Kadri will lose his temper and get suspended again probably

Kadri doesn't lose his temper.

WHAT

XOMwviB.gif

cut.jpeg

kadri11.jpg

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
You should just realize that Kadri has maybe one more prime year before the hard decline starts. He’s not that valuable
You crack me up :laugh:

I'm literally scrolling through this thread looking for your posts which are often the opposite of truth :laugh:

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
He’s an ok second line C, or a really good #3C. His underlying numbers are dropping from what they were 2-3 years ago. This isn’t unusual since on average NHL players peak at 25 hold that plateau for a couple (1-3) years then start to decline.

In Kadri’s case we probably see a drop off next year due to reduced role and regression on his sh%. The lines Leaf fans say their team will be running with are not promising for him either IMO. I think we could see him become the Leafs new whipping boy pretty quickly, and somewhat unfairly, if things play out this way.
even if you think he will start to decline soon, saying he's an okay 2nd line center is insane

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
yeah on the Leafs, because they have two franchise centers above him now. He'd be a 1C on Montreal though

That’s why Montreal is a bottom 5 team. It’s like saying Petry would be #1 RHD on the Leafs. Pointless. Enjoy the first round exit while we will draft another stud young guy!

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I am not sure if we have any idea how the Leaf's will deploy the pp since not only is JT new but Matthews is also a year older and potentially healthy. Last year Kadri played almost exclusively with Marner, Bozak, JVR and Marleau on the pp. Theoretically they could drop both JT and Matthews in for Bozak and JVR and run with a fully loaded pp. I guess that would leave Nylander centering the second unit. That does not seem to me something that Babcock would do but I'm not a Leaf fan so I'm happy to defer. I also conceded previously that Kadri could put up similar pp numbers and still see his point total's drop a fair bit.

My calculations on the ES time Kadri gets already only gave the fourth line 5 minutes even though I know that Babckock in the past has given them more so I already built some leakage into the numbers. The bottom line is if his role is as the third line center it will very likely impact his offensive production. There were about 37 true centers last year that broke 50 points and only around 60 with 45 points. It's tough to put up points in this league without premium opportunities at ES.
we certainly don't know definitively how they will deploy, but I think it definitely stands to reason that JT was acquired primarily as the replacement for Bozak's minutes (or that Kadri will shift to those minutes and JT takes Kadri's role, or some combination thereof), and that the MLSE brass understands the concept of diminished returns so that they wouldn't acquire a redundant asset at a huge cap commitment while not realizing the full value of that asset due to its cannibalization of the returns from another very good asset. The Leafs brass put a lot of eggs into the center basket, I just don't see them doing that if they don't think they will get a lot of on-ice value from each of them

Matthews was already included in the last 2 years of PP time, so if he slots in for one of Bozak or JVR then his original usage becomes available. It has really not been like Babcock to hugely favour one line in PP usage, he puts out a very balanced 2 unit set, so I don't see Kadri losing. He might not be a center on the PP, which has been common in the past as well - was deployed often with JVR & Bozak. I think we'll see a bit of a mix of deployment between units, but count on Matthews, JT, Marner, Nylander, Kadri, Marleau as 6 of the forwards used on the top 2 units and likely that there will be 8 forwards & 2 dmen combined between them with relatively even PP toi/gp between them

I think Kadri is one of those that has produced without premium opportunity at ES as well, he's been Babcock's match up center and has carried some linemates worse than himself (namely Komarov who was really declining last year, I feel bad for NYI). Bozak was the one who really got the soft usage, both heavily offensive zone and against easier competition. If anything I think that JT will draw more of the difficult competition away from Kadri when the opposing coach has last change and on the fly changes. Last year Babcock's top 3 centers averaged 46.5 ES mins per night, I think we'll see that at least stay the same and maybe increase as the position has been upgraded while the 4th line C spot is really not nailed down at all

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
we certainly don't know definitively how they will deploy, but I think it definitely stands to reason that JT was acquired primarily as the replacement for Bozak's minutes (or that Kadri will shift to those minutes and JT takes Kadri's role, or some combination thereof), and that the MLSE brass understands the concept of diminished returns so that they wouldn't acquire a redundant asset at a huge cap commitment while not realizing the full value of that asset due to its cannibalization of the returns from another very good asset. The Leafs brass put a lot of eggs into the center basket, I just don't see them doing that if they don't think they will get a lot of on-ice value from each of them

Matthews was already included in the last 2 years of PP time, so if he slots in for one of Bozak or JVR then his original usage becomes available. It has really not been like Babcock to hugely favour one line in PP usage, he puts out a very balanced 2 unit set, so I don't see Kadri losing. He might not be a center on the PP, which has been common in the past as well - was deployed often with JVR & Bozak. I think we'll see a bit of a mix of deployment between units, but count on Matthews, JT, Marner, Nylander, Kadri, Marleau as 6 of the forwards used on the top 2 units and likely that there will be 8 forwards & 2 dmen combined between them with relatively even PP toi/gp between them

I think Kadri is one of those that has produced without premium opportunity at ES as well, he's been Babcock's match up center and has carried some linemates worse than himself (namely Komarov who was really declining last year, I feel bad for NYI). Bozak was the one who really got the soft usage, both heavily offensive zone and against easier competition. If anything I think that JT will draw more of the difficult competition away from Kadri when the opposing coach has last change and on the fly changes. Last year Babcock's top 3 centers averaged 46.5 ES mins per night, I think we'll see that at least stay the same and maybe increase as the position has been upgraded while the 4th line C spot is really not nailed down at all

I don't really disagree with too much of this and I actually agree that Tavares will see much more of the high end matchups. Do you expect one of Kadri, Tavares or Matthews to play wing at ES? Because otherwise it will be tough to have those three eat up 46.5 ES minutes unless you really only play 3 lines. That number would leave only a two or three minutes of ES time for the fourth line.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I don't really disagree with too much of this and I actually agree that Tavares will see much more of the high end matchups. Do you expect one of Kadri, Tavares or Matthews to play wing at ES? Because otherwise it will be tough to have those three eat up 46.5 ES minutes unless you really only play 3 lines. That number would leave only a two or three minutes of ES time for the fourth line.
I think they're all ES centers, but that's what Matthews/Kadri/Bozak averaged combined last year. Toronto also averaged 51 ES mins/game rather than 48. Bottom half in penalties taken, dead last in powerplay mins. I don't think a year will see that trend flipped on its ear

Last edited:

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
As I'm functionally literate and was able to read the OP....

I think he has pluses and minuses...

He is a very good 2c. A very responsible 2 way center.
He is also not very likable and makes some incredibly stupid plays. This hurts his value.

Overall I value him as an average 2c.

Kadri is closer to a 1C than he is an 'average' 2C.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
That’s why Montreal is a bottom 5 team. It’s like saying Petry would be #1 RHD on the Leafs. Pointless. Enjoy the first round exit while we will draft another stud young guy!
“Another stud” like your last third overall pick galchenyuk... er domi? Or that one kid you guys took 6 picks too early kotka-notzadina?

We could trade you Leivo, you could try him out as a number 1 center!

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
There is no reason to trade him. A great top 3Cs is a luxury not many teams have. It protects a team against injuries to a vital piece.

Better to hold onto him and address remaining holes in the lineup slowly over time. Unless the cap forces a move.

To answer the question, good 2C, very good 3C. And a pita to play against

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Granlund, Gunnarsson, and 2020 3rd rounder for Kadri

This gives them a Centre as 3C and a solid strong defensive prospect IN addition to a nother high/mid draft pick

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
IMO terrific 2nd line C that plays a very good 2 way game. He is a **** on the ice so non Leaf fans will hate him but would love him on their team.

Reactions: Tarmore

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4