Owen Sound Attack 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I think it’s a 4th or 5th round pick, but don’t quote me

Most conditional picks that are part of deals very rarely go higher than a 7th round selection, unless you're trading a high profile piece around where you may get a 4th or higher in this league a conditional 15ths more times equals a 7ths.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Most conditional picks that are part of deals very rarely go higher than a 7th round selection, unless you're trading a high profile piece around where you may get a 4th or higher in this league a conditional 15ths more times equals a 7ths.
On the draftpick data base there are 19 conditional picks listed that are second or 3rd round picks between now and 2024. I don't think high conditional picks is all that rare. I did not count anything that was 4th, 5th or 6th round but there were some.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Big game tonight. The boys can win it IF they stay out of the sin bin, keep focussed and don't meet up with a hot London goalie. Packed house tonight...I hope fans get behind the team and are loud and proud. Go Attack!

Reactions: Attackfan2020

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
In a season, I thought the team would be challenged to score goals, they've managed to spread things around.

There's no elite scorer, but 5 players either at 20 goals, or flirting with , and 2 near 30.

Attackfan2020

Feb 22, 2020
owen sound
I wish I didn't have to work tonight or I would be there. Maybe i can listen on my computer from a london radio station. Hopefully london will come in thinking the game will be a cake walk and our boys come out strong and keep it going for the entire 60 minutes. As i read on one of these forums last night, sometimes we can be superman's kryptonite. At times we can be a thorn in there side. Hoping for 2 points tonight. Go attack go!!! I'll be back at the rink wed night.

Attackfan2020

Feb 22, 2020
owen sound
sounds like the boys kept it a pretty close game till the empty net goal, but too many penalties bit them tonight. Guzda was strong. at least i was able to listen to the game.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The boys played a good game.

Hard to dominate a team with so many elite players.

Last edited:

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019

Respectfully, do you have any actual knowledge that refutes my claim? I asked during the town hall at training camp and was told the 4th from Dale if Pearson hit certain conditions. No idea if he has, I have to think he has at this point.

Reactions: dirty12

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Respectfully, do you have any actual knowledge that refutes my claim? I asked during the town hall at training camp and was told the 4th from Dale if Pearson hit certain conditions. No idea if he has, I have to think he has at this point.

If you look back over the years on deals and what goes back and forth with conditional deals when the conditions are met almost every time I've looked back after the deals were finished and and when you cross reference the draft chart on draft day and everytime I've looked over the years most of my investigative work has found that the highest return has been a 7th round pick.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
If you look back over the years on deals and what goes back and forth with conditional deals when the conditions are met almost every time I've looked back after the deals were finished and and when you cross reference the draft chart on draft day and everytime I've looked over the years most of my investigative work has found that the highest return has been a 7th round pick.

But what does that matter if someone is actually saying what the pick is?

Attackfan2020

Feb 22, 2020
owen sound
I thought they played another good 1st period but sure did fall apart after that once again. They had a pile of shots. I sure miss Gadovich. He always stood in front of the net being a pain and getting in the goalies way. We dont have that anymore so the goalie sees the shot and stops it. Then if it bounces back out no one is there for the rebound. Consistency once again ..

Reactions: Pond Hockey

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Now we play the waiting game, what will happen will depend upon where this situation goes.

Expecting a very long-lengthy delay until something positive happens, but until this has be resolved all we can do is count the days till the CHL comes out with a longterm plan in co-operation with the country's healthcare sector to ensure everyone's health and safety is met.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
If this is the end of the season, and I hope it's not, am I the only one that finds it almost fitting. Before the season many thought it was a down season then the early play had us all dreaming of Kelowna. Then comes the spiral and we're thinking top 4 draft pick. Since then it's been up and down more than,well you know what I'm saying.I am hoping they get back to playing and don't have to reduce the # of playoff teams because I am damn curious as to what this group plays like with it's back to the wall. Let's be honest when this team is firing on all cylinders it's pretty darn good,but when their off a bit it's ugly at times. Any way my original point this has been a crazy season so it's almost fitting something crazy could end it.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Since last Wednesday, the world as we know it has turned upside down.

The Corona has suddenly rendered our hockey rather insignificant.

Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->