Ovechkin guarantees game 7 win vs NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Reminds me of when Holtby said in his rookie year against the Rangers that some loss he just gave up wouldn't matter because the caps would win the cup. Can't find an article on it for some reason but that definitely happened.
Not quite...

2010-11 Holtby's first season in the league he did not play against the Rangers. Neuvirth was in goal for each of the 5 games. Caps won that series 4-1.

2011-12

Holtby on game 1
"It's a tough game to stay into it, mentally wise," Holtby said, "and I didn't do a good enough job of it."

Holtby on game 2
"You look at the difference in the two games, we hit two posts last game, they hit two posts this game," Holtby said. "So that’s how close it is. We did a fairly good job for the most part the last little while there. I think we’d want to bear down harder on the puck in the last few seconds there. Myself I’d like to battle to see that deflection that went off the post a bit more. But the hockey gods were on our side tonight."

Holtby on game 3

No notable quotes

Holtby on game 4

"We needed that today," Holtby said. "We've been kind of relying on our character guys and it's great to see those guys have good games, especially Greenie. He's been working hard and doing all the little things right and to see it rewarded on the stat sheet is huge."

Holtby on game 5
no notable quotes

Holtby on game 6
"That's the one thing I've learned that does help me out," Holtby said about taking things one shot at a time, no matter the situation. "It's a bunch of little things. It's just our group as well. It's not all just me when we bounce back from a loss."

Holtby on game 7
"Obviously, it's disappointing," Holtby said. "We really did believe that we had (the ability), as a team, to do it all. To look at it, we gave ourselves a great chance and it's a tough loss, especially, but what we can take away is that New York was a very good team and we didn't leave anything on the table."

Holtby has only one quote as recorded by NHL.com recaps for the entire series.

Holtby on game 6
"[Sunday] shouldn't have been so lopsided. We all know that. Everyone can see that. That part is frustrating, but I thought our guys did a very good job keeping their composure through."

Hardly comes across as the Cup guarantees you claim he made.

TheyTuukkaMyCup

Mar 18, 2014
"We're going to lose game 7!'
Wow bad captain, lazy Russian, overrated
"We're going to win game 7!"
Wow cocky, arrogant, can't wait for him to eat his words

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Gotta love hockey fans. Hate and complain how every player is "boring" and then a player says something out of the ordinary and has some guys and everyone jumps all over the guy. Hilarious.

Bradys Boys

Oct 30, 2014
What's he supposed to say? "We're going to lose game 7"?? What a joke. People say things like this all the time in other sports I don't see why it's a big deal in hockey.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Ovie is a mother****ing beast. I hate the caps being a flyers fan but I hope he wins the cup.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
"We're going to lose game 7!'
Wow bad captain, lazy Russian, overrated
"We're going to win game 7!"
Wow cocky, arrogant, can't wait for him to eat his words

Different between beeing confident about your team and beeing cocky. He cant guarantee if they will win which makes it arrogant. If he said that "we have a great chance of winning tonight, we have a solid team and if we play our best i think we will win etc etc" that would be a good comment. Its about having respect for the other team aswell as its stupid to say something like that when the game easily can go either way....

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I like what Ovechkin said. I don't need to hear the cliches of they are a good team etc. You go out there and say we are going to win. The right mentality.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
How many posters had this thread open all OT just to be "that guy"? Sheesh. Wasn't AO's fault.

His team more than earned the win tonight, neither side could be upset if they lost. Caps deserved it based on OT alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad