Owen Sound Attack 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
That was not all on #1.....the team let him down bigtime....I think he should start today!!
Thats pretty tough to believe.. 7 on 18 shots.. the whole team wasn't great but those numbers don't really lie.. the whole game started to go down hill as soon as Burroughs got belted and we got the instigator on the fight.. Erie then scored on the ensuing powerplay and it seemed to set the tone for the rest of the game. Glad todays game was better With a better results.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Totally agree PensFan101. Nice to see Guz given the chance to redeem himself. He made a number of outstanding saves to keep the boys in the game. That's the team we want to see. Yesterday is in the dust. Still a lot of key games ahead for this team, eg. Kitchener on Sat.

Reactions: Attackfan72

Attackfan2020

Feb 22, 2020
owen sound
I was sure they would have started Chenard due to how well he played Saturday night but Guzda did a great job both in net and resetting after the rough night before. The whole group did. Once again they looked like a different team from the night before. Great effort from all the guys. Kirwin had a fabulous weekend. I would like to see more of Chenard. I have been impressed with him but he isn't getting many chances. Keep playing hard boys, it is still a very close race to get into the playoffs.

TO Attack Fan

Mar 4, 2018
I am so confused, are you guys tanking or are you finishing strong? It would be great if you could let this desperate Soo fan know. Cheers.

As of this morning you might be better off asking this question on the Otters board. We are 2 points up on them and have a game in hand.

Or, ask us again in a week's time. The Attack crystal ball should be a bit clearer by then.:)

Reactions: HockeyPops

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
I thought G
Yes he had a terrible night along with about 19 other Attackers. No critique on Sunday's game??? HMMMMMM!!!!!
Not to take anything away from Kirwin's hat trick, but I thought Guz should have been named first star on Sunday. He was excellent.

Reactions: Millpond

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
Erie’s 3rd game in 2.5 days... what do you want me to say? This team is no good, enjoy the 30 wins and another quick first round exit...

I believe its probably feedback regarding your posting consistency. When a player plays poorly, there isn't an issue with running on here. Conversly, when they play well, we generally don't hear from you.

Guz has had plenty of stand out performances vs 'rested' teams that have not been acknowledged. Your prerogative, but in doing so you have to expect people to call you out.

Reactions: AttackRinkRat

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
That was a fairly substandard showing for both games, which was too bad. Guzda was poor Satruday however was the only reason they won on Sunday. Some players seem to be thriving, thought that Samanski, Goure, Robertson all had good weekends, a few vets were hard to find. Hamilton on Wednesday gives them an opportunity for a reset.

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
I believe its probably feedback regarding your posting consistency. When a player plays poorly, there isn't an issue with running on here. Conversly, when they play well, we generally don't hear from you.

Guz has had plenty of stand out performances vs 'rested' teams that have not been acknowledged. Your prerogative, but in doing so you have to expect people to call you out.

im not going to waste my time arguing about Guzda.. he is way to inconsistent.. he has “moments” were he looks good, but way to often he looks bad..

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
I am so confused, are you guys tanking or are you finishing strong? It would be great if you could let this desperate Soo fan know. Cheers.
Pretty sure every kid on that ice, is giving his all! If they win they win, if they lose they lose. What's this tanking?

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
I know everyone hates me for what I say about Guzda... but come on man... does your glove not work? Every goal on his catcher side

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Well, not pretty, but a win is a win. We'll take the 2 pts. Now Friday night in Missy, then home on Sat vs Rangers. Boys/Guz better get it together.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
A little bit of a nail bitter in Steel City tonight.

The goals surrendered was something that wasn't pretty and no one can be too pleased with the defensive side of the game tonight but when it all comes down to the end of the game a win is a win and no one cares how you get the 2 points when the final buzzer goes, just where the team sits at the end of the night.

With a 11 games left on the season and a bit of luck this team can get in a good position before playoffs 5 points back of Guelph is something that looks to be in the relam of possibilities, still not guaranteed but not out of the question that the team will most likely be aiming for.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Hope the team stayed down south for the Friday game in Mississauga. IMO Goal 4 was the only one that Guzda should have stopped. I like that Goure is being put in more critical situations, PP and playing in the top 6 regularly. I see him as the next Dudas.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Goure reminds me of Suzuki, always circling, staying out of the thick of things waiting for the puck to get dished out. Not a physical player but smart. He is starting to get more confidence resulting in getting more opportunities and points.

Reactions: Millpond

TO Attack Fan

Mar 4, 2018
Team needs to work on its penalty kill. Over the last three games the opposition has scored on 7 of 10 opportunitiues. Of course taking less penalties would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad