack 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Avenue Bully

Jan 9, 2020
I think what's telling is where the goals were scored from.
3 perimeter shot goals, only 1 from the middle of the ice. Really, we're lucky we got 3 of those shots from way out past Ingham. In general, Kitchener did a great job neutralizing our speed and keeping the puck to the perimeter. That's the textbook way to play the Attack.

Rangers...
4 goals from high-percentage scoring areas, mostly from defensive breakdowns (certainly their first and third goals).

Good summary. I am just going add that if I had Lyle on my team, I wouldn't fault him/the team for blasting away from the perimeter, he has a hard, accurate shot. Just get some traffic in front and your PP would be more fruitful.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Good summary. I am just going add that if I had Lyle on my team, I wouldn't fault him/the team for blasting away from the perimeter, he has a hard, accurate shot. Just get some traffic in front and your PP would be more fruitful.
It's not a bad thing when Lyle blasts away from the point, not laying any fault there. I mentioned I would like to see more of him and Robertson on the blueline on the PP, for that reason (and also for more defensive responsibility). My observation is that the Attack could stand to benefit from finding ways to move the puck to the middle of the ice in the O zone and to attack the net more, as the Rangers were successful in doing.

Agreed about creating more traffic in front. I saw Lawrence (6'5") out there on one of those late PP's in the 3rd, looks like the team was trying to do just that...although they were unable to set up the PP and create pressure. One of our assistant coaches spoke to creating more traffic in front of the net back in January. An area for improvement for sure.

You've got an impressive team. All the best down the stretch and into the playoffs (unless we match up).

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Great way to start off the week, great team victory !

Good luck in Windsor tomorrow!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
So happy for Nick Chenard, getting the win in his first hometown start.

Another great team victory.
All of a sudden, the Attack are glueing together a nice little streak.

Looking forward to Saturdays game.

Gawd it seems like forever since Marcus Phillip's wore an Attack jersey.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
Well a nice little roadie for sure. Great to see Nick get the win in his Hometown. This team has me baffled when they work hard and play there game they are hard to beat but when they set the cruise control look out it is not pretty.Heres hoping we see the hard working team from here on out.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Actually, Pearson has played 60 games and has been, at various times, on the 1st and 2nd lines. He is having a break out year with 28 goals & 24 assists (52 pts). I like him too, and he's a nice down-to-earth kid.

Reactions: FanAttack6

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Terrific results from 2 tough road games for the Attack!
Another big game tomorrow evening in a sold out Bayshore!
-GO ATTACK GO-

Reactions: FanAttack6

FanAttack6

Mar 4, 2019
Actually, Pearson has played 60 games and has been, at various times, on the 1st and 2nd lines. He is having a break out year with 28 goals & 24 assists (52 pts). I like him too, and he's a nice down-to-earth kid.
Thank you for the clarification. And that is wonderful to hear! seems like a good kid

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Anybody know what the conditional pick on the Flint deal actually ended up being? Probably like 3 2nd rounders now with the way he’s playing right?

Reactions: dirty12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad