Overagers

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I don’t think the list elite prospects has is an accurate representation. It generically sets players “contracts” ending right before their OA season, and for a lot of players it was hindered with automatically because of them playing elsewhere this season. As for why it’s only showing select teams, I’m not sure.

But the point is, elite prospects likely doesn’t have that information yet as teams are probably still exploring options.

Definitely. Training camps havent even started yet

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
The question though is with the unkowns in rookies from 2 years it will be interesting to see who keeps their OA and who tries this year as a semi rebuild

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The question though is with the unkowns in rookies from 2 years it will be interesting to see who keeps their OA and who tries this year as a semi rebuild

If I read your post correctly, your question may only really apply to the ‘67s, maybe a team in an obvious rebuild like the Petes with almost no 19-20 yr olds can use a couple of OA if they come relatively cheap. The number of lateral moves by teams may be much more than normal, but I think the number of buyers-sellers will be normal.
Barrie & Hamilton may want a G, but are likely better served not going the OA route since their OA skaters are above average. Windsor, Oshawa, Mississauga, OS, Flint, … have their OAs. London has none and may want an OA F, but is loaded with ‘02s & ‘04s which are considered comparatively better draft classes; they can wait out OA sellers. Kingston has 7-8 options in house that could probably be improved upon; but can wait out OA sellers…OAs should come cheap imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockey Stick

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
The bigger thing is that teams haven’t played in 1.5 years and countries were shut down so potential fans might be weary to get back into OHL hockey, at least initially.

You add in a team that is losing games consistently/rebuilding and you might have record low attendance.

OAs should come cheaper because the canceled season. You can still give ice time to young players while having 2/3 OAs on the roster to add experience/leadership. And I think most GMs will try to be competitive to start the season. Maybe it gets to January and they blow things up with a rebuild but I’m not sure owners want their team going into the season just expecting losses and rebuilding

Reactions: dirty12

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Should I take these guys off the OA list?

I’d say so. Taylor’s going to be really hard pressed to find a spot given that he hasn’t really established himself in net in this league. Wawrow could find a spot too but I couldn’t see him stealing someone’s spot.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Yes, I would take them off. They are free agents, and could find a spot, but just as likely for another free agent to find a spot (ie. WHL goalies a la Brkin and Myskiw).

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
itll be interesting to see if he is allowed to come over. usually if you are not in the ohl when your 19 your ineligible. not playing last year may have created an exception, maybe not.
I doubt the league would let them sign him if it was against any rules, wouldn’t make any sense

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
itll be interesting to see if he is allowed to come over. usually if you are not in the ohl when your 19 your ineligible. not playing last year may have created an exception, maybe not.
I doubt the league would let them sign him if it was against any rules, wouldn’t make any sense

He was signed in his 4th year of eligibility before 2020-21 season was (cancelled, I think).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad