Speculation: Offseason coaching thread: Should they stay or should they go?

Coaches:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think he's a classic "solid but unspectacular" candidate. A B or B+. If there isn't a home run hire out there, then someone who knows what Dubas' priorities are in an AHL team and who has had success as a head coach would certainly be a reasonable hire.

I enjoy the fact he is someone Dubas knows and that's the most important part. Give your friends gigs.

• Haha
Reactions: Lustaf

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
How is Sheldon Keefe not the Asst Coach by now?
Because:
1) he’s likely to get a head coaching job or
2) Dubas can’t do anything about Sullivan as he has an iron clad contract and FSG loves him, and Sullivan is threatened by Keefe and doesn’t want him around

Pick your choice lol…I subscribe to 2) btw lol

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
some guys have enough clout that they don’t need to take an assistant gig, even if a head job isn’t immediately offered. Keefe’s probably in that category.

He can take a year off and still be on the radar for vacancies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The internet says Jansen Harkins is Canadian/American.

Guess who just booked a bottom 6 role for the red white and blue?
Harkins is such a fraud. I bet he's the kind of guy that would flip flop back and forth on where he's from to gain favorability with people.

"Hey, you! Boy! You stop right der! Where you from...BOY!?"
"Why I'm a good ol American, sir! Red, white, and blue running through these veins, proud and true! Let's shoot off fireworks together on July 4th after grilling some hot dogs! I'll bring the mustard!"

*20 minutes later*

"Yeah, excuse me sir, can I get a bag of milk, eh? And, if you could and it's not too much trouble and inconvenience, could I ask for a box? I'm meeting my sweetie at Tim Hortons in a few and i wouldn't want it to spill in the car".

Fraud. f***ing fraud.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Not surprised Keefe got snatched right up. I think that's a good move by the Devils. He's competent if nothing else.

And yes the Devils probably will finish ahead of the Penguins next season. Why wouldn't they? They're a young and talented team and we aren't.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Not surprised Keefe got snatched right up. I think that's a good move by the Devils. He's competent if nothing else.

And yes the Devils probably will finish ahead of the Penguins next season. Why wouldn't they? They're a young and talented team and we aren't.

The Devils actually want to win. I think that's something utterly misrepresented in the Penguins organization and fan base. I think folks are out to lunch thinking this ownership group or front office give two puttering shits about this club having any success right now.

I'd be shocked if NJ doesn't go make some bold move for goaltending this Summer and possibly a veteran or two. Their fanbase is itching for success and ours is clamoring for hockey's own JoePa.

Reactions: Andy99 and Pancakes

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The nails were hammered into the coffin for years, from JR's shift to insane bullshit, Sullivan's constant influence, Hextall being a schmuck, and Dubas carrying on the tradition. :laugh: This team's coffin may as well be like 80% nails at this point.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
The nails were hammered into the coffin for years, from JR's shift to insane bullshit, Sullivan's constant influence, Hextall being a schmuck, and Dubas carrying on the tradition. :laugh: This team's coffin may as well be like 80% nails at this point.

It's hard to come back (quickly) from any one of those train wreck situations. One after another?

Again 2025 (probably):
A1) Florida
A2) Tampa
A3) Toronto
WC1) Boston

M1) Rangers
M2) Devils
M3) Hurricanes
WC2) X?

That X is now getting fought over by the Islanders, Red Wings, Buffalo, Ottawa, and maybe Pittsburgh/Philly. Which moves are we suddenly making after sitting on our hands for a year? Still rolling 38 year old Geno out as 2C trying to carry grinders? DOC replacing Jake on L1 for a 37 year old Crosby?

Sullivan still doing Sullivan and going to fill our roster with Harkins clones and wonder why we can't get to our game and why scoring zero goals doesn't equal wins.

The logic is just so crazy that it's become comical at this point. Even the stubborn Leafs are going to make change before the Penguins do.

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
Don’t disagree that Dubas hitching his wagon to Sullivan is insane but using the Devils as an example of a team that’s going all out for success because they hired Sheldon freakin Keefe is hilarious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad