Ovechkin guarantees game 7 win vs NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
ovi never said guarantee a win Christ. he said he's looking forward to the next round. what's he supposed to say when he's asked. he was confident. its about inspiring his team.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
10 years and never in the third round feel bad though after seeing his face

I can honestly admit that, as a Pens fan, seeing his face...and that heartbreak...was more sad than seeing the Penguins faces when they lost.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Had a good game himself. Where did Nick Backstrom go, I keep hearing he is a top C on Earth.

Yup Backstrom was the Caps Nash this round, what the frack happend between round 1 and 2?

I do think Backstrom was good today though but the other 6 games... not exactly bad but really didnt do jack either.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
If the Caps had won people would be calling him a hero and a fantastic leader right now. Either way hindsight is a *****.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
ovi never said guarantee a win Christ. he said he's looking forward to the next round. what's he supposed to say when he's asked. he was confident. its about inspiring his team.

Just because he lost doesn't mean you can re-phrase his comments. If they had won, not a single person would be saying "he never said guarantee", he'd be Messier 2.0 and a legend.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
The Capitals weren't going to win the Stanley Cup anyway. Not good enough. Maybe they'll be good enough next season.

babylonzoo

Mar 8, 2010

there are ways to express that more humbly in front of the press. I agree a leader needs to motivate his team, but you look like an a$$ if it backfires

JerseyRangers*

Oh Ovy is certainly no Messier. As to Burakovsky or whatever his name is thanks for the excellent bulletin board material. No wonder the Craps can never win the big game.

babylonzoo

Mar 8, 2010
Just because he lost doesn't mean you can re-phrase his comments. If they had won, not a single person would be saying "he never said guarantee", he'd be Messier 2.0 and a legend.

people were even saying that if he scores, he'd be god.

BoWmEn

Canadian Rangers Fan
Mar 10, 2012
Ontario
So glad this topic is put to rest. CBC kept panning over to him the entire game talking about that so called guarantee. Even had the nerve to ask Girardi during 1st intermission how he and the Rangers feel about it rather than the game itself.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Ovi did what he had to do. As a Rangers fan I still have a ton of respect for him. Call his guarantee whatever you want. I think it was just a captain being a good leader and trying to rally his team after two tough losses. He scored a goal to back up what may or may may not have been a guarantee. Either way, it's not on Ovi.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
The Capitals weren't going to win the Stanley Cup anyway. Not good enough. Maybe they'll be good enough next season.

I think the Caps will have their best chance within the next two years. Kuznetzov and Burakowsky got a season under their belt, they will have a very very talented top 6. Green will be gone which is addition by subtraction.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Look Connor McDavid put up 4 points today and they still lost 6-5 in OT.

There is an extent to which 1 player can carry the team.

Is McDavid a lesser player if they lose in the finals? No he is carrying his team against a better opponent.

A 2nd round matchup against the Presidents' Trophy winner and Runner up to the SC from last season? Good luck with that for any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->