Overagers

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Who are the overagers for each team? Who has an excess and will need to move. London doesn't appear to have any

Team list: Overagers

Last edited by a moderator:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa has bupkiss for OA’s. Looks like Varga is the only potential return for the ‘Poles. There’s questions as to whether he would be a worthy candidate or not.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Fronts have options - 01s from 19-20 are Dugas, Frasca, Wong, Brand, Peric, Drewitt, Hutton and Rowe, and they recently signed Lucas Edmonds who's another 01 that's been playing in Sweden for the last few years. I'm guessing Dugas is a lock because they need a goalie for Wright's last year, and if they just signed Edmonds I'd imagine he's gotta be pretty close to a lock.

That leaves one spot - I'm guessing it will go to Frasca, but I could see a move being made to obtain an OA defenseman since they're not very deep on the back end.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Windsor has Egor Afanasyev, Daniel D'Amico, Louka Henault, and Grayson Ladd as their options. Afanasyev will be in the Nashville system, but the other three could/should return, barring any moves.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Windsor has Egor Afanasyev, Daniel D'Amico, Louka Henault, and Grayson Ladd as their options. Afanasyev will be in the Nashville system, but the other three could/should return, barring any moves.

Afanasyev highly unlikely.
Ladd is unjury prone.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Sarnia has Brayden Guy, Justin Nolet, Ashton Reesor, Ethan Langevin and Cameron Supryka.

The belief is that Langevin will be traded if possible. Sarnia will likely be keeping Guy for some leadership with a very young forward group. It will be a toss up for the other three. All really good OA candidates to keep.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
North Bay Battalion overage possibles:

RW Brandon Coe
‘19/’20 OHL 60GP 25G 32A 57PTS
‘21 AHL (SJ) 21GP 1G 6A 7PTS

C Mason Primeau
‘19/’20 OHL 45GP 11G 8A 19PTS
’21 AHL (HEN) 10GP 0G 3A 3PTS
’21 ECHL (FtW) 4GP 1G 2A 3PTS

Overage probables:

RW Mitch Russell
‘19/’20 51GP 21G 21A 42PTS

D Simon Rose
‘19/’20 51GP 4G 15A 19PTS

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Erie has 7

Forwards -
Sellan
Sproule
DAmato
Hoffmann
Swankler

Defensemen -
Gillard
Kischnick

Gillard missed all of 2019-20 with hip surgery and then COVID season so I’m not really sure he’s an option. Kischnick was a fringe depth guy in 2019-20

But all 5 forwards are at the very least solid depth pieces and worthy of being on an OHL roster. Erie will have to move 2 of them. The most likely are two of Sproule/Sellan/Swankler

Reactions: LDN

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Oshawa's OAs will be Zach Paputsakis, Mitchell Brewer and one of Hayden Fowler/Ryan Stepien

That leaves Jacob Winterton, Tye McSorley, Liam Whittaker and the one they don't choose between Fowler/Stepien on the outside looking in

Opinionated

Mar 27, 2014
Oshawa's OAs will be Zach Paputsakis, Mitchell Brewer and one of Hayden Fowler/Ryan Stepien

That leaves Jacob Winterton, Tye McSorley, Liam Whittaker and the one they don't choose between Fowler/Stepien on the outside looking in

Winterton has already committed to UGuelph for next year, I believe.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Kitchener has Graham Dickerson, Mike Petizian and Arber Xhekaj. I assume they don’t keep Dickerson and take an upgrade from a team with too many.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Hard to know who would be elite in this OA group

Some names that come to mind off the top of my head are:

Forwards:
Daniel D'Amico (WSR) 50 points in 61 games in 19-20
Hayden Fowler (OSH) 42 points in 52 games in 19-20
Tye Kartye (SOO) 53 points in 64 games in 19-20
Mike Petizian (KIT) 43 points in 63 games in 19-20
Mitchell Russell (NBAY) 42 points in 51 games in 19-20

All of these players were on track to being point-per-game players in 2020-21. Windsor is starting to become a team with some big names on forward and D'Amico is right in the middle of all that. Fowler will have the opportunity to be a top forward along with Tullio and Harrison. Kartye took a huge jump in 19-20 & the Soo has so many OAs that if Kartye stays, he will have to be a big producer with Kerins and Dickinson. Petizian will take a huge leap in the Rangers lineup with Meireles, Hawel, Yantsis, Noel, Damiani all gone. North Bay has an exciting young team and Russell will provide some much needed experience.

Defence:
Robert Calisti (SOO) 50 points in 64 games in 19-20
Andrew Perrott (OS) 27 points in 62 games in 19-20

Calisti is one of the best skaters in the league and is also one of the best offensive D men. 18 of his 50 points were goals. I was surprised no one took him in the 2020 NHL Draft. Perrott is a solid all around player and as we've seen with the PBHH Invitational, a great leader who takes initiative. I'd expect that alone to get him some extra looks, but he's also a physical beast.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Barrie has some good OA options; Porco, Tabak, Allensen, Hill, & Greaves.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Petes have only Curtis Trolley as an OA
He’s a Peterborough boy, a character player and probably a pesky 3rd or 4th liner in this lineup.
In a rebuilding year, he’s fine as an OA candidate.
The Petes will need two.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Hamilton has Zachary Roy, Peyton Vescio, Nathan Staios, and Tag Bertuzzi (I think)
Navrin Mutter and Liam Van Loon as well. Quite the log jam. They’re all very capable OHLers. I’d say Roy is the first out given that they have Drobac and Costantini in net, but past that you could make an argument for any of the other 5 to get 1 of the 3 spots.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
Hounds have:

G - Ethan Taylor
D - Robert Calisti
D - Billy Constantinou
D - Drew Wawrow
F - Jaromir Pytlik (signed to play in Finnish Pro)
F - Cole MacKay
F - Joe Carroll
F - Alex Johnston
F - Cullen McLean (reported commitment to OIT)
F - Tye Kartye

I could see the Hounds keeping MacKay, Calisti, and Kartye. I would assume we would hold on to Carroll and rotate in until he can increase his value. Let's hope the brass is putting something together for a goalie! A perennial underachieving tender will not make the cut as an OA (in case anyone was counting) leaving us with zero goalies in the system with OHL experience.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Hounds have:

G - Ethan Taylor
D - Robert Calisti
D - Billy Constantinou
D - Drew Wawrow
F - Jaromir Pytlik (signed to play in Finnish Pro)
F - Cole MacKay
F - Joe Carroll
F - Alex Johnston
F - Cullen McLean (reported commitment to OIT)
F - Tye Kartye

I could see the Hounds keeping MacKay, Calisti, and Kartye. I would assume we would hold on to Carroll and rotate in until he can increase his value. Let's hope the brass is putting something together for a goalie! A perennial underachieving tender will not make the cut as an OA (in case anyone was counting) leaving us with zero goalies in the system with OHL experience.

That's quite the group.

Of the 8 expected to return, I'd say Taylor and Wawrow are definitely on the outside looking in. Taylor being an underachieving goalie with 34 career games played likely doesn't get picked up anywhere. Wawrow would get a small return if any, but IMO that's probably another release and he will either play junior somewhere or go to school.

That leaves Calisti, Constantinou, MacKay, Carroll, Johnston, Kartye. If I'm the GM, I would move Johnston and Carroll, leaving Calisti, Constantinou, MacKay and Kartye going into the season. Calisti was one of the best skaters in the OHL in 19-20 and put up 50 points as an 18 year old D-man. 2 seasons later it's fair to assume he's significantly better than he already was, so I'm thinking there's a decent chance he makes an AHL team this year. If he does, that leaves you with a similar player with similar numbers in Billy Constantinou. If not, you can move Constantinou out probably quite easily.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Does anyone know if the trade window is open right now? Or if not, when? Things have been shockingly quiet given some teams OA situations considering camps open in 6-7 weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad