Value of: Outside opinion on Kadri

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Too good to be stuck in a #3 role, trade chip

The whole #3C role is a dumb label.

He will be getting 16-18 minutes a night like most 2Cs get. Leafs are so deep up front that I suspect our "4th line" will only be playing 4-5 minutes a night for PK purposes and defensive zone starts.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The whole #3C role is a dumb label.

He will be getting 16-18 minutes a night like most 2Cs get. Leafs are so deep up front that I suspect our "4th line" will only be playing 4-5 minutes a night for PK purposes and defensive zone starts.
yeah, it's just dumb. Kadri is a "#3C' the way Malkin is a "#2C", or Scandella was a #5D" on MN.
Kadri is a good #2c on a team with excess top 6 C's. Call him a fringe #1 if it makes you feel better....to me he isn't.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Kadri is a good #2 centre, and a great #3 centre.

With Kadri/Matthews/Tavares, there's really only one team who stands out as having a better group of 3 centres than the Leaf. Without Kadri, they're an extremely top-heavy group who are one injury away from falling apart, especially considering that the Leafs really don't have an NHL-qualified 4th line C.

You know things are going well when folks are worried about but but but 4th line C!!!

Lol.

For the record, in a pinch they have multiple wingers with C experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad