Canada
Reporter: What do you expect from game 7
OV: I'm here so I don't get fined
Reporter: How is it playing against Girardi
OV: I'm here so I don't get fined

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
To everyone crying about Ovi's quotes/the fact that he actually has a personality :

7b0d8e4c59f55ec283964e8176c2c8f5531b2d8049eac33f306231c04adce498.jpg

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
He didn't sound determined at all. Not one bit. He sounded depressed.

I think he can be determined about the next game, even while disappointed in the outcome of the one he just came off the ice from...but I think that puts the quote in perspective....We've seen plenty of over the top from him, but that wasn't it. He was stating the plan more so than stating any guarantee.

In the end it's all about what happens on the ice. I don't see the Rangers getting any motivation from this. They've had a couple days to see the context of the quote.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
300+ posts and the thread title remains the same.

This has really been blown out of proportion.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I hope Ovi has been channeling Messier for that one.

Also hope the Rangers get ****ing CRUSHED tonight.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
I applaud ovi. he wants to win and speaks his mind. nothing wrong with confidence. not like he said rangers are overrated and so forth.

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
It's time to put up or shut up for Ovechkin. We might never know if he will get an opportunity like that again.

If he want to be considered as one of the better players in history, this is the time to show the world, that he's a world-class player who will make his team better and win titles.

amin723

Mar 11, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
It's time to put up or shut up for Ovechkin. We might never know if he will get an opportunity like that again.

If he want to be considered as one of the better players in history, this is the time to show the world, that he's a world-class player who will make his team better and win titles.

I think he's done at least the bolded already. For sure this may help him in the win titles department...considering the Caps were heavy underdogs in this series, you act as though not winning is an indictment against the team.

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
I applaud ovi. he wants to win and speaks his mind. nothing wrong with confidence. not like he said rangers are overrated and so forth.

Ovi has now said twice in the last month or so that the Rangers D are afraid. He said it after the last game of the season and he said it after game 6. F Him.

BigDStars

Sep 1, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
The Rangers are 6-0 in Game 7s at home all time. Not only that, but they are 13-3 in elimination games since 2012 and have won nine straight elimination games at MSG. :yo:

During the career of Ovechkin, the Caps have had 16 opportunities to clinch a series and have lost 12 of them. Even worse, the Caps have had 13 Game 7s and have only won four of them. :amazed:

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/05/capitals-haunted-by-game-7-nightmares/

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
The Rangers are 6-0 in Game 7s at home all time. Not only that, but they are 13-3 in elimination games since 2012 and have won nine straight elimination games at MSG. :yo:

During the career of Ovechkin, the Caps have had 16 opportunities to clinch a series and have lost 12 of them. Even worse, the Caps have had 13 Game 7s and have only won four of them. :amazed:

We get it. We suck at closing teams off and choke too much. :cry:

amin723

Mar 11, 2010
Goodyear, AZ

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

So you're saying the Rangers are due for a loss!!!!

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Should be a good game? NYR good at game 7s... Caps with pressure not to choke again.... of the most recent matchups, both teams have won game 7s vs the other - two each but the NYR have the most recent wins in them. Ovi guaranteeing a game 7 win so will he step up?

Lundqvist has an excellent record in game 7s and in these playoffs so far.

The series has had some crazy games - up and down.... who is gonna win???

All the intangibles and incredients for a classic game 7 or????

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Reminds me of when Holtby said in his rookie year against the Rangers that some loss he just gave up wouldn't matter because the caps would win the cup. Can't find an article on it for some reason but that definitely happened.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Reminds me of when Holtby said in his rookie year against the Rangers that some loss he just gave up wouldn't matter because the caps would win the cup. Can't find an article on it for some reason but that definitely happened.

*Let's invent stuff about players on other teams to discredit them*

Brilliant concept :handclap:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I'll never understand why 'NHL fans can be so adverse to confidence/boldness in players. I love it when players actually show a bit of personality

Last edited:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
If this game 7 goes down the tube for the caps, this thread will blow up with haters. I guarantee it.

It already has. :laugh:

What else is he gonna say? "Nah, we're gonna lose." I hope the Caps win, and I hope Ovie gets to hoist the Cup. I don't know how people can dislike the guy, he's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad