Value of: Outside opinion on Kadri

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
With the addition of Tavares, the leafs appear to be fairly stacked on their center depth and as most of you already have read trade proposals from random leaf fans looking for defensive help, you read about trouba, paryako and other top defenseman.... A nice endless cycle, but realistically what would a player like Kadri fetch ?

If you ask me I think toronto needs to be calling up the canes being they have pretty good depth on defense and could use some center help so kadri to carolina as an outside fan looks like a good fit.

Help the leaf fans with an actual fair value assessment with their players and let's find them a defenseman that would be available for someone like kadri.
Nazem Kadri hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Kadri is somewhere between a 1B and a 2A center... who's young(ish) and on an amazing contract. Pretty sure that if Toronto was really willing to move him (even for a quality D), that they wouldn't have a hard time doing so. Given that their center depth isn't that great outside of an amazing top 3 (aka no 3C replacement), I don't see Toronto being all that willing to move Kadri. Their fans, maybe. But after watching Pittsburgh win back to back cups based largely on quality centers/forwards with a subpar blueline, I don't think their management agree's that they need to move a C for a high end RD.

Jerts

Mar 5, 2015
Winnipeg
As I'm functionally literate and was able to read the OP....

I think he has pluses and minuses...

He is a very good 2c. A very responsible 2 way center.
He is also not very likable and makes some incredibly stupid plays. This hurts his value.

Overall I value him as an average 2c.

Reactions: TS Quint

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Outside opinion: Leafs do not trade Kadri if their life depends on it. He is capable of playing a hard minutes shut down role while still producing and they need to exploit the hell out of that to help give Tavares/Matthews better match ups.

Kadri should be around for a long time and I think Leaf fans will agree.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
They really don’t have depth at centre. Outside those 3 they really don’t have anyone to step in. This pars Lindholm might pan out but if he doesn’t who else can step in and play.
LOL if you take away any teams top 3 centers you could say they don't have much else to step in, not exactly ground-breaking :laugh:

But even in the case where they need someone to fill in at C, Nylander can step in

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I think Shanahan & co realized that cup winning teams are often built through the middle of the ice and think they're in a cap position to have 3 very good ones for the next 4 years. Tavares doesn't make Kadri expendable, he makes the Leafs' center position the thing that should carry them to contention and the time limit on that is cap trouble, which probably starts with the Matthews/Marner/Nylander signings but the first wave of noticeable casualties will be when Kadri & Rielly need new deals.

I think there's too much stress put on icing a balanced team by HF. The Leafs have a huge hole at top pairing RHD, but that's really the only hole on the roster and it looks like we're covering that up in the short term by adding strength in other positions. It's hard to find a team that couldn't use a big improvement somewhere, so for now I think the Leafs roll with what they have until they can find the piece they need by trade, free agency or development

Reactions: loyaltotheend

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Don’t think they will trade Kadri either, but if they did, they could do some patch work. I think OP was just hypothetically asking what player in return is a fair value.

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
He's a good 2C - IMO Leafs should keep him as strength down the center is a rare thing and something you want to take advantage of.

I think best bet would be Nylander in a 1 for 1 swap with a young up and coming RD as I feel like a winger would be easier to replace than a match up C, and you would probably get a better return.

Reactions: IceBoxHockey

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
I agree that they should keep him, but you tend to see his name pop up as if he is available, It's hard to gauge proper value, but I guess I was wrong in assuming kadri would be available via trade, Not many teams will give up a good defenseman for a winger granted hall was traded but outside of that kadri holds value as a center and has good value at that (great contract for 30+ goals). I'm just trying to find a dancing partner for the leafs to end this quest of finding a quality defenseman for what they "might be" willing to give up, And as an outsider looking in kadri bumping down to the 3rd line one would assume it might be a good idea to shop him considering he is coming off back to back 30 goal seasons.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Won’t be traded, I’ll tell holy that. Very good player. Good goal scorer. My honest opinion however is that I feel like he isn’t the player he could be. When I look at his skills I see more of a 75 point player than the 50 point player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad