Owen Sound Attack 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Big 4 pt weekend vs Erie. I hope the boys get over the flu and get back to playing like they were just over a week ago. They have to make sure they play 20 min. periods and not let up in the last 5 min. of each as that's when they seem to get in trouble.
On another note, see Trent Bourque has been traded by Belleville Senators to Toronto Marlies.

Reactions: Noofgoof

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
It wouldn't break my heart if we missed playoffs it would lift us over a bunch of teams into a top 4 first rd pick. With the young group we currently have that would give us one more key piece. A top 4 pick with the players we are losing is almost assured tons of icetime to develop.
Although i tend to agree I would of liked that option more had we got rid of a few 19 year olds at the deadline.

Attackfan2020

Feb 22, 2020
owen sound
New member here. My wife and I have been season ticket holders since 2012/2013 year. After watching the cup run the year before got us hooked. Hoping for a good weekend for the guys. I have an extra set of tickets for tomorrow in j section if anyone is looking. My parents are sick and can't go. $35 for the pair. Both adult tickets. Go attack go! Can meet at game

BehindSooNet

Mar 15, 2015
Big 4 pt weekend vs Erie. I hope the boys get over the flu and get back to playing like they were just over a week ago. They have to make sure they play 20 min. periods and not let up in the last 5 min. of each as that's when they seem to get in trouble.
On another note, see Trent Bourque has been traded by Belleville Senators to Toronto Marlies.

Sincere best wishes to the Owen Sound Attack on your next two games! May you win both games handily (no over-time please)!

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Simply outworked tonight from opening puck drop, no one player can fault the effort.

The first frame was decent although giving up those 2 tallies certainly stung and was a major uphill battle. This team has had momentum swings all season and tonight was another one of the nights to chalk up momentum swings not going the team's favor.

Hopefully short memories are in the gameplan for tonight afternoon and a chance to even keel the weekend off with a split.

Reactions: FanAttack6

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
As bizarre as this may sound, there's still the possibility of missing the playoffs, and getting a franchise player in the draft.

They don't award trophies for 30 win seasons.

Finishing 10th, begats finishing 10th.

Attackfan2020

Feb 22, 2020
owen sound
Guzda had a bad night. Should have pulled him by the 3rd goal. I have never seen him so down on himself after being pulled. He didn't look good on the bench and I felt bad for him. As rough as those goals were the boys in front of him struggled as well. Consistancy is a big issue this year. On the bright side Chenard looked great and has looked good all year to me. Hopefully our boys can get a better start today and keep on pushing for the full 60 minutes. I would like to see Letang get more involved on the bench. He reminded me of our last coach last night. Mostly just stood there.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Guzda had a bad night. Should have pulled him by the 3rd goal. I have never seen him so down on himself after being pulled. He didn't look good on the bench and I felt bad for him. As rough as those goals were the boys in front of him struggled as well. Consistancy is a big issue this year. On the bright side Chenard looked great and has looked good all year to me. Hopefully our boys can get a better start today and keep on pushing for the full 60 minutes. I would like to see Letang get more involved on the bench. He reminded me of our last coach last night. Mostly just stood there.

Accurate review.

Everybody took a share in last night's game, from top down.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Agreed on all counts. Certainly by the 4th or 5th goal I thought Chenard should have come in. When that didn't happen, I thought we may have seen Chenard out there to start the 3rd. Just wasn't Guz's night, sometimes that happens, and I think that was clear enough early on to make a switch earlier. I'm wondering if Letang had decided to start Guz on Saturday, Chenard on Sunday, and didn't want to make the move to Chenard to keep him fresh for Sunday. Who knows. For sure, the guys struggled in front of Guz as well, which didn't help...2 SH goals against is not good. And I concur about the Gill comparison, would like to see more engagement behind the bench from Letang, especially in those types of games. I noticed Hishon wasn't out there, maybe he's off scouting somewhere.

Lots of Attack hockey ops folks in the building last night, including Teakle. More of them than usual I thought.

Reactions: AttackRinkRat

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
A whole week off before the two biggest games of the season and that's the outcome we see from this team? Wow, that was just terrible! Where was the urgency, where was the push back, where was the EFFORT? Too many things to list of went went wrong last evening, let's just hope we see a different TEAM out there today. Hopefully the give a crap meter is near 10 today!

FanAttack6

Mar 4, 2019
Mr. Letang you need to start winning some games! Your most productive line is the Pearson Popov Kirwin line. So why not play these boys more! They should be considered your new PP line. I don’t think Mr Gill would sit Suzuki . Look at the numbers. just an observation from an old guy in the stands.

Reactions: harrison park

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
5 goals against on 14 shots... fml. All you Guzda lovers are clueless
Guz had an off-night last night for sure. Every starter has one from time to time. The good news is that we see this kind of game from him far, far less often than we have in the past. So far this season, in general, he has played very well and has kept the team in games when otherwise they should not have been (especially earlier on in the season when defensive lapses and turnovers were happening more). Also, his off-night last night was exacerbated by generally poor defensive play in front of him and the fact that the coach left him in there too long.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Guz had an off-night last night for sure. Every starter has one from time to time. The good news is that we see this kind of game from him far, far less often than we have in the past. So far this season, in general, he has played very well and has kept the team in games when otherwise they should not have been (especially earlier on in the season when defensive lapses and turnovers were happening more). Also, his off-night last night was exacerbated by generally poor defensive play in front of him and the fact that the coach left him in there too long.

Lots of questions about how the team will rebound today in the back half of the doubleheader.

Bear in the Woods

Nov 21, 2017
The level of urgency and "give a crap" has deteriorated to the point of no return. I think we will see this team "mail it in" for the remainder of the season. Very unfortunate......but a reality.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
I imagine all the voices critical of Guzda will be awfully quiet today. Great bounceback, that's why he's a good goaltender.

Team hung him out to dry last night. Glad they gave him an effort today.

Reactions: AttackRinkRat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad